GTP vs. Wham - RIP George Michael

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,229 comments
Watch Last Christmas go to Number 1 in the UK now, it is the highest selling song not to reach the summit, and with this news on Christmas Day, I expect it to be campaigned to the top.
It would certainly be a fitting tribute to the man, but at the same time a bit sad seeing as how he wouldn't be alive to see it happen.

I'll just leave this here.

gfueSiFh.jpg

I am in shock at the passing of such a talented singer :eek:

Although I didn't register to take part in this 'game', I've managed to avoid hearing the song in question up until now.
I'm now going to commit Whamicide by listening to his album, Ladies & Gentlemen The Best Of George Michael.

Taken too soon, RIP :(

Saying it again, what the hell 2016!
As much as I despise Last Christmas, I think George was a talented singer and though I'm not a fan he made a few songs that are pretty good.
RIP

I'm going to attempt to move on and continue playing as I have before :). George Michael has given me too much joy with this and the "Absolutely Flawless" running gag in Yugioh GX the Abridged Series to stop now.

These last 6 days of Wham Season (or 7 depending on where you live) are going to be interesting.

I was never official but I've fallen victim to the horrors of wham. Don't usually listen to radio (especially during this time of the year) but I got a new PC and started playing around with a few radio apps. The PC almost went out the window. :grumpy:

What luck that it would happen to me on Christmas day :(

If you watched CNN, just to remind, I warned you all before ;)
Finnish Yle 1 , 9am news.

But I did not receive updates from this thread for 2 weeks & even if I had I would't have seen the warning in time. I was doing stuff on my phone while catching the news in the background. When the song played I stopped what I was doing and I started to realise that I was getting whammed.. I even rewinded the program backwards to see why they were playing "Last Christmas" on the NEWS.. R.I.P.

The very next thing I had in mind was to write here.. that the next few days will be claiming many more victims.

EDIT: My wham count now : 3 (9am news , the rewind & 9:55am news)

Last edited:
I'm extremely shocked right now. RIP George Michael indeed, 2016 has claimed another great star. If I were still in I'd Wham myself right now without hesitation.

So in the last few days Status Quo Guitarist Rick Parfitt has gone, George Michael has gone and movie legend Carrie Fisher was almost taken away from us, 2016 might be nearly over but its still packing a punch.

RIP George :(

RIP George. Last Christmas may have been a pants song but you made some real classics. One of many many people taken by 2016 and such an out of the blue one too.

Once again I need to honestly state that last Christmas is one of the best Christmas songs ever. You're all just on the anti bandwagon here.

I don't think its that bad of a song and i never have done, i was always just playing along, there are worse Xmas tunes out there.

I also like the song a lot, but like others I find this game quite fun to play and it spices up the end of the year. :D

Whammed 6 times today, BTW.

Well i have been Whammed i think four further times since Christmas Eve, which means I am now into double figures, i have been well and truly slaughtered this year!

Most of the Whammings have come from TV, for example watching Soaps and Xmas specials and the song plays, i have been Whammed twice by Jordan.

@Daniel

I got whammed twice this morning. First time was when my dad was listeting to the news, and they played the song. Second time was when my mom decided to remember George. I'm out.

BTW, watch out with the ...
upload_2016-12-26_21-39-45.png

Thread. Don't worry, as always I had my volume off before muting the tab, but it's an active full like-mine field!!

Back