GTP vs. Wham - RIP George Michael

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,229 comments
Well you learn something new everyday. Turns out my phone can play music on this site. It was the day before Christmas and all through the house my sobbing was audible much much louder than a mouse. Im out so so close to the end.
@TB @Daniel

Last edited:
Easy this year. I am working on a cargo ship and been in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and India this month.
Change of hearing Wham there is rather small :lol:.

As long as no other crew member puts this crap song on I'm save.

Merry Christmas to all. :cheers:

TB
That's when I learned that @Jordan was a DJ.

And has a four year old daughter.

Already been eliminated, but funnily enough, that's the first time I've heard the song in December.

I would have been so close. :lol:

Yesterday I went to the mall and the radio played TWO covers of Last Christmas back to back but not a trace of the original... I would still be in this if it weren't for that pesky radio advertisement :(

Hey, it's been a while, but it's time for some good news.

Like 2 years ago, I went camping, but survived in such a confidence that could be compared to the charisma of Ron Burgundy. My camp's at somewhere on Borneo, and somehow the camp site somehow got all pro-christian and has Christmas deco all around. I'll shrug that off at least.

And on the last day, me and the mates went to the main hall for some karaoke (yesterday).

I'm cool with karaoke. It's like a special skill to me. It makes me look like a fool, and everyone else is laughing about it. I'm sure you're to hear how I sang "The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go" while pretending to stay drunk on the floor.

Third song for me to sing is up, and lo and behold, George has came to me.. in a shack in the middle of the forest of a Muslim country. But I'm having too much fun singing to defeat to say I've lost. So it's a moral victory at least..

..or not, of course I lost.

Loser is SPD.

But nothing can top the performance from Cheshire Oaks last year. Or rather the "present"tation of it.

On the fifth day of Christmas, Wham has gave to me..

Fiiiivvee UK daaayys...
Four are Whamless.
Three George strikes
Two close calls
And One whammed SPD.

@Daniel
@TB

Guess it's time to batten down the hatches and make sure everything is on mute. In a few mere hours it'll be Christmas in a majority of the world which can only mean one thing... @Jordan will be Whamming at full force.

If I took part of this, I'd have headphones on continuously playing Daiki Kasho - What To Believe, Dakota Star - Break Down (GT4P version), Feeder - Just a Day and The Chain Gang of 1974 - Sleepwalking at a high volume, playing until December 26th. Well, there aren't many better songs to use to deafen yourself with while trying not to listen to 🤬.

Everything's on mute or vibrate, I've got CDs in the car, shopping/parties are done, no work until Tues...

All I have to do is make it.... 9~ish hours to at least get to Christmas.

I'm pulling my 'Nico-Rosberg' as soon as it's over, pins & needles now folks.

Last edited:
The lady friend was joking about how she was getting into the song as it was playing in Asda yesterday, then she said she could play it and I'd lose. I had to bow my head in shame while telling her the double figure landmark was a long time ago for this year's attempt. Really making up for 2 years successful in a row ain't you George!

My wife went to yoga this morning. Afterwards she showered. I heard the water turn off and about 5 minutes later she called me into the bedroom. I obliged because I'm not stupid.

Turns out it was because Last Christmas was on the radio but, thankfully, it was Swifty. She asked if it counted, I said no then promptly left, disgusted at my stupidity. :irked:

TB
My wife went to yoga this morning. Afterwards she showered. I heard the water turn off and about 5 minutes later she called me into the bedroom. I obliged because I'm not stupid.

Turns out it was because Last Christmas was on the radio but, thankfully, it was Swifty. She asked if it counted, I said no then promptly left, disgusted at my stupidity. :irked:
Welp, guess you're going to be grumpy for a while.

Your sanity? Or did he already get that one?
My sanity was already in question the moment I began furiously yelling at my tablet because I heard the moaning of George Michael to the most 80s tune ever and having to tell my Internet friends about it.

I don't mean to permawham myself, but it's actually, wait for it, not that bad. A displeasure, yes, but not quite on the level of the four minutes of excrement that is All I Want for Christmas.

Back