GTP WRS-Online Event 10 : A Scary Rx - April 2, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 98 comments
Well...two for two in the weeds. After managing to be a couple of rows further back on the grid following a horrific qualifying which saw me in the weeds on my out lap and my second lap, then in the race I proceeded to get tapped into the weeds by Rodrigo who motored off while I bounced over and through said weeds. Mumbling bad things my mood improved as I came upon Rodrigo waiting by the side of the road....I passed and then he passed and I passed and he applied pressure for lap after lap until he fell off. It was intense and fun. He apologized, I accepted...racing incident. We'll have more good races.

Sorry again, Nail. I was trying to be extra cautious on the first laps cause my two hot laps on qualy were bugged and became one at 5'27.700, so I was last and had no idea if I was faster than cars in front or not.

In that long left hander before the last left kink I caught you, but knew it was not possible to pass there. I had a different line and braked early to be safe, but missjudged it. So unfortunate, a very light contact can mess a race like that.

I stopped right there and horned to you, but it appeared to me as your car was stuck for too long there, as if you had given up the race, so I took off. After a few corners I saw you coming in the map and waited. It was a nice battle after that, as you said. Glad you understand.

Indeed, I had a sloppy qualifier but that was probably the best race I've had online in GT6 (also about my 5th, haha). Apologies again for the tap at the worst possible moment Patrick, I didn't think I'd catch up to you that fast. @Strop, great to see you are as steady as always and didn't forget about tire wear like me :dunce:

Jerome

One of the most exciting I've done. I could see that the two of you were lapping faster than I was so I figured my best bet was to try and not make any mistakes. A few times there I thought you had caught me then somehow I pulled away again. At one point late in the race you and Patrick must have connected because you fell back and gave me a decent gap, but then I fluffed the first right hander in T2 and went into the grass and gave it all back.

When you finally broke free and caught me I was trying to be as wide as possible and throw up dust every possible opportunity but to no avail and it came down to following you to the line hoping for some opportunity to get around but not to be. Very happy with fourth though, I think that's my highest position yet racing with the lead group. I'm slowly getting better online and thankfully a long way from GT4 days where I'd finish almost every race a distant last.

I swear I felt something through the wheel when RedPartyhat did his 100mph in reverse trick, I heard him react and I was trying to see who hit me :-) Definitely one of the funniest glitches I've seen.

Congrats to Ghost and Vipond for the wins! :cheers:

👍 Bart & Friday and Red & Jerome on your podiums. 👍

gt6-event10-eu-results-png.136399

gt6-event10-na-results-png.136398

gt6-event10-merged-results-png.136397

And for the first (of many) win for Ghost:

Missing the NA race was a downer, I'm going to setup 1 or 2 Attack races for this weekend. :)

I didn't keep count of how many mistakes I made during this race... the funniest one was when I went wide coming out of the last turn before the hairpin in T2 and came to a complete sudden stop against the fence there. Our group of 4 or 5 or 6 racers at the back was playing Russian roulette, we were passing each other because of mistakes we made, the final order could have been anything... although Al and jfro proved more consistent in the end, it seems.

RPH, from the end of your video, it looks like that glitch happened because PD were busy rebuilding the track...

Wow...just, wow :confused:

I'm glad he kept 2nd place still tho, great driving otherwise RPH.

@Gravitron one suggestion, can we use the full qualifier time to set laps next time? I had two sloppy laps and got stuck in 5th otherwise I would've been battling for the lead. I did good in practice when it doesn't count :lol:

Jerome

I'm glad he kept 2nd place still tho, great driving otherwise RPH.

@Gravitron one suggestion, can we use the full qualifier time to set laps next time? I had two sloppy laps and got stuck in 5th otherwise I would've been battling for the lead. I did good in practice when it doesn't count :lol:

Jerome
The problem with this is that the guys up front have more time to set laps than the guys at the rear of the waiting line. We tried to pick a time that would allow everyone our traditional 1 outlap, 2 hotlaps.

Don't worry though, in Saturday Attack races we bump the quali period up to 15min and let you use all of that. ;)

^ Ah okay, makes sense, I figured there was a reason.

Jerome

Back