GTP WRS-Online : Event 100 : Nordschleife Dream Combo - Aug 7

Majorly bummed, currently (wheel still won't recalibrate properly). Have fun, guys.

DC'ed from the EU race :(
That means i'll join NA race.

Edit: I just did registered. Now to get some sleep....

Grats Mohit and Snow! Good race!

Had a good start to the race, I thought if I could keep the gap below 3 seconds I would be ok... then made the mistake of pitting on lap 2.. instead of the planned lap 3. Then made a few mistakes on cold tires which put me way back. Managed to catch up with the pack at the end of lap 3, and got past Noize quickly ( sorry for the little bump and thanks for moving over soon after, you didn't have to 👍 ) By this point I had two options, pit again at some point and have to overtake people to get back up or just hope and pray the tires would last 5 laps. Was looking ok until halfway through lap 6... was kind of kidding myself that Mohit + Snow were going 3+3+1 which would possibly have still put me in the hunt.. but when lap 7 came I knew I was in for it. The last lap was one of the most intense laps I've ever done! I could feel myself getting slower and slower, running wider and wider, and it didn't help that Oink was catching quickly! But luckily right before the long straight Oink ran wide which allowed me to cruise to the finish line!

As per usual Mr Inconsistent showed up for me, nonetheless it was a great race, well done everyone :)

Terrible race for me... Decent qualifying and was right where I wanted to be... but not for long... Went over that jump and couldn't brake in time and couldn't safely re-enter track with traffic so close... so by 3 turns I was in last... Then took a few positions due to other's mistakes only to give it all back and end up way behind the field... only cars behind me ended up DC'ing on lap 2 so never really got in any battles. Only one lap without a major crash in it... Hoping for better tonight. Well at least the quali lap was what I'd hope it would be... goal of 7:11 and ran 7:11.711 :lol:

Race lasted about 52 minutes (for the last guy to finish, me)... and quali went quickly. I expect we'll be done tonight by 11:05 PM EST if we don't have to wait for anyone to fix their wheel. :sly:

Probably my favorite track in the game, and my first race back in WRS after my break, and it was a great race. Battles with many people, a good quali, and barely an off until my last lap on old tyres. Shame I couldn't quite catch Caine for a podium but nonetheless, a great race, thanks all, and hope NA race is as good (or better for those guys who DC'd or whatnot).

Here are the EU results for the big Week 100! :gtpflag:

vwqeq77.png

Congrats to Mohit for the win, and Bernie and Tim for the podiums.

If we start at the original time... quali will start at 10 EDT and last ~ 10 minutes. Then a 7 lap race will last about 55 minutes. Add the usually time for room refresh after quali, etc. and it'll end by 11:15 PM EDT, give or take 5 minutes. We don't start late typically and we don't wait for late comers... only thing that delays us is PSN problems... which aren't actually that common.

If we move it back to 8 PM then add an hour...

We haven't heard from Daniel (AspecBob) on the move and he's on EDT so my guess is he may have a conflict with the later time and we should just stick to 7 PM.

If both carracer and DrWatson can make it at 7 PM Pacific / 10 PM Eastern then we have a quorum and I suggest we'll drop the move and keep the original time...

What say you Tim and Travis?

An hour either way isn't really a big deal for me

n/m read the update... see you @ 10.

Last edited:
After a horrible qualifying lap with 2 big mistakes put me in 6th, got a good start up to 5th, then got handed 2 more spots on lap 1 to end up behind Mohit and Caine. Mohit was already ahead 6 seconds or so, but Caine showed great speed and seemed to catch up to him, only to head into the pits - mistakingly as we now know - after lap 2.

Because of the qualifying I had contemplated a 2-stopper in case I would be stuck behind other cars, but that went quickly overboard as I had a clear road ahead. I was able to keep the distance to Mohit at about 7 seconds when we both pitted after lap 3. When I got out both Caine and Noize flashed past me on the inside of turn 1. Just 1 second would have put me in front of them, but no such luck. I took it easy the first couple of corners on cold tyres and then cought up with Noize who had just been passed by Caine, and I nudged him slightly too (sorry for that!). On new tyres I managed to squeeze by a moment later though. Caine had an off a little later so I was back in 2nd, but now with a 13 second gap to Mohit. Since I didn't plan to pit anymore, I was reasonably sure that P2 would be safe, if I didn't do anything stupid.

It stayed more or less the same thereafter, I hit the barrier once, but only lost 1.5 seconds due to that, and Mohit also seems to have gone wrong somewhere, because the gap shrunk to 9 seconds from one sector to the next towards the end of the race. The tyres were actually holding up pretty well on the 4th lap. I was a bit more careful, but managed a 7:11 on my last lap. Compared to the 7:06's I did on laps 2/3 of the stint, that meant that the 1-stop strategy was clearly the way to go.

Except for the qualifying, I'm pretty happy with this one. 👍 Good win, Mohit! You clearly had better speed (not only) today!

An hour either way isn't really a big deal for me

We are starting at the original time 100%: 10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific

EDIT: n/m, saw you saw the update. :lol:

All drivers should take special note of this clause of the OLR which comes into play often in this track:

15: Re-entering to the track after running off:

A:
It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

B:
An off track incident includes:

• Being stuck or pinned to a wall or railing.
  • More than two tires leaving the track at any one time
  • Any situation where the car may lose control and create cross traffic

C:
Do not reverse back onto the track unless it is necessary. If you are backing up away from a wall first look around you to avoid a collision and as the collision would be your fault.

