GTP WRS-Online Event 10 : A Scary Rx - April 2, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 98 comments
Disappointing race. Started in 14th when I was able to run high 2.18s in practice due to botched qualifying 👎

Shame I missed this one, especially as it was my first negative handicap in the TT. Anyway, first come first serve as they say.

sorry little paul that you had to miss the race .
I passed the message just before you left the room that you could drive in my place , but you were already gone .
Although something went wrong with the registration i still think i owe you one ! Thanks mate !

Well that was a stressful race for me qualified 3rd but lap 3-4 made a mistake to let Friday past and that was that.
Then made a mistake in T3 with a double downshift and I ran wide on to grass allowing mclaren past.
Then begain what felt like the worlds longest accident as mclaren was lagging ever so slightly,I could close up to him when ever I felt like it but soon as I got within a cars length the lag got worse.
At one point he was on my roof on the back straight.
So made the hard choice of backing off at least 2 seconds to save my race,
Still a great race thou.

JUst one qualifying lap but it brought me where i belonged so no hard feelings from me. The first 3 laps were very messed up but could survive and ran 16th. From then on i ran a good and consistend race and climbed to 12th place and was on the tale of @DON-mejilone but was surprised by @nepcon12 who rejoined (save btw) and braked to late and dropped 2 places back. From then on i could not get my full concentration back and made one other spin but could get back to 13th place. Had great fun though in lap 4-16 and learned a lot again. Congrats to the podium:tup:

Disappointing race. Started in 14th when I was able to run high 2.18s in practice due to botched qualifying 👎

Don't be too disapointed you got from 14th to 6th, that isn't bad at all. I made a few mistakes which is why you cought up, but we probably would've met in the last few laps anyway if I didn't had made those mistakes. Anyway was a fun little battle we had for those 2-3 laps. 👍

JUst one qualifying lap but it brought me where i belonged so no hard feelings from me. The first 3 laps were very messed up but could survive and ran 16th. From then on i ran a good and consistend race and climbed to 12th place and was on the tale of @DON-mejilone but was surprised by @nepcon12 who rejoined (save btw) and braked to late and dropped 2 places back. From then on i could not get my full concentration back and made one other spin but could get back to 13th place. Had great fun though in lap 4-16 and learned a lot again. Congrats to the podium:tup:

There is a bit of a glitch on the mass take spacing qualification. The guys in the back are losing more than a minute of the qualifying time...by the time you get to the last 4or so out of 16 the time taken away from them is 84 seconds or a much as 105 which means they only get one lap at ascari. Luckily I did a ho hum 22.XX so I was 8th or 9ninth...right where I belonged...but at least one guy behind me was a DIV 3 or 2 who had screwed up his lap and it showed as he bulled his way through us mere mortals. I like the same procedure with split groups of no more than 8. This was not a problem before because we had 10 or 11 cars to deal with...or we had two rooms.

And now a question. If a driver makes contact trying to pass and causes both cars to spin, isn't he supposed to wait for the attackee to rejoin before he does?

See Y'all (I'm trying to be a southruner here in Tennesse) later at NA

Last edited:
And now a question. If a driver makes contact trying to pass and causes both cars to spin, isn't he supposed to wait for the attackee to rejoin before he does?

Yes, it's the passing car's responsibility to make a clean pass, but there so many possibilities available depending on where on the track and the speed and position differentials, that a few instances are specifically called out in the OLR where it could actually be the attackee's fault (like moving to block a pass, for instance).

We ask that you look at the replay and determine whether you think a rule was broken. Then contact the driver and see if he agrees or not. Depending on how that interaction goes you can then report it to the stewards. In some cases, the driver might be nice enough to apologize, and that might make you feel like you don't need to take it to the stewards, with a lesson being learned by both drivers.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? :P

I suffered today with lack of practice as I was not consistent but did get my fastest ever lap near the end, practice make perfect :D
The line-up for the qual session was not bad but I had the car drive off on me when I touched the pit lane exit.

One suggestion is the line-up should be in order of the room allocation list so fastest ranking at the front so the fast guys don't get the lap ruined when they catch slower cars.

Will probably be my last one for a while as EU is DST now and we move out this weekend so 4:00 am is hard to do , will try to do any weekend ones that a scheduled though.

One suggestion is the line-up should be in order of the room allocation list so fastest ranking at the front so the fast guys don't get the lap ruined when they catch slower cars.
We normally ask drivers to leave ~8-10 second gaps, depending on the length of the lap and number of drivers. Realistically, unless someone crashes off, even the very fastest guys should catch people ahead. I wouldn't expect lap time differences to be 5 seconds?

The other option is, if you think you might be in front of someone alot faster than yourself in the queue to start your outlap, make it known that you are going to allow them in front (talk over the mic, or make sure you go to the back of the line).

Nice racing everyone, I had a GREAT battle with Nepcon near the end of the race. Most of the passes near the back of the field were just from people falling off of the road (myself included), but there were still some battles going on. To be honest, there should have been no qualifying section of the race (with the PQR layout) as people were only given one lap. With players botching up their first lap (myself included), it would be great for everyone (I got lucky and had time for a second lap) to get a second lap.

Post signature: The formation lap was more of a hot lap rather than a formation lap. Great job PASM to keep the grid nice and compact. I'm surprised to see that there wasn't a massive pileup in the first corner, so great job on that front!

