img.php

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86 @ Deep Forest Reverse

car_toyota_mr2_1600_g_86.jpg
track_deep_forest_reverse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Deep Forest Reverse
  • Car: Toyota MR2 1600 G '86 (from OCD)
  • Tires: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional
  • Example Tunes: TBD

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Notes:

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 40
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above (from Online Car Dealer)
  • Performance Points: NA
  • Power: 206 HP (all non-turbo power upgrades)
  • Weight: 953 kg (full weight reduction)
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifcations: All allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD).
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

DeepForestRaceway_1-800.jpg

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event27_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 30 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

DeepForestRaceway_2-800.jpg

We ran a few laps with this combo after the NA race last night and it seems like it will be pretty fun. And there are pits so we can do a long race. :sly: Live online quali this week too. 👍

It will be lots of fun! I will not be racing this week. I am off to the Jets games versus the Dallas Stars, have fun everyone! GO JETS GO!

Al

I'll also have to skip this one; I'll be in Minneapolis for work. I'll be lucky to find time to even try the time trial with this combo -- I haven't even bought the car yet.

Chiming in just so that no one thinks my absence had anything to do with getting trounced in the London race... I'll be back to choke on everyone's exhaust the following week.

iGoFast
I might give this a go.
Any tunes posted yet?

In our short test use EDK's offline tune with modified ride height. I changed to -10/0 and Al was using 0/0. I'm sure more tunes will surface early next week as people shift focus from time trial to online race.

All of these are offline, but work with ride height adjustments.

EDK
Here my setup. I've installed custom wheels on the car, so you may not be able to get to these transmission settings without doing the same.

RH -25/-18
Springs 10.0/14.0
Damp Ext 4/9
Camp Comp 4/9
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.0/0.6
Toe 0/-0.05

LSD 7/19/10

Brakes 8/3

Transmission - Final Drive all the way right, top speed all the way left, then set these gears -

Final = 4130

Top Speed in top right box shows as 143 MPH.

I'm shifting the car at 8,000 RPM's.

Started with Kev's (nice one mate :cheers:) and ended with this:

LSD 7/14/9

-25/-25
14.4/15.0
4/4
7/7
7/7
2.0/2.0
-0.09/0.00

BB 5/3 ABS 10

EDK
Running my version of the Modified EDK Flyer/Vagabond Special Hybrid.

Same transmission as my first tune.

RH -25/-25
Springs 11.0/14.0
Damp Ext 4/6
Damp Comp 6/9
ARB 7/3

Camber 2.0/1.5
Toe 0/-0.10

LSD 7/15/8

Brakes 6/3

Last edited:
I hope my fluorescence yellow car will distract you all so much this week, so maybe, I can get away with the win. :mischievous:
:lol:

I just made a note to myself to paint my car Silver Chrome so it reflects back at 'cha. :lol: Nice tactics, Christophe. 👍

I'm a solid 'maybe' for the NA event this week.
About 70% sure I'll make it.

1st timer here, as a maybe in the North American slot... hope to see u guys online!

Good work on filling in the forms. 👍
Added you to the database, you should come up on the next image update of the 'Driver Registration' in third post.

Welcome!

EDIT: you're already up there.

I'm going to the lobby to run this for an hour or so to see what I'm getting myself into Wednesday :nervous:
I think I'm all Spa'd out and I need a couple days off (or one) :sly:

I'm going to the lobby to run this for an hour or so to see what I'm getting myself into Wednesday :nervous:
I think I'm all Spa'd out and I need a couple days off (or one) :sly:

I'll be on about 8:30 PM Pacific tonight for some MR2 practice.

Our first little league baseball game today (coaching my son's team) was a success. We won 9-0 and looked like a professional team out there. 👍 Now if someone would just be my coach for GT5 maybe I could make some progress.

Modified EDK Flyer/Vagabond Special Hybrid tune from above with these adjustments and also using own gearing from offline time trial.

Ride Height -10 -4
Toe Angle 0.00 0.00

1'24.683 with DS3

Our first little league baseball game today (coaching my son's team) was a success. We won 9-0 and looked like a professional team out there.

That's awesome Tim. Congrats to the little man, and congratulations to "Coach" too 👍

If anyone is interested or wants another base to work from, here's my mash-up of Chris and Kevin's set-up, with my own tweaks. This car is *very* sensitive to LSD changes...

Last edited:
Here is my current setup:

Transmission
Final 3.300 max speed 180 km/h (all the way to left)

F2.500 (shifting up at about 8000 rpm)

LSD 15/20/17

Suspension
-10/25
15.0/15.0
2/8
3/1
7/1

1.9/1.5
-0.10/-0.25

Brakes 7/3 ABS 3 ( if it feels like too oversteery , increase rear brake to 4 during race / free run increase rear ride height)

This setup is good for 1'24's-5's

Last edited:
Signed up for EU race (finally).

Setup same as offline except:

Ride height -25/-10
Toe 0/0
LSD 7/16/9

BB 4/0 ABS 10

1'24.3 best so far but should be good for 1'24.0 in theory. 1'24.0 best lap so far

My WRS replay video:

Last edited:

👍

I plan to be in the lounge practicing in the MR2 in about an hour at 8:30 PM Pacific. Need to get my times down to 1'25 so I don't get lapped in the EU race. Low target this week... just to stay on the lead lap.

Any of you guys in the NA race if you have a few moments after the race to participate in a short test have the following car in your garage:

Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08​

It's only $100K from the new car dealership and you'll need it completely stock or any installed parts must be removable (e.g. no engine upgrades or weight reductions). Do an oil change (break in optional).

My avatar wants to kiss you right now. :sly:

Settle down Lucas, it's only a test...... or is it???? :lol:
It does sound awesome though, that's a test it has already passed with flying colours!

Did a quick test with the Viper ACR with custom wheels and paint and it was allowed on track with the no tuning allowed option checked.

jtv90069
Did a quick test with the Viper ACR with custom wheels and paint and it was allowed on track with the no tuning allowed option checked.

Custom wheels are fine, but you must reset transmission ratios after they are installed.

Custom wheels are fine, but you must reset transmission ratios after they are installed.

With the standard transmission you can't reset the ratios, is why i checked :sly:

Back