United States
North Dakota
GTP_Cowboy
RacingCowboy570
Rocket League, nominated by @SomePlayaDude

7447.jpeg

Release Date:
7th July 2015
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch (not yet released)
Developer: Psyonix Inc
Genre: Sports

"Soccer meets driving once again in the long-awaited, physics-based sequel to the beloved arena classic, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!

A futuristic Sports-Action game, Rocket League®, equips players with booster-rigged vehicles that can be crashed into balls for incredible goals or epic saves across multiple, highly-detailed arenas. Using an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions, Rocket League® relies on mass and momentum to give players a complete sense of intuitive control in this unbelievable, high-octane re-imagining of association football."

I honestly don't have many bad things to say about this game.

I remember I was OBSESSED with this game last year though...

It all started 4th of July weekend, 2016 I believe. We were at Best Buy and I played a demo of Rocket League on the PS4. Although I sucked at the demo, we ended up getting the full version at home and I just fell in love with it.

I love how you sort of use powerups in this game (e.g. jumping, boosting) and the fact you could blow your opponents up if you were traveling at a fast enough speed.

Psyonix did a good job with most of the environments, making it actually seem like you were at a real soccer game. I loved the roar of the crowd on most environments, and I remember that they actually roared louder when you scored a goal. The only environment I wasn't a huge fan of was the London-styled subway one. It felt awkward without the crowd there, plus I sucked at that map anyway.

And I loved the fact you could customize your car with your team colors, and also add other bits like off-road tires and flags or antennas. I used the smiley face antenna for good luck :)

The last thing I loved was the AI difficulty. I played on Normal mode (I believe that's what it was? IDK, it's been a while) and for me they gave me and my team a good fight to the finish. This made for some exciting games for me.

Definite A for me.

I picked this up for my PS4 with full intention of playing against one of my friends from my early YouTube days, only to find out that he has it for PC and doesn't really play it anymore. I've actually got my first impressions livestream (language warning if you wanna watch) that I did about two months ago, trying everything out for the first time. It was reasonably easy to pick up, however a few of the things I encountered online weren't very encouraging to continue playing, whether you'd have teammates that were straight up idle, or people who were just straight up rude, taking their game wayyyy too seriously.

Giving this one a C.

however a few of the things I encountered online weren't very encouraging to continue playing, whether you'd have teammates that were straight up idle, or people who were just straight up rude, taking their game wayyyy too seriously.

If you do need to know, you can report people of this behavior. And unlike most games with an in game report (*cough*GTAOnline*cough*), they work, and if repeated, can lead to permanent online bans.

Plus a working autoban for chatting up profanities.

Over 1600 hours, and still have more to learn and improve at.

Easy A. I've never spent this much time on any game for as low as $12.

Game really gets you going on testing your spatial awareness, depth perception, and forcing you to actively calculate your trajectory as well as the ball's trajectory. Landing hits where you want them and making the right calls is a hell of a rewarding feeling and I currently cannot get enough of it yet.

Back