GTP WRS-Online : Event 26 : Classic Revival in Triplicate - Mar 7

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 115 comments
Bad news Dale... The car we use for the race is from te recommended garage.
WRS-TT was in arcade mode, remember. ;)

I've got a day off tomorrow, so in the moderately unlikely case I can wake up in time for practice, I'll check the room's not full and/or bail when it is! (signed up as reserve)

Didn't run the combo at all (knew weekend time would get eaten), so a little worried, there. I definitely _don't_ want to cause hassle with room split.

Got my metallic forest green with gold rims ready to race.

You should post a few pictures of it, Dale, so it won't have been in vain. Marc will have the choice of quickly scrolling past it if he wants to... ;)

GTP_3D3Racing lounge is open for pre-race practice/warm-up

GTP_3D3Racing lounge is open for pre-race practice/warm-up

Changed my status to definate changed colour to racing green a lot of the astro blacks in there. Cya all in a bit

Last edited:
Dangit, why didn't I see this thread earlier?!

Edit: Guess it wouldn't matter, my 1 college class I have every week is tonight anyways.

Here are the unofficial results from the EU sprint races:

event26_res_eu.png

I'm looking into one reported incident, but since I only watched the race there is no ability to fast forward or rewind except back to the beginning. The incident is on lap 13-14 (not sure) so that means 15+ minutes for each look I want to have at it. May need someone to send me a copy of their NTSC replay or maybe Speedy can have a look on his replay with the ability to zoom in within a lap for each view.

There was a lot of contact as we expected given the tight track, slow cars and reverse grid setup, but from the standpoint of an observer it looked like everyone tried to be respectful. I of course didn't see every car and every moment of the race, but that was just my general impression. The first race was of course pretty messed up because of invisible drivers so not sure what to say about that one.

EDIT: I got one quick glimpse of the incident and it did not involve GTP_T-L so the win is official. Congratz on taking the hat trick... not an easy feat around this track.

Last edited:
Tim, the incident was at the start of lap 14, actually. I've had a look myself, and it looks quite different from what it felt like at the time, I thought I had been bumped from behind (which was not the case at all). Still quite gutted, though.

Too bad, it could have been an all Canadian podium :dopey:

Something interesting I've noticed: when you join the track, it seems you are ghosted after all, even though you don't look that way. I went through a couple of cars during practice before the last race.

Last edited:
did the same in practice Some time they are ghost some time they are solid. no way to know before impact :-)

Congratz on taking the hat trick... not an easy feat around this track.

Thank you! It wasn't easy.
Had an awesome time in my first GTP race I will definately be back:)
Thanks again to all the officials, corner marshalls, and of course my sponsors:tup:

This was a nice race, and when i looked back at the replay the few bumps i received were all race accidents as they happen .

One thing though, in the last race i beat GTP_Racingworld just before the finishline with 1/100 th of a second, and when you watch the replay you will see i finished 6th .

In the resultslist in this thread i am listed as 7th in the 3 rd race .

Would be appreciated if this is corected .

Cheers,

Mops

This was a nice race, and when i looked back at the replay the few bumps i received were all race accidents as they happen .

One thing though, in the last race i beat GTP_Racingworld just before the finishline with 1/100 th of a second, and when you watch the replay you will see i finished 6th .

In the resultslist in this thread i am listed as 7th in the 3 rd race .

Would be appreciated if this is corected .

Cheers,

Mops

You do realize when it's that close lag can actually choose a different winner per viewer? Strange, but true and gives new meaning to the term "relativity". We will go with whatever the host replay says and change the result as necessary. Speedy -- check your official replay and let me know.

i did not know about the lag . Just was happy with me passing him just at the end of the race .
Then i saw the results list, and i thought , huh?

Lets see what speedy comes up with .

Here are the official results.

event26_res_eu.png

According to Speedy's replay TuesdayMops came in ahead of RacingWorld by 11 thousandths of a second. What's even stranger is that change puts TuesdayMops in a points tie with JTV. Neither got a win so they are also tie in the first tie breaker. But the 2nd tie breaker decides it in TuesdayMops favor since he had a single 2nd place to JTV's single 3rd place. Go figure.

Simple question here Tim from a simple person. GTP_TR-L scores 38 points for his three wins. 38 / 3 is 12.666 points per races which seems a nice round number :odd: Are there hidden points for fastest lap and/or pole position that aren't immediately clear from your table?

The number of points depended on the number of racers, I think, so 14+12+12=38.

The number of points depended on the number of racers, I think, so 14+12+12=38.

Exactly. Lucas came up with that point scheme for the last flip flops and we just stuck with it. I just added the tie breaker so we wouldn't have another three way tie for first. :lol:

Lounge is open for pre-race practice.

I'm probably out for the |Na race too guys, I don't think I'll make it back in time.
If I'm not in the lobby by 10pm, start without me.
Could be the first time I've missed both events :(

ConRollins
Trying to get in but I don't show GTP_3D3Racing on line!

Doesn't need to be - just go into the lounge (coffee cup). There won't be an indicator, but there will be racers in there. Hurry!

Back