GTP WRS-Online : Event 100 : Nordschleife Dream Combo - Aug 7

Not going to make practice i'm afraid. :(

Im not 100% on whether I'm gunna be streaming this one just yet. Still some stuff to figure out :D More likely the team event.

just nice you're back racing. let's see if I can achieve my goal of beating you tomorrow on the ring the track I know best in gt5. :D

Not going to make practice i'm afraid. :(

just nice you're back racing. let's see if I can achieve my goal of beating you tomorrow on the ring the track I know best in gt5. :D

Haha, you probably will. This is one of my favourite tracks but I've not raced here for a good while so its been slow progress. Just hoping to stay on track for the hour ;)

Mika, if you beat oink and oink beats me everyone will be happy and goals will be met.... oh wait! :mad:

Mika, if you beat oink and oink beats me everyone will be happy and goals will be met.... oh wait! :mad:

Haha! You must have goals of your own. Or do you like to keep them to yourself rather?

I don't really have any "person" I aim to "beat one day". My goal in any online race is to win to be honest, although that's not always realistic.

Beating Mohit is always satisfying, but it's already happened many times as has the opposite so it's not quite the same. :lol:

I put a scare into Twissy a couple times... Once long ago at Monza and once not too long ago at Indy Road. Actually, bringing one of those home would be very satisfying. Twissy never showed up unprepared so beating him is very tough.

I had PASM out paced (or at least equally paced with track position) a couple times in the Greatest Hits, mostly due to the fact I had way more preparation for the races, but I blew both races from the lead with stupid mistakes. I'd like to at least put some fear into PASM a few times over the remainder of the year... if he prepares properly and doesn't make a mistake it's a lost cause for me trying to beat him though. A good draft and a fairly easy car to drive is my best hope. :sly:

PS> I plan to be in the main lounge around 10:00 PM Pacific for some practice... maybe a tad bit earlier depending on Team USA for the World Cup. Will post here.

In for EU. There's a very remote chance I could actually make NA tomorrow, but pretty unlikely.

The other interesting thing about the ghost-race deal is that you never get the false impression of being faster than the guy you're following just because of GT5's unrealistic draft; I've actually seen lobbies run that way, and it was an interesting experience - passing certainly isn't realistic, but with no draft, it's all about the exits... and mistakes (and I'm sure I'll make quite a few in both formats).

Sorry guys, right when we switched to Nurb, I had some things at home pop up, and I just left it on Watch Race and commented from time to time.

Going to run some practice laps with Lefty now.

EDIT: Out now.

Last edited:
Computer's totally busted for whatever reason so definately won't be able to stream this event. Hopefully should have things up and running by next week, but it seems likely I won't be able to stream the team event sadly.

PS. I'm now out from the NA race today, got work very early tomorrow.

Me and daniel are doing some practice in the main lounge at the moment although I will be afk in a bit i'll be back after that in about an hour.

We definitely need a couple additional "willing souls" to participate in the NA race to get enough numbers to make it official. If we don't get enough for an official race I'm not running it for fun. I'll spend the time with my kids instead and then come back online later after they get to sleep.

We definitely need a couple additional "willing souls" to participate in the NA race to get enough numbers to make it official. If we don't get enough for an official race I'm not running it for fun. I'll spend the time with my kids instead and then come back online later after they get to sleep.

Really wish I could race both races, but I'll be getting my wisdom teeth and wouldn't want to try tackling the ring while I'm still on medication

If I have the time and I might swing by for the NA race but w/ my schedule these days I generally don't know when I get off work mid week. My times really make me scratch my head as to how I could be so slow but it doesn't matter to me since this is my only hobby lately. GL all 👍

I can't attend the NA race, but I might hop in for EU race if I had the chance.. i'm still not sure yet.

This may seem a bit odd, but what about moving the NA race, just this week to 8:00 PM Pacific... That should allow Lucas to get home in time. Will allow Lefty a better chance to make it...

It would have to be unanimous, between confirmed/reserve drivers below to make a move last minute, one veto and it stays at the original time... it's better than a cancellation. What say you:

• GTP_gooners_17
  • GTP_WRP001 - Yes to a move to 8:00 PM Pacific if we don't get 6 confirmed soon
  • GTP_Allibubba99
  • GTP_AspecBob
  • GTP_Gravitron
  • GTP_gman1647

As far as those not signed up that might want to make it... you didn't sign up so you don't get a veto, but let us know if a move would change your mind.

