GTP v GT5net v GTRP v GTNDC (Unofficial GTP Event)

• Thread starter uk86ze
  • 313 comments
So then i guess we would also need each forum to run another tournament beforehand of a similar format to find top 3 drivers?

we could do a timetrial on suzuka and post your best time via evidence.
have a limited date of entering and shut off time etc or we may know who some of the best drivers are already and i wont put my name forward

if i get the go ahead then it will be like this.

The 4 forums compete again but only 3 of their best drivers can enter.
There will be 2 groups only.

Eg team GTP v team GTNDC
team GT5net v team GTRP

so say team GTP win team GTNDC
and team GT5net win GTRP
there will be a final at a later date between GTP and GT5net as they won their group.
3rd and 4th place will be fought between GTNDC & GTRP

there will be points in these races.
1st = 10pts
2nd = 8
3rd = 7
4th = 6
5th = 5
6th = 4

after 3 races all the points from the drivers will be will be totalled together, this makes it a team effort and not down to a single player.
eg team GTP have 84pts in total from the 3 races and Gtndc have 76 points in total from all their drivers in 3 races. team GTP go to the final from the winners of the other group.
we will need photographic evidence.
Other non member drivers taking part i have a solution.
there are 10 players who are in the race and the final standing are as follow

1 JMR GTNDC 10pts
2 joe bloggs
3 tommy
4 KlopferGTRP 8pts
5 Madforce 7pts
6 Harry
7 WAyne GT5net 6pts
8 GTPuk86ze 5pts
9 john
10 RudiRaer 4pts.
all times will be given to players via pm so nobody knows the times of starting.
IF there are disconnections start straight awayetc
What do people think.

Yeah, this sounds great 👍 After racing in the tuning showdowns, where there was only 5 or 6 of us, we had a lot more luck connecting with each other. Although, it did help that we were only running in the less-popular PP500. Perhaps this time we should run races in PP500, 600 and 750? (or, whatever is around if PD changes them again)
Also, with this kind of setup, we could include more boards.

we could do a timetrial on suzuka and post your best time via evidence.
have a limited date of entering and shut off time etc or we may know who some of the best drivers are already and i wont put my name forward

Nah, time trials and races are completely different.

Hot Lapping requires great technique but with the ability to repeat over and over, consistency isn;t as important. Nor can it determine a players overtaking ability.

The best way to determine who the best racers are is to have a race. 👍

Hot Lapping requires great technique but with the ability to repeat over and over, consistency isn;t as important. Nor can it determine a players overtaking ability.

....but it is how its done in real life....qualifying is a key part of racing. I agree that hotlapping and racing are different driving styles though.

👍 on that comment. Qualifiers aren't necessarily the best Racers.

....but it is how its done in real life....qualifying is a key part of racing. I agree that hotlapping and racing are different driving styles though.

Yes thats true but qualifying not as well means you start off a few spots behind in real life. Whereas with this format if only the top 3 are accepted for this tournament that means that someone who could be a better racer doesn't even get to compete.

Qualifying is a key part in racing, but that is particularly important because it determines grid positions, no such thing is possible in online racing as there is no qualifying for online, which sort makes it a little pointless. I say this because I myself can't hot lap for toffee but when it comes to acctually racing people I find myself to be far more competant which is the reason I never joined the WRS. I am sure I am not the only person who drives like a different person when in time trial mode to when I drive in online race mode.

^Yeah, good point. Well then, a "qualifying" race(s) should be held for each board.
Anyway, it would also be nice to see other boards participate, because there are a few other ones out there.

more boards = more headache.
it will be an unofficial GTP event Mods

I understand, but then perhaps we should split up some of the burden, you dont have to coordinate it all you know. From looking at some of the other boards, they have noticed the high activity over the past few nights on PP600 Suzuka and are naturally going to be interested.
Well, anyway, just putting it out there, you're the organiser, so its up to you.

I understand, but then perhaps we should split up some of the burden, you dont have to coordinate it all you know. From looking at some of the other boards, they have noticed the high activity over the past few nights on PP600 Suzuka and are naturally going to be interested.
Well, anyway, just putting it out there, you're the organiser, so its up to you.

I could take care of these 4 boards and if someone wants to organise with another 4 then please do so.
i think it will be a great idea the winner then playing for the winner of the other boards:tup:
also take in mind that it will be a PAL event again.

Also if people want to organise something themselves and something different then please please do so.

