GTP WRS-Online : Event 26 : Classic Revival in Triplicate - Mar 7

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 115 comments
Yah, he keeps disconnecting. router issues maybe? Try clearing the cache... we'll give you a few minutes.

If you can't stay connected we'll give you a few router tips for the next time.

EDIT: We're only 6 in the lounge right now... bunch of no shows and no reserves came to play.

Go ahead guys. I have problems on my end with pedals.

Last edited:
Small turnout, but fun race. Congratz to JTV. He almost got the hat trick.

event26_res_na.png

Glad to be moving on to a race track next week with some runoff around the track!

Wow, looks like I missed a nice intimate evening. Nice job Daniel on your first(?) podium, Al on your Sprint #3 win, Dale for a pretty consistent 4-3-5, and Jon and Tim for the ol' 1-2! 👍

And welcome to Steve. Just know that it took me a couple-three months of doing these races regularly, every week, before I started doing "just OK". Not "good", but just "OK". These guys are fast. :-/

1hr30min in the streamvideo.
mops is right but it's as close as you could get.

Mops is right, he beat me on the line, congratulations. I enjoyed the races very much, had a few racing incidents but managed to keep on track and out of trouble most of the time.... when i watch the replays i was suprised by how many times, people hit the wall.....and still want to pass you.
I know we are all here to have a good time, but do realize that if you would go on track and drive like this, your race carrier would last 1 day.
Racing is not only about being fast, if you drive a good consistant line, it will be a hard job for people behind you to pass, even if you are slower....

Just some thoughts i wanted to share ;)

@ Daniel, congratulation for your podium in the first race, it must feel very good.

Just would like to mention that I would love to participate in the Wednesady NA event, but starting the race at 10H00 PM EST is too late for me. 7H00 PM would be ideal 8H00 good, could manage 9H00. This might help with having more attendance. I understand the rational behind having the race at 10h00 and that it might be best overall. This is just a suggestion, on the other hand, the eastern and central US/Canadian GTP demographic might justify a change.

I know we are all here to have a good time, but do realize that if you would go on track and drive like this, your race carrier would last 1 day.
Racing is not only about being fast, if you drive a good consistant line, it will be a hard job for people behind you to pass, even if you are slower....

Just some thoughts i wanted to share ;)

Glad you are bringing the subject up, I totally agree with your point of view. We should be driving like we have to use that car on Monday morning to go to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
And welcome to Steve. Just know that it took me a couple-three months of doing these races regularly, every week, before I started doing "just OK". Not "good", but just "OK". These guys are fast. :-/

Thanks, Grav. I had a blast, even bringing up the rear. Improving to "just OK" sounds like a realistic goal. :) In the meantime, my main goal is not to be too much of an annoyance on the track.

Stuart, I didn't find you to be an annoyance at all. Had a great time racing with you and hope I didn't bang you around too much! Good luck next week, there will be alot more room to race.

Al

Had a lot of fun with the races today.
T-L was very impressive with his 3 wins with 2 of them from 12th on the grid. Congrats on the win :D Also congrats to Speedy and Gooners for their overall podiums.

I had a much better run in the NA race with the smaller field and starting on pole for the first race. In the 2nd I raced with Tim almost from start to finish with no gap to speak of. Fortunately for me when Tim did manage to get past(twice) he made a small error or 2 to let me back through(very kind :D). Congrats on the 2nd placing overall.

Great job Ali in the 3rd race, took me a while to really get on your bumper but there was not much chance of me getting past. I did consecutive 1'02.2xx and then a 2.5xx with only a a mini's gap between us all three laps. I was hoping to pressure you into a mistake but it was me who broke first with a couple of laps to go dropping a couple of seconds on you.

And lastly congrats to Aspecbob for third place (good re-pass in the 3rd race too).

Great job Ali in the 3rd race, took me a while to really get on your bumper but there was not much chance of me getting past. I did consecutive 1'02.2xx and then a 2.5xx with only a a mini's gap between us all three laps. I was hoping to pressure you into a mistake but it was me who broke first with a couple of laps to go dropping a couple of seconds on you.

Thanks! I had a few nervous moments with my rear view full of mini, it was difficult to keep you back there! I enjoyed every second of it and thanks for racing me so clean! I love the WRS 3D3 just for that alone!

Al

Cote Dazur
@ Daniel, congratulation for your podium in the first race, it must feel very good.