But if this doesn't get both Lefty and Lucas safely in / closer to the "confirmed" territory it's not worth the move.

Moving it to an hour later would change me from ~60% to 99%. :) Gotta leave that 1% for those special circumstances, like when your kid calls you and tells you he crashed his sister's car. :lol:

This may seem a bit odd, but what about moving the NA race, just this week to 8:00 PM Pacific... That should allow Lucas to get home in time. Will allow Lefty a better chance to make it...

It would have to be unanimous, between confirmed/reserve drivers below to make a move last minute, one veto and it stays at the original time... it's better than a cancellation. What say you:

• GTP_gooners_17 - Yes
  • GTP_WRP001 - Yes to a move to 8:00 PM Pacific if we don't get 6 confirmed soon
  • GTP_Allibubba99
  • GTP_AspecBob
  • GTP_Gravitron
  • GTP_gman1647

As far as those not signed up that might want to make it... you didn't sign up so you don't get a veto, but let us know if a move would change your mind.

But if this doesn't get both Lefty and Lucas safely in / closer to the "confirmed" territory it's not worth the move.

• GTP_gooners_17 - Yes
  • GTP_Allibubba99 - Yes
  • GTP_AspecBob
  • GTP_Gravitron - Yes, would change me from ~60% to 99%
  • GTP_gman1647

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heading into the lounge to begin early practice.

Edit: Ok, I've set the lounge up for the race so feel free to come on in.

Just post whoring to reach 1200 posts.

Kidding, I'll be in after my pre race coffee and energy snack (banana).

If you move NA event 1hr later i might join (it's 6:00 am here in Finland).

man, been so distracted by GT-Academy (just mailed my paperwork!) I didn't notice a WRS on the ring :(

Missed the TT but I can race this car cold here so I'll sign up for the NA race. :D

p.s. any time > 6PM EDT is fine by me.

Big 👍👍's for making the cut, Doc. :cheers: Will be good to have you there tonight.

What would you guys guess the NA finish time would be? If it's like 11EDT I'm in.

Races last roughly an hour, factor in the quali and a bit of warmup, and your looking at around hour and a half to 2 hours long races. If that helps your calculations at all ;)

What would you guys guess the NA finish time would be? If it's like 11EDT I'm in.

If we start at the original time... quali will start at 10 EDT and last ~ 10 minutes. Then a 7 lap race will last about 55 minutes. Add the usually time for room refresh after quali, etc. and it'll end by 11:15 PM EDT, give or take 5 minutes. We don't start late typically and we don't wait for late comers... only thing that delays us is PSN problems... which aren't actually that common.

If we move it back to 8 PM then add an hour...

We haven't heard from Daniel (AspecBob) on the move and he's on EDT so my guess is he may have a conflict with the later time and we should just stick to 7 PM.

If both carracer and DrWatson can make it at 7 PM Pacific / 10 PM Eastern then we have a quorum and I suggest we'll drop the move and keep the original time...

What say you Tim and Travis?

Races last roughly an hour, factor in the quali and a bit of warmup, and your looking at around hour and a half to 2 hours long races. If that helps your calculations at all ;)

Yep, that is a bit late for me. Never mind, good luck all.
EDIT:
If we start at the original time... quali will start at 10 EDT and last ~ 10 minutes. Then a 7 lap race will last about 55 minutes. Add the usually time for room refresh after quali, etc. and it'll end by 11:15 PM EDT, give or take 5 minutes.

If we move it back to 8 PM then add an hour...

We haven't heard from Daniel (AspecBob) on the move and he's on EDT so my guess is he may have a conflict with the later time and we should just stick to 7 PM.

If both carracer and DrWatson can make it at 7 PM Pacific / 10 PM Eastern then we have a quorum and I suggest we'll drop the move and keep the original time...

What say you Tim and Travis?

I could make 11:15~ but it's a little close (I like to relax with the TV after 11). So I'm out.

If the race is delayed one hour, I will not participate, but don't consider this a veto. If the delay ensures that the race will be made official, then go ahead.

It won't last until 11:30 for sure, but it won't be done by 11:00 either...

Ok, so since you are out we'll wait for Daniel on his input on the move to 8:00 PM.

RACE IS STAYING AT ORIGINAL TIME

Back