I would like to see any qualifier done in free run please. The problem we have with doing it 'in race' is at this current time we have a game with a boost, handicap, over excessive drafting feature in place and other drivers joining that could cause problems that are totally out of our control. combine all four, and we have no way of knowing what the drivers are capable of when left to their own driving skills. I honestly would be very disappointed if any qualifying is done in-race.

I could take care of these 4 boards and if someone wants to organise with another 4 then please do so.
i think it will be a great idea the winner then playing for the winner of the other boards:tup:
also take in mind that it will be a PAL event again.

Also if people want to organise something themselves and something different then please please do so.

Yeah, at the moment its impossible to organise an event with the NTSC regions without one side all having copies of the other region's GT5 Prologue.

Some good things in what you suggest uk86ze.

Seems very difficult for me to choose only 3 players as I have around 15 wanting to compete ;).

We at gt5net will be ok to host one of the future event but not for next week.
I need to have more time to think about it.

We should keep going on organizing this kind of event between our board which is really pleasant for all of us 👍

-Allow more time between 2 race (5min)
-Less racers per race (6 to 8, maybe 2 of each board)

👍

you could take it up to 4 players each as you want to run it smooth.
there will he players who want to compete and can not so this is where you bring on some kind of qualifying in each board. Then a week later give some other members a chance who didn't get to race etc.

I would like to see any qualifier done in free run please. The problem we have with doing it 'in race' is at this current time we have a game with a boost, handicap, over excessive drafting feature in place and other drivers joining that could cause problems that are totally out of our control. combine all four, and we have no way of knowing what the drivers are capable of when left to their own driving skills. I honestly would be very disappointed if any qualifying is done in-race.

If an in race 'qualifying' is not an accurate way of determining the fastest drivers, then surely a race to determine the fastest board is no more reliable when using the online mode; which begs the question 'whats the point?', and if the answer is 'for fun!', then what is the point of limiting the fun to just 3 people per board when really for fun should encorperate everyone (or at least a pheasable amount of enterants).

[edit] The original didn't make any sense :D
I don't want to sound like I am agaisnt the idea but perhaps an online race to determine the fastest board under current circumstances can't determine the best board thanks to the nature of online play, if that is the case why just drive with a few people?

If an in race 'qualifying' is not an accurate way of determining the fastest drivers, then surely a race to determine the fastest board is no more reliable when using the online mode; which begs the question 'whats the point?', and if the answer is 'for fun!', then what is the point of limiting the fun to just 3 people per board when really for fun should encorperate everyone (or at least a pheasable amount of enterants).

I don't want to sound like I am agaisnt the idea but perhaps an online race to determine the fastest baord, but under current circumstances if it can't determine the best board thanks to the nature of online play they why just drive with a few people?

I agree with you, 👍 I would like to see as many drivers as possible out there and not have it limited to a small number. I personally would like to see it kept simple instead of trying to do the impossible whilst we are reliant upon public arenas.

It would be so much simpler and more fun IMO if we just set a date and time, track and car class, and then race the night away and not be restricted to whom we drive against.

Your words sounds good to me Sphinx 👍

So maybe have 2 kind of events... 1 open to all boards and players (for ex : a saturday evening from 22h00 to ....... as long as we want)
And another one, where we can try to compete for our boards with the good & bad of GT5p Online ;)

There is a bit of a dilemma though, in that the best way to get all boards running together is when a comp is set up. I wasn't available to race on satuday but on the friday night it seemed like everyone was out to practice, not just fom GTP of course but it made for exceptional racing for hours. Running with specific times makes things very complicated to organise and structure, so how do we set up a low organisation event which will encourage drivers from various boards like the races we have just had?

Its a challenge but it seems like its worth it 👍.

[edit] Big thanks to uk86ze for all you hard work on saturdays race, it is much appreciated :cheers:

So maybe have 2 kind of events... 1 open to all boards and players (for ex : a saturday evening from 22h00 to ....... as long as we want)
And another one, where we can try to compete for our boards with the good & bad of GT5p Online ;)

Yes, I agree completely. Although I would love to do a proper competition, with points standings and everything, I can see it being too much hassle to try to organise effectively. For example, with the last races groups, there were a couple of Groups that were split up, and so ran seperate races - how would we decide who got points/1st place there?

The most fun Ive had online is either with the random meetings with forum members and the smaller scale Tuner Showdown. Last night was not as much fun because it was too reliant on the people in each group synchronising properly with each other....at such a popular time as Satuday night, it led to many of us not joining/being split up.

