Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Eiger Nordwand Reverse
  • Car: Mazda RX-7 Spirit Type A (FD) '02 (from Recommended Garage)
  • Tires: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: R/A functions only
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live 3-Lap Pre-Race Group Qualifying
  • Timing: Begins at event start time after track reset and just before the race
  • Duration: 15 minutes (three hot laps per driver)
  • Groups: Two Groups (Groups assigned by handicap which is the order shown in the driver table, fastest drivers go in 2nd group)
  • Details: Qualifying Instructions (from Split Window Splits Event)

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 35
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: None (off for both qualifying and race modes)
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pit Stops: One required pit stop. Pits are closed for the first and last 5 laps of the race, but you can pit at any other time.

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above (from Recommended Garage)
  • Performance Points: NA
  • Power: 276 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1270 kg (Stock)
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1-800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field over 12 drivers we will split the grid into two fields staggered by handicap.

event19_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing with subject line "3D3 Racing".
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing".
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 24 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting only "cancel" as your time slot.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

EigerNordwandShortTrack_3-800.jpg

Last edited:
Registering for both. Have had a few races on NA and EU servers with little lag, but there are many I can't connect with. If I can connect and there is too much lag I will drop out.

Glad to have you join, jtv. 👍 I think I can see that you filled out the once-only Driver Registration form, but until the expert (Tim) gets home from his trip and confirms it, you won't show up on the Registration pics. He's supposed to be getting back home sometime today.

Also feel free to join one of the Official Practice Sessions (listed above), which will probably help you work out any connection issues that you might have. I always make sure my PS3 is on a DMZ setup on my router before starting up GT5 for online racing, for example.

Gravitron
Glad to have you join, jtv. 👍 I think I can see that you filled out the once-only Driver Registration form, but until the expert (Tim) gets home from his trip and confirms it, you won't show up on the Registration pics. He's supposed to be getting back home sometime today.

Also feel free to join one of the Official Practice Sessions (listed above), which will probably help you work out any connection issues that you might have. I always make sure my PS3 is on a DMZ setup on my router before starting up GT5 for online racing, for example.

Supposed to get home. Plane is now grounded with iced engine that won't work. Yikes... May not get back today.

Just sign up as normal and your entries will be remembered even if not shown in table.

OK, jtv has been added to the 3D3 Registry, I'll keep an eye on the images above to make sure they auto-update with his info. Thanks Tim!

So do we want to split the grid once we reach 13 drivers? Seems like with the testing done so far the bug pretty much limits us to 12. Grids of 7/6 are pretty small, but better two small grids than one big laggy one.

Regardless: In the event that there are 16 or less registered we'll all just meet up in the primary lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) and split out just before qualifying if necessary. If more than 16 register we'll have to make a more solid plan up front.

All things considered, we probably need to split if we hit 12+ drivers.
There's online maintenance this week (Moday?? - slips my mind ATM), so if [IF] that brings about any changes to online play, we can always re-consider larger grids.

All things considered, we probably need to split if we hit 12+ drivers.
There's online maintenance this week (Moday?? - slips my mind ATM), so if [IF] that brings about any changes to online play, we can always re-consider larger grids.

I think that's prudent... I'll adjust the registration post to read 12 drivers instead of 14 to invoke the split. Note that this week we are going to split up with a stagger instead of D1-2 / D3-5.

PS> Since when is Eiger in Canada?

I think that's prudent... I'll adjust the registration post to read 12 drivers instead of 14 to invoke the split. Note that this week we are going to split up with a stagger instead of D1-2 / D3-5.

PS> Since when is Eiger in Canada?

Oh, aboot 48 hrs now :lol:
I left the Finnish flag in so Pekka will go easy on me in the race. 💡

Don't know if I'll be racing this week, but I suggest you split the drivers considering what we saw in the test session. If we're losing around 4 seconds in a pack at full speed around Indy, I'd hate to know how many seconds are lost on a track with several corners :scared: Even with the maintenance, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving in a full grid until the effects of that maintenance are fully tested.

EDIT: Just noticed the pics. Don't think I've ever seen a bigger advertisement for Canadian flags before.. :D

Last edited:
Nice job on the Pics. I like the plane flying the 3D3 banner. Is that plane in the replay, or did you add it?

Don't know if I'll be racing this week, but I suggest you split the drivers considering what we saw in the test session. If we're losing around 4 seconds in a pack at full speed around Indy, I'd hate to know how many seconds are lost on a track with several corners :scared: Even with the maintenance, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving in a full grid until the effects of that maintenance are fully tested.

EDIT: Just noticed the pics. Don't think I've ever seen a bigger advertisement for Canadian flags before.. :D

We have it covered and we haven't run a grid over 12 since the bug surfaced in our event. We've also turned off visible damage.

In the event of a field over 12 drivers we will split the grid into two fields staggered by handicap.

EDK
Nice job on the Pics. I like the plane flying the 3D3 banner. Is that plane in the replay, or did you add it?

👍 Thanks Kevin.
You mean 3D3 -1, being piloted by the Stig's Bavarian (and WWI War Plane enthusiast) cousin?
Bi-planebanner-Stigpilot-800.jpg

100% 3D3 original :D

A few announcements concerning the races:

Race Length:

A single 35 lap race with a target time of 45 minutes.

Pits:

A single pit stop is mandated. Pit lane will be closed for the first and last 5 laps of the race, but you can pit any other time. i.e. You can pit anytime after you pass the start line to begin your 5th race lap and you must pit before you pass the start line to begin your 31st lap.

Qualifying:

Given the small and tricky track we will be using group qualifying. The groups will be determined by division/handicap with fastest drivers going in 2nd group. The goal will be to provide enough time for each group to complete an out-lap and 3 hot laps. With proper spacing and maxing out at 6 driver per group that should take no more than 6-7 minutes per group or 15 minutes total. The first group will start qualifying promptly at the top of the hour after the track is reset.

The BUG:

We are limiting grid size to 12. We are turning off visible damage. However, we are leaving on the mics. Make the best of what you've got, enjoy the races and don't dwell on stuff we can't control.

Damn, have to go to the pit this time... :P

Last edited:
Where is the pit on this track ? :dunce:

On the right hand side after the wooden bridge and T2 split. The exit is all the way at the top of the hill on the right. Yes, it's a very long pitlane.

Edit: Wes is faster, again.

Btw, yellow painted dashed lines mark the entrance.

I can't find the practice room. I am searching Eiger Nordwand all regions including full rooms.

I can't find the practice room. I am searching Eiger Nordwand all regions including full rooms.

It's not in a public lounge. You need to go to community and then find GTP_3D3Racing (which needs to be on your PSN friends list). Once you click GTP_3D3Racing then click on the lounge coffee cup icon. When you click you'll get a list of people in the lounge and can click "join" to join the room. Since this is an arcade mode WRS week we use the standard garage and a car will be provided for you when you enter the lounge. Just make sure you have the correct tires (sports hard) and other driving options.

I've got the lounge all set up, but if you are not on the friends list you won't be able to join the room. I'm going to be away for a few hours so I'll just leave the lounge set up and all our welcome to practice.

Last edited:

jtv is in the lounge. I ran a few laps, but have to be away for a while for dinner and family duties. Come by the lounge if you want to run a few laps.

Update hit already, so if it goes on a bit late, I may just run extra time tomorrow in the EU practice.

Back