GTP vs. Wham - RIP George Michael

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,229 comments
Wow, was never a fan of his music, but there's no denying we lost a very talented person with a great unique voice.

Woah, this game just suddenly got a lot more heavy. :(

I'm no longer doing this just for me, I'm gonna do this for the guy behind the very song that we've been trying (and for some failing) to avoid.

Seems kinda odd in retrospect.

But here's to you George Michael for making a song which in one way or another, made Christmas that little bit better. :cheers:

Jeez. Just when I was about to have 4 years of a Wham-free life... the heavy hits. Not out, but no longer have my heart in the game.

It's no longer fun when 🤬 like this happens. It feels weird trying to avoid the song now, but I guess all I can do is remember one of the most interesting voices of the 80's in the best way I can; avoiding a particular song.

Wow... that's a bit of a shock. The game will probably get harder now, but I feel weird in saying that it's lost some fun...

Perhaps next year we can honor him by seeing who can listen to it the most instead of who can avoid it?

Thank you for giving GTPlanet such a fun annual tradition, George. Jokes aside, the difficulty of this game for people from all around the world is a testament to just how ubiquitous it really is. To make a song that iconic (and unavoidable) is a very special and rare thing to do. Rest in peace.

Well, this is awkward.

I'm actually quite shocked. Not a good way to wrap up Christmas at all. Rest in peace, George.

Piss off 2016. Nobody likes you. You are the whiny toddler that throws a fit in a resturaunt...

RIP George. Not a fan, but I respect the hell out of you

Well ain't that a load of 🤬. Now playing this game in the future just won't feel right.

RIP George.

Last edited:
I thought it was a joke when my Dad told me this morning whilst I was doing a job. I'm still shocked. Out of all the celebrity deaths, I was most shocked by this one. Likely due to the fact there was no reports of ailing health from the sounds of it. He is undoubtedly a musical icon and has left his mark on the industry. And now he's never gonna dance again... RIP George Michael

Watch Last Christmas go to Number 1 in the UK now, it is the highest selling song not to reach the summit, and with this news on Christmas Day, I expect it to be campaigned to the top.

Watch Last Christmas go to Number 1 in the UK now, it is the highest selling song not to reach the summit, and with this news on Christmas Day, I expect it to be campaigned to the top.
I wouldn't be surprised if the song starts playing even more.

Shocked by the news. RIP George, another great voice gone.
So far so good, did all the Christmas shopping in different days successfuly, and no one at home listens to the radio, but still a week to go, and with such news, it could be the hardest one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the song starts playing even more.
It definitely will.

I'm not a fan, which is why I sign up for the task of avoiding that particular song annually. As @Jordan quite nicely put it though, the fact that it's so hard to avoid is testament to a huge achievement in pop. I do acknowledge his talent even though his songs aren't to my taste.

So rest in peace, George. :cheers:

Back