I definitely prefer the idea of having a set time period where all the boards race at the same track and same PP level, rather than pre-determined race schedules, I think that has to be left till private rooms for now.

What I propose:
Say, all boards race on a specific track and PP level each week, much in a similar way to how the PAL/NTSC meeting threads are. For example, next week all boards play PP750 Suzuka, then the next week they play PP500 Suzuka around 5 or 6pm onwards.

Yeah, All sounds good, Im happy whatever as long as i get to race. Ive now got a few members from GT5_net on my friends list and have been racing GTP_Racer_LP as well. Its so much better racing a forum member.

Was nice yesterday.

A pleasure to drive with GT5net_Nesty..
Nice job from GTNDC as team:sly:
Sorry to Roadrunner_GTRP for that contact on the straight in the last race:indiff:

Unfortunately ADIDAZ_GTP kicked me badly offtrack in the last race.

The rest was pure fun.

My stats in Group B:

1. - 2. Place
2. - 2. Place
3. - 1. Place
4. - 6. Place

Looking forward for some good races outhere:tup:

What I propose:
Say, all boards race on a specific track and PP level each week, much in a similar way to how the PAL/NTSC meeting threads are. For example, next week all boards play PP750 Suzuka, then the next week they play PP500 Suzuka around 5 or 6pm onwards.

👍👍 yep,

The Friday evening and the whole Saturday was super to race online.

All the boards were in training.:)

I raced for hours and had some great and clean battles with all 4 the boards.(and privateers:tup:)

I couldn't participate in the boards races but I had my fun already.

Cheers for every one I encounterd. :cheers:

I agree with that too Ardius... for the moment the best time we had was during some evening non organized... Let's try to organize it a little bit and whoever we will race with during those events should be good fun anyway ;)

As long as PD doesn't offer us private room... interforum competition might be difficult to organize.

So lets have fun all together in semi organized all boards racing evenings 👍

I think the proposition of semi-organised race evenings is the best way to ensure great racing with other forums, until we have the luxury of private lobbies.

Then the real racing begins :D....

...1 open to all boards and players (for ex : a saturday evening from 22h00 to ....... as long as we want)

I agree with that. How about someday from 22.00-24.00, and competitors take pictures of their results. Then you pick 8 best of your results, and send them to thread wich is opened just for that. So we could count points for racers. 10 for winner, 8,6,5,4,3,2,1... I dont know how many race you can drive in two hours, maybe 12-14. Quitting is ofcourse unexpectable.

There would be real competiting cause you race to you, not for your colours.

...If it's not your best racingday, dont send those and say that you were only testing, or you dont have digicam.

Best of racers could then make new meeting and see whose quickest.

...1 open to all boards and players (for ex : a saturday evening from 22h00 to ....... as long as we want)

I agree with that. How about someday from 22.00-24.00, and competitors take pictures of their results. Then you pick 8 best of your results, and send them to thread wich is opened just for that. So we could count points for racers. 10 for winner, 8,6,5,4,3,2,1... I dont know how many race you can drive in two hours, maybe 12-14. Quitting is ofcourse unexpectable.

There would be real competiting cause you race to you, not for your colours.

...If it's not your best racingday, dont send those and say that you were only testing, or you dont have digicam.

Best of racers could then make new meeting and see whose quickest.

Its a nice idea, but at this moment in time I am inclined to say that point scoring isn't really worth it. Personally after the enjoyment of friday night I would quite happy to name a time and date once a week and race against anyone who turns up.

If enough people enjoy this then there shouldn't be any shortage of fellow GTP, GTRP or GT5_Net etc. to compete against. My only worry is that if it prooves to be extremely popular it will be hard to moderate and may draw the attention of some unsavoury characters.

Was nice yesterday.

A pleasure to drive with GT5net_Nesty..
Nice job from GTNDC as team:sly:
Sorry to Roadrunner_GTRP for that contact on the straight in the last race:indiff:

Unfortunately ADIDAZ_GTP kicked me badly offtrack in the last race.

The rest was pure fun.

My stats in Group B:

1. - 2. Place
2. - 2. Place
3. - 1. Place
4. - 6. Place

Looking forward for some good races outhere:tup:

Don't recall knocking you off track, but if you say I did then I apologies for that, had I known I would of stopped and waited.

Back