Just would like to mention that I would love to participate in the Wednesady NA event, but starting the race at 10H00 PM EST is too late for me. 7H00 PM would be ideal 8H00 good, could manage 9H00. This might help with having more attendance. I understand the rational behind having the race at 10h00 and that it might be best overall. This is just a suggestion, on the other hand, the eastern and central US/Canadian GTP demographic might justify a change.

Not sure how many we'd gain with a move, but I know we would lose at least two stewards (Lucas and I).

Congrats to T-L and Jon for the wins and to Tim, Christophe, and Daniel for the podiums.

1st EU race - Started at the back, but invisibility issues of other drivers meant each time I went for the pass I would get punted into the wall. Wasn't a lot of fun but **** happens.

2nd EU race - Started 5th, took the lead, was going according to plan till T-L showed up. He was way too fast for me to keep behind, but we had an amazing 2 lap battle till he passed me. I suggest anyone who has that replay to watch it - Legendary stuff ;).

3rd EU race - Started 2nd from last and managed to get 2nd so a decent race haha.

Thanks to Speedy for hosting and Tim for keep track of results 👍

Thanks everyone for the kind words -- yes, I believe it was my first podium: I'll take it even if it was made easier by the fact there were only 6 of us!

Because of that difference in numbers, the NA races were quite a different experience from the EU races. The first EU race was total chaos, I got banged into the wall more times than I could count! I think a lot of people thought it wasn't their fault because they probably had just been bumped into me themselves, but watching that replay should be interesting! (By the way, Tim, were you able to get those replays from the links I sent you?) This probably encouraged me to play a bit dirty myself a couple of times :embarrassed:

The fact I was doing better than usual is partly due to my concentration, I think, which was almost essential on such a tight track. That is probably the reason that my being sent into the wall in the third EU race two laps from the end while I was in second place came as a complete surprise! I didn't realize gooners was right beside me... although I did see him coming in my mirror.

Thanks Speedy and Tim for your usual dedication to these events and congratulations to T-L and Jon for the overall wins! And a special mention to Al for hanging on to the top spot in the last NA race 👍

I agree, but up to a certain point . When a driver approaches in such a way that i know he is clearly faster than me, i will give room to let him pass . Maybe not in the first or the second corner, but if he keeps on closing gaps and "knocking the door " , i know what is meant by fair racing .
If i would start from pole i could keep the whole field behind me by sticking to my lines on a track like e.g. London . But that way I should not be surprized when a faster driver would momentarily forget about the clean driving rules that we all appreciate so much in this community .....

Race was fun, and that third race with Steve was a challenge! Was a tight race in tight spaces, lots of bumps, but that was the nature of the race. I got a pass in turn 4 that you took back in the left sweep turn, great driving. The second race was a great experience being in first place for some time, but alas, Tim and JT were side by side in my review! The result was a double pass!

Race was fun, and that third race with Steve was a challenge! Was a tight race in tight spaces, lots of bumps, but that was the nature of the race. I got a pass in turn 4 that you took back in the left sweep turn, great driving. The second race was a great experience being in first place for some time, but alas, Tim and JT were side by side in my review! The result was a double pass!

You held the lead for quite some time Dale... good driving. 👍 I don't think I ever held the lead for more than a single lap before driving into a wall somewhere. I was better following for some reason.

Anyone up for some more unofficial sprints of this combo starting somewhere around 21:00 GMT?

Mini Cooper S '07 @ London Reverse And London Forward
Saturday March 10 2012 Sign up sheet:

1. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | Division 2 Silver | ~9-9:30 PM GMT

{not necessarily limited to 12 drivers so add additional lines as necessary.}

To sign up please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.
Use this format to add your information:

GTP username | PSN ID | Division | ETA in lobby (GMT)

Anyone up for some more unofficial sprints of this combo starting somewhere around 21:00 GMT?

2. segovia | GTP_AspecBob | Division 3 Bronze | ~20:30 GMT

To sign up please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

Unfortunately I have commitments with little league baseball all day Saturday until 5:00 PM pacific and can't participate (opening day festivities, team pictures and games).

So, Speedy, you're planning to be late at your own event? :P

Yeah Daniel, it all depends a bit on when the misses releases the tv for me. :)

3. mohitraina91 | GTP_gooners_17 | Division 2 Bronze | ~9:30 PM GMT | 50%

3. mohitraina91 | GTP_gooners_17 | Division 2 Bronze | ~9:30 PM GMT | 50%
4. jtv90069 | gtp_jtv90069 | Division 3 Silver | ~20:30 GMT

The GTP_3D3Racing lounge is open. :)

I'm not able to race yet. Will be in about an hour, I think.

Back