D:
Re-enter the track parallel to the road, slowly and gently, and always with great care. This gives you the best opportunity to see what’s coming up the track behind you, and it also gives drivers coming up on you the best chance to orientate themselves to your situation.

Please don't dive back on track right in front of traffic and defend your position (block) after having 4 wheels completely off by a large margin... your tires will be junk and you will just cause an incident. If you do this and end up getting punted, don't expect the other driver to wait... it was an unsafe return and a block which isn't allowed and thus not the other drivers fault.

Come back on the track "slowly and gently" per the OLR... Sure, someone may get by while your tires get scrubbed of grass... but it was your mistake, you pay for it.

There are times when you lose control and get slung back on track and there isn't much you can do... that's a racing incident we try to avoid, but sometimes crashes happen.

Wish I was able to make the race. The NA race has gone from a possible un-official race being as populated as the EU! Hope it's a great race guys! 👍

Wish I was able to make the race. The NA race has gone from a possible un-official race being as populated as the EU! Hope it's a great race guys! 👍

Not to mention another perfect opportunity to beat me when I'm down. :lol:

Here's a video of the "Ghost Quali Race" we used today in the EU race. It was intense!

PS> The lounge is open already for practice (very early), but I may be AFK if you arrive... should be back about 30 mins prior to the race.

Last edited:
I am going to be cutting it close tonight. I will be in the lounge but AFK.

Al

Catching a bite to eat before I get my lunch given to me :lol: I'm going to show up and see if I can not get last :)

Here are the NA results, congratz mohit!

event100_res_na.png

And the combined... now that's consistency!!

event100_res_combined.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video of the "Ghost Quali Race" we used today in the EU race. It was intense!

PS> The lounge is open already for practice (very early), but I may be AFK if you arrive... should be back about 30 mins prior to the race.

started watching it and was like, hey! That's me! :D It was intense, me and Mohit had harmonious gear changes its lots of places, the first couple of sectors there was nothing to choose between us, ran wide twice towards the end and that was that! Great fun though

Fun Racing guys.

Nicely done Travis with the no-practice-underpowered car 👍
and GJ JTV running at the front. :)

Ghost quali freaked me out at the beginning and took some getting used to for sure. :lol:
After that I got green hell'd in a pretty common fashion... Drifted sideways through Brunchen Kurve and took a 20s inspection of the armco since I almost saved it I just ended up nosed into the wall and needed to reverse and pull out while leaving room for anyone to get by... nice and stressful.

Then I made the common mistake of driving too hard to try and catch up and just made lots of mistakes... overcooked the braking for bergwerk twice so I did some lawn inspection... little slides here and there from pushing to hard... the usual stuff. But at least I got to have some fun racing with Grav and EDK. 👍

Speaking of which, my only *crash* was rather hilarious. On 6 I was pushing real hard on the good tires trying to at least get a nice low 7m lap on the board but I must have gotten some grass with a rear wheel or something in Adenaur Forst... lost the car completely and ended up examining some more armco on the left. Then as I'm about to turn around and head back to the road I see a blue car just show up and park next to me. :lol: Gravitron apparently did an identical eff up. I've never gone from anger to giggles so quickly. 👍

GR guys, serious last-minute-fun. :)

Good race all, I sent a car from my carracerptp account thinking it was broken in. But it only had a few miles on it. I still can't figure out how or why I had the power limiter at 95%.
I really wish I had at least 100% power limiter. I ended up pushing too hard trying to make up for it under braking and mid-corner. And I put WAY too much gas in on the pit stop. lost 5+ seconds.

Still had fun battling WRP for 3rd :)

Congrats again, Mohit on the double win. 👍 I was glad to hear Jon was able to make you sweat in the NA race. :lol: Nice race, Jon. 👍

That was great that we found enough people to make this a lively race.
[Was about to write-up the twin Armco inspection story, thanks for that Doc :lol:]
Was great fun battling with Doc and Kev for a good amount of time. :)
Definitely sweaty and bruised by the end. :crazy:

Well enough of this slidey beast, time to go ZR1 RM full-time now. :cheers:

Last edited:
Yes, great fun, but I could make a 3 minute blooper film from my two races. I think between the two I had damage to my car 7 times. :lol: the car at times would just go through short periods of nasty. I ran a pretty good final lap of 7'11 on low tires (4th lap of stint), but the lap prior the car was just evil...

Adding even 1 liter of fuel cost you time. I told you guys we didnt need any right before the race! :lol: I'm glad car added it though because it provided 2+ laps of stress and fun before i finally caved in on lap 6.

My favorite part was the ghost quali races!

The deadline is looming and there are many drivers/teams to qualify teams need to check in and give us their quali schedule (it just has to be approximate at this point):

Teams:
[*]PURE North America - Friday Aug 9 @ 6:30 PM Eastern
[*]PURE Sweden
[*]Team Aussie
[*]Team Belgium
[*]Team Canada - Wednesday Aug 7 @ 9:00 PM Pacific [Complete]
[*]Team GB
[*]Team Nederland
[*]Team Nordic
[*]Team Oranje
[*]Team UK
[*]Team USA Red - Thursday, Aug 8 @ ~ 9:00 PM Pacific
[*]Team USA White - Thursday, Aug 8 @ ~ 7:00 PM Pacific

Individuals:
[*]GTP_TamHablo
[*]GTP_Mamba
[*]GTP_n0ize

Please quote this thread and update us on your teams approximate qualification time. If you don't know, it's time to find out. If you are on a team, but qualifying solo please add yourself to that section.

Wrong thread Tim

Latest Posts

Back