PICTURES OF THE RACE WILL BE UPLOADED SOON! (Later today!)

Last edited:
Yes, it's the passing car's responsibility to make a clean pass, but there so many possibilities available depending on where on the track and the speed and position differentials, that a few instances are specifically called out in the OLR where it could actually be the attackee's fault (like moving to block a pass, for instance).

We ask that you look at the replay and determine whether you think a rule was broken. Then contact the driver and see if he agrees or not. Depending on how that interaction goes you can then report it to the stewards. In some cases, the driver might be nice enough to apologize, and that might make you feel like you don't need to take it to the stewards, with a lesson being learned by both drivers.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? :P

Yup the replay clearly shows that I got spun but it was not material for other than personal discussion...and it was a break in speed that caused a delta that the following driver could not react to....and with hindsight he had to drive off because i had him pinned to the wall...so when I finally found reverse he thought that was enough of a delay and he took off...since I probably would have done the same thing...all is well...lessons learned..the hard way. The better lesson was driving while being pissed is a bad idea. Hit your marks and get over it..the rest will take care of itself.

GTP_AspecBob has the NA room open now:

1472-6399-9009-5385-1810

only 13 confirmed so should be a fun race.

When we start the Race Together qualifier, we're all going to slow down and stop ASAP with care to not bumping each other.

When all are stopped the first guy will take off. 2nd guy counts to 8 or 10 and goes, and so on. We will set the quali timer to 11 or 12 minutes so everyone can get an outlap and 2 hotlaps.

@Gravitron Practice starts at 7pm or the race itself starts at 7pm?

Jerome

Just to clarify (may be off topic), are we allowed to race this race again (on our own with others), providing we give credit to the WRS for making this race?

Just to clarify (may be off topic), are we allowed to race this race again (on our own with others), providing we give credit to the WRS for making this race?
Sure that sounds fine. You could even invite us. ;) Or invite them to join WRS. 💡

Disconnected out of nowhere. I was having a pretty good race too. I know Jfro was right behind me, so sorry if I screwed anything up for you or anybody else. Sometimes I hate this game

Great racing with Vipond! I've never battled with someone for that long in one race.

Also I'd like the stewards to investigate an incident. The incident took place on lap 19 right after the end of sector 1. I believe that PD for some reason decided to create a glitch in the matrix and screw my race. In fact, anyone that has the NA replay saved, please go to lap 19 and tell me what happened. You may have to put down your drink because you'll be laughing for a good 10 minutes. :lol:

That was a very fun race, had a prolonged battle with @Strop and @Jump_Ace . Lots of fun you 2, and congrats to Drew, @Bleached on the win.

Indeed, I had a sloppy qualifier but that was probably the best race I've had online in GT6 (also about my 5th, haha). Apologies again for the tap at the worst possible moment Patrick, I didn't think I'd catch up to you that fast. @Strop, great to see you are as steady as always and didn't forget about tire wear like me :dunce:

Jerome

Great racing with Vipond! I've never battled with someone for that long in one race.

Also I'd like the stewards to investigate an incident. The incident took place on lap 19 right after the end of sector 1. I believe that PD for some reason decided to create a glitch in the matrix and screw my race. In fact, anyone that has the NA replay saved, please go to lap 19 and tell me what happened. You may have to put down your drink because you'll be laughing for a good 10 minutes. :lol:

On my replay you went from about 80mph forwards to 100mph in reverse. You'll have to teach me that trick! Otherwise great racing with you, I think it would have been very close at the finish if it were not for whatever happened there on lap 19 👍

Yeah I just watched that. :lol: Probably just karma for going outside the boundaries at the end of T1. :mischievous:

Nice race last night I liked the circuit my pace was ok but to many mistakes :banghead:

Now I can throw myself on the time trail of this week :gtpflag:

Well...two for two in the weeds. After managing to be a couple of rows further back on the grid following a horrific qualifying which saw me in the weeds on my out lap and my second lap, then in the race I proceeded to get tapped into the weeds by Rodrigo who motored off while I bounced over and through said weeds. Mumbling bad things my mood improved as I came upon Rodrigo waiting by the side of the road....I passed and then he passed and I passed and he applied pressure for lap after lap until he fell off. It was intense and fun. He apologized, I accepted...racing incident. We'll have more good races.

There is a bit of a glitch on the mass take spacing qualification. The guys in the back are losing more than a minute of the qualifying time...by the time you get to the last 4or so out of 16 the time taken away from them is 84 seconds or a much as 105 which means they only get one lap at ascari. Luckily I did a ho hum 22.XX so I was 8th or 9ninth...right where I belonged...but at least one guy behind me was a DIV 3 or 2 who had screwed up his lap and it showed as he bulled his way through us mere mortals. I like the same procedure with split groups of no more than 8. This was not a problem before because we had 10 or 11 cars to deal with...or we had two rooms.

See Y'all (I'm trying to be a southruner here in Tennesse) later at NA

To clarify about this I was the last to go in the EU qually and my countdown clock was at 5:50 left when I drove of.

Disconnected out of nowhere. I was having a pretty good race too. I know Jfro was right behind me, so sorry if I screwed anything up for you or anybody else. Sometimes I hate this game

No problem here I was a few lengths back and your car veered straight off course. Also sorry to whomever it was I dove under in the grass on the right hander after the long straight. I wasn't expecting you to brake where you did and had a good draft and didn't want to take you out.

Back