GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Only two bets on the "two dads" and one of them is mine!
I'm a bit lost as to what comes next, Paul...?

Why you a bit lost ?
If its the Betting the credit has been added for the two winners and credit taking form the losers ;).

If its what comes next, get ready for National A, final checks are under way for the next three cups.
  • Clubman Cup 500 pp (tuning Allowed)
  • Night Masters 475 pp (its dark at big willow)
  • Mr Cup 470 pp (tuning allowed)
Tyres SH and SM and tuning has been allowed so that the car selection is larger.

Hopefully details will be released before the weekend or during.

Last edited:
If its what comes next, get ready for National A, final checks are under way for the next three cups.
  • Clubman Cup 500 pp (tuning Allowed)
  • Night Masters 475 pp (its dark at big willow)
  • Mr Cup 470 pp (tuning allowed)
Tyres SH and SM and tuning has been allowed so that the car selection is larger.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but any car can enter in those as long as it meets the PP. There is no specific restriction right? (Like RR or <'90's)

Edit: Except the MR one. I'm dumb, read it as Mister. .___.'

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but any car can enter in those as long as it meets the PP. There is no specific restriction right? (Like RR or <'90's)

Edit: Except the MR one. I'm dumb, read it as Mister. .___.'

Yes any car is available for the first two cups, MR cup the room will be set to MR only :sly:.

@hasslemoff
Who won the betting?

You just scraped in on the last day :sly:, and Javier were the only 2 to pick Two Dads 👍

Announcement Regarding New Capped Time Rules

This is to run as a trial over the next three Cup's, if people are found to be abusing the new rules it will not be appreciated as the old system will come back into place, so please don't look or ask how many laps can I get away with by running under the cap, a 90 second penalty is in place for qualifying quicker than the cap, there could be a little leniency for the trial run but take it you will receive the 90 sec penalty, in whole it should help in drivers not having to worry about clock watching and they can enjoy the race.

New recommended lap time rules.

Quali
  • If you exceed the capped lap time in quali 90 sec's penalty, basically you should not be able to exceed the capped time without draft in qualification.
  • If you exceed the capped time in quali you are free to race from the front of the grid and the penalty will be applied after the race.

Race
  • Drivers must take note of lap(s) were they exceeded the capped lap time (save replay), in case there any questions.
  • Exceeding the capped lap time in certain situations is acceptable. Racing in close quarters, Catching Draft (slip stream) and the perfect unexpected lap.
  • Please use your own discretion so you are not gaining a huge advantage by going under the capped lap time, for instance you are running numerous laps under the capped time please show some respect to other drivers and slow at some point.
  • Exceeding the capped time while running alone numerous times will result in a penalty (dependent on situation)
  • If you are found to be abusing this system the Qualification penalty of 90 seconds will be applied.
Please do not take the pee out the rule regarding the capped lap time's, this is to try and allow more close racing and the option to not watch the clock while in close racing, if people start bending the rules or taking the pee it will go back to the stricter rules. There is no excuse for spoiling the fun for everyone else.
This has come about as most of the time people have exceeded the lap time while been in racing situations.

Note: if you have set the car up wrong (to quick) you are free to stay on track and race, you do not need to leave, a quick note in the chat or on the mic after the race would be appreciated and the results will be amended.

Edit: Any questions feel free to ask if you are unsure on the new rule's

As an online rookie, is it possible to take part in the career championship, or are you all running teams now?

No teams at the moment, I'am looking at adding teams into the overall Championship but that will come at a later date.

Yes its possible to join now have a read of this post quick breakdown for new drivers and the new dates and details should be available in the next few days.

There is normally a few practice rooms open once the details have been made available, if you get a chance join some to get an idea of how the capped times work and how close the racing can be.

As an online rookie, is it possible to take part in the career championship, or are you all running teams now?

