GTP WRS-Online : Event 19 : Rotary Madness - Jan 18

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 120 comments
Here are the results.

event19_res_eu.png

We'll have to take careful note of the procedures tonight... it's also possible the the update messed up the quali order again. I know it used to have issues at times before the last few updates. At this track it's nearly impossible to pass and it was follow the leader for a while, but then with mistakes and pits things opened up. I made at least 3 mistakes.

Early on I slid wide into Don trying to pass inside on the hairpin after the tunnel and he went into the fence. I slowed down to last place and let him get by... sorry about that. Thought for sure I had a clean pass but the car just wouldn't grip and kept drifting.

Sorry if I hit you Mike, I couldn't see you.
Congrats jtv for the win.👍

I didn't enjoy the race because of well.. do I need to say..? :lol:
I keep coming back to it though. 3D3 has given me the best online experience I've ever had.. Wish this would be all sorted.:(

Sorry if I hit you Mike, I couldn't see you.
Congrats jtv for the win.👍

I didn't enjoy the race because of well.. do I need to say..? :lol:
I keep coming back to it though. 3D3 has given me the best online experience I've ever had.. Wish this would be all sorted.:(

I feel your wheel pain. My brake is "floppy" which is not the best situation on this particular combo where minor brake adjustments can be helpful in those hairpins.

On the good side there seemed to be no significant instance of "the bug" today. People's race mode lap times generally correlated to their quali times and in most cases the races laps were faster.

Couldn't see you either Wes, or Pekka.

Lap 13 or so, sorry for running up the side of you Speedy at the bridge hairpin, my controller doesn't always brake when I press the button.

Thanks everybody,it was a great race.
Made some mistakes ,but I believe we all made mistakes so I am rather satisfied with my result.

Also the whole race, people infront and behind me which made it a very intense 35 laps.....pfffftttt.:)

Pure advertisement for GT5 and in particular for the 3D3 race Wednesdays.

Thanks Tim for the hosting. 👍

Till next week.:cool:

Lap 13 or so, sorry for running up the side of you Speedy at the bridge hairpin, my controller doesn't always brake when I press the button.

No problem. :)

A tough race it was. 👍 :gtpflag:

Couldn't see you either Wes, or Pekka.

Heh , I was going to ask about if you used controller / didn't see me as you were driving really aggressive in the race.
I tried to overtake you few times from outside and atleast once inside.
Had overlap but you didn't seem to see me.

I'm glad it was not intentional. :D

EDIT: When you pitted in I finally got past. :sly:

Ok no problm WRP, i didn't enjoy that moment but it was a nice race, hope to see you all next time, thankx for racing !

Have watched some of the replay, bit of a pile up on lap 20 with Speedy getting a poor run into the tunnel wayne and madmax going through. Then max gets the inside for the hairpin and touches the grass on the exit losing the rear end with wayne and speedy having nowhere to go make contact and spin as well. Having sorted themselves out they all race down the straight and into the pits.
Great stuff.

Edit: Wes not Wayne.... where did I get Wayne from :dunce:

Last edited:
Heh , I was going to ask about if you used controller / didn't see me as you were driving really aggressive in the race.
I tried to overtake you few times from outside and atleast once inside.
Had overlap but you didn't seem to see me.

I'm glad it was not intentional. :D

EDIT: When you pitted in I finally got past. :sly:

Ah, sorry about that. You can be sure it's never intentional in those types of situations :)

Hi guys, I just got in, so give me a minute and I'll have the lounge open for the pre-race practice session 👍

Edit: race lounge is open

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I have to cancel. Started a part-time job at 4 am this morning, have to go back in at 4am this(tomorrow) morning, too tired. :snoore:
Good luck out there.👍

Hey Christophe, I know its 4am there :crazy: but are you streaming the NA race?

Thanks in advance if you are 👍

No surprise, I'm amazed he manages to do EU and NA races back to back with only a few hours sleep in between.

Congratulations Tim, good win very fast. Pekka closing fast at the end just drove away from me :)
Thankyou guys for the races today very fun indeed.

Congratulations Tim on you win!

Seems I can't learn from my errors... I must have spun at least 6 times in the very same spot, on re-acceleration at the first hairpin after the bridge. :mad: I would end up with my nose against the barrier every single time :banghead: Never had any problems during the TT...

At least, I had several laps that were faster than my best lap of the EU race.

Congratulations Tim, good win very fast. Pekka closing fast at the end just drove away from me :)
Thankyou guys for the races today very fun indeed.

Congratulations Tim on you win!

Thanks guys! Pekka didn't make it easy for sure... I was watching the splits nervous he'd catch up for 33 laps after I took the lead on lap 2. I figured if he reached my bumper it was all over, but managed to hold him off.

Here are the full results:

event19_res_na.png

Not surprisingly Pekka had the fastest lap, but I'm pretty happy with my fast lap and consistency and a big improvement over the EU race for me. I was terrible on cold tires after the pit stop for 2 laps, but besides that I was able to match Pekka's laps for the most part. On the final 3-4 laps I was driving "not to make a mistake" which isn't always a good mindset, but it worked out.

You know I almost forgot. We had our first winner from Australia today -- GTP_jtv90069 -- so this is absolutely required:

Sorry guys. Sometimes getting up at 3AM is just too early...
Wish I could've been there 'cause I really enjoy these races every single time.

You know I almost forgot. We had our first winner from Australia today -- GTP_jtv90069 -- so this is absolutely required:

Hear! Hear! 👍

Congratulations jvt!!
goodjob.gif

Totally appropriate!! Nice work, Tim! 👍 👍

Congrats jtv and Tim! 👍 Just got my power back on after 10hrs in the dark, if anyone's racing this on Sat, I would probably be up for it.

I'll get this started for the Saturday Race(s).
Races can be started by everyone in the lounge in consultation with the other present racers in the lounge.
The lounge will be opened by myself around 7:30 - 8 PM GMT
Please use GMT time below.
When you're not sure if you converted your timezone correctly, try using this site.

1. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | Division 2 Silver | BE GMT+1 | ~10 PM GMT

{not necessarily limited to 12 drivers so add additional lines as necessary.}

To sign up please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.
Use this format to add your information:
GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | ETA in lobby​

Last edited:
Awww shucks Tim the Aussie Anthem being played for me (Wipes tear from eye :( ) you shouldn't have.
:D:D:D:D Cheers Tim :D:D:D:D

2. jtv90069 | GTP_jtv90069 | Division 3 Silver | ACST GMT +9.5 | 8 PM GMT

To sign up please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

Last edited:
Sorry for missing last night guys, but I know I had already given Tim a heads up that I was iffy due to travel. As it worked out, I could have run upstairs and jumped in the rig right when I got home from a ~2 hour drive home from the airport, but I really did not feel up to driving. In hindsight, I should have at least made a post in here, but it did not occur to me at the time. :guilty:

Congrats to Tim for the win, well done. 👍

2. jtv90069 | GTP_jtv90069 | Division 3 Silver | ACST GMT +9.5 | 8 PM GMT
3. EDK | GTP_EDK | Division 2 Goldr | PST GMT -8 | 10 PM GMT

I had no idea what you wanted done with the last part, so I just put the same as you did, Speedy.

Back