I suggest you do. For D2-D4 drivers this is even better than our regular WRS OLR events because the aliens can't run away from us because of the capped laps :D
Cars to look at: '04 BMW M3, '10 Camaro SS, any NSX, any RX7, any S2000.
If you look at Paul's post from Dec 29th you will see that for the next 7 events you will need:
German car, Italian car, MR car, 4WD car, and classic muscle car. So technically it can be done with buying just 3 cars (some lucky people like Ned might already have one of them).

Last edited:
Give this one a try Ronnie, its a great place to develop online racing skills. The practice rooms are probably as much fun as you can have playing GT6: Intense, clean, crazy fast racing without the pressure of races. You'll find most people willing to share info and tips on cars and tracks there as well. Some frantic testing will begin as soon as Paul has something for us.

Another question for Paul - what about the money? Do we get to tune for free or do we need to add the cost?
It will make a difference when picking a car.

Another question for Paul - what about the money? Do we get to tune for free or do we need to add the cost?
It will make a difference when picking a car.
Even with honor system, that's way too much work. Tuning parts are free.

Preview of HSR with @Iceman220 finding some major VTEC in the Integra. :ill: The rest of us are already considering BRAND NEW CARS!!! [/The Price Is Right reference]

High Speed Ring_35_small.jpg High Speed Ring_36_small.jpg High Speed Ring_37_small.jpg High Speed Ring_38_small.jpg

High Speed Ring_39_small.jpg High Speed Ring_40_small.jpg High Speed Ring_41_small.jpg

OK, maybe Jon is wringing that Vette for all it's worth. :D

Last edited:
Is there a track/time list up yet, or are you just like, seeing what you can get out of the cars you've picked?
I'm going to buy some cars and do some testing today.

Is there a track/time list up yet, or are you just like, seeing what you can get out of the cars you've picked?
I'm going to buy some cars and do some testing today.
Nothing official is out yet
Btw @Gravitron are these events getting counted towards historical results?

You'll have to pry my S2000 from my cold, dead hand before I give up on it :D
I'll probably join you for practice today Phoenix...
Ah almost forgot...who was that splurging on a Ferrari??? :lol:

Last edited:
I think Lucas tried the Ferrari. But given the history I think he's gonna buy something cheap. As I know him he would rather tune the hell out of a VW Beetle than buy a Porsche :)
There is no track list yet but you can start comparing cars tuned to 500PP. I was surprised by 2s per minute difference between cars that look similar on paper.

Have already done some shopping. Seem to be unsure yet. I'm bouncing between german 4WDs and Italian MRs, which are both quite hefty. Couldn't think about the Muscle Car Cup but I'll probably buy a Vette'...
Will have a practice room sometime around 22:00GMT (And can be back at 3:30 GMT for my standard pacific friends. It's friday after all :cheers:)
Let the testing begin :gtpflag:

@Gravitron dont you pinch my Ferrari :lol:, I have another car in mind though which I might try.

Does not look like ill get chance to finish the pretty post today sorry, but as the Clubman cup will be on Sunday Feb 15th you better have some times and tracks information.

Tyres Sports Hard or Sports Medium are available to everyone the choice is yours.

Clubman cup 500pp Tuning Available

Tracks + capped times
  • Trial Mountain = 1:36.000
  • High speed ring = 1:14.000
  • Grand Valley Reverse = 2:06
Night masters 475pp (Tuning Prohibited)

Tracks + capped lap times

• Apricot reverse = 1:34
  • Twin ring Motegi = 2:12
  • Big Willow = 1:27 (thats dark :) )
MR cup 470pp (Tuning Allowed)

Tracks + capped lap times

• Autumn ring reverse = 1:28
  • Rest TBD

Looks like fun @hasslemoff :cheers:

Is it a team Challenge or is it solo? I hope there comes some teamevents so our team Can get some training together.

Just so i'm not missunderstand. Car choise are free as PP tyres and so on fits?

Looks like fun @hasslemoff :cheers:

Is it a team Challenge or is it solo? I hope there comes some teamevents so our team Can get some training together.

Single, im trying to work on something so its not as much work for us to keep track of the team points which hopefully will be a later date.

Back