GTP WRS-Online : Event 27 : MR2 the Max - Mar 14

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 78 comments
jtv90069
With the standard transmission you can't reset the ratios, is why i checked :sly:

Ok. Was thinking of the Alfa we ran in January. I guess that one came stock with a customizable transmission.

I wonder then if the ratios end up different or if the standard transmission just compensates automatically.

Something to test, then. I'll keep stock wheels and we'll drag-race test it? 550kph!?! 344mph!?! I want to drive it.

Settle down Lucas, it's only a test...... or is it???? :lol:
It does sound awesome though, that's a test it has already passed with flying colours!
Sorry, Marc, can't really conceal my love for this car. :dopey:

Hey guys, could I change my colour to Starmist Crimson please if its not too much trouble :)

Sure Chris, just fill in the registration form again and it will auto-update.

Tireless Marc has updated the OP with new pics 👍, and I found Waldo (Stig)! :dunce:

Also thanks to all that posted a tune, I'm going to need those, I've only run about 4 laps, and like Tim, am just trying not to get lapped. :)

I was going to post a stewards note for this race, but I'm out of time and a meeting in 5 minutes.

One quick long note: It's hard to pass on this combo!

We are not setting slipstream to strong so you will have to use some strategy if the guy in front of you is close to your speed. Stagger pits, etc. A large difference in speed should allow you to safely pass on straight, but it does take quite a jump on exit of final turn to pull it off. I suspect once tires wear down the differences will grow and passing will become easier (or mistakes will allow drivers to go by).

Having said that if you have a car on your bumper for multiple corners and you can't shake them or it wasn't the result of a small mistake by you -- i.e. they just have a better pace -- it's probably in your best interest to pull inside on the front straight and let them pass. You will make up time with the draft following them so you could benefit also. Of course we understand the last few laps there are no free passes, but early in the race this would be to your advantage rather than trying to deal with the pressure (and possible impatience) of a faster driver on your bumper.

And remember you are NOT allowed to block even in the last few laps. As the lead driver you are allowed to pick your line whether that be outside or inside, but once you pick that line you are NOT allowed to change lines in reaction to a pass attempt. There is no "one block move allowed" option in our events. If the following driver is not attempting a pass and you are halfway down the straight you are fine to move inside in preparation for the corner. But if the following driver has close a gap (draft or better exit) and has moved inside to attempt to pull aside and you move inside in reaction -- that's a violation of the rules and driving etiquette in this series.

Hey guys, could I change my colour to Starmist Crimson please if its not too much trouble :)

Chris, I thought I had noticed during practice yesterday that you had changed the colour of your car. Now you want to go back to your first love ;)

Al: have fun at the game!

just a quick question, is the use of the rear spoiler allowed ?
Nope,

Tune:
Power: 206 BHP
Performance Points: 425
Weight: 953 KG
Ballast: 0 KG

Transmission:
First set the final gear all the way to the right, then set max speed all the way to the left (180 km/h) and then adjust as following:
1st gear: 2.629
2nd gear: 2.004
3rd gear: 1.647
4th gear: 1.376
5th gear: 1.166
6th gear: 1.008
Final gear: 4.130

LSD:
Initial torque: 8
Acceleration sensivity: 12
Braking sensivity: 8

Suspension:
Ride height: -25/-25
Spring rate: 12.0/15.0
Dampers (extension): 7/7
Dampers (compression): 7/7
Anti-roll bars: 3/5
Camber angle: 2.0/2.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.00

Brake settings & aids:
Brake balance: 4/0
ABS: 10

Notes:
I got a 1'24.2XX with this setup. It may be more suited to DS3 drivers.

Just noticed that the NA times for both races are standard times, not daylight times. So the EU race would be at 4 pm EDT (still 8 pm GMT, would make sense since Europe hasn't switched yet), but tonight's race should be at 10 pm EDT (= 2 am GMT), no?

March 14, 2012

European Time Slot

3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 8:00 PM GMT

img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

If in doubt *always* go with the timers shown in the OP. The race starts in 35 minutes as far as I knew. If it's later then I'm missing it.​

Oh, I see. I was looking at the times on top of the registration grids.

Oh, I see. I was looking at the times on top of the registration grids.

I know. We totally screwed this up. We probably have to run at 8:00 GMT and not 7:00 GMT because this race was targeted at EU. Speedy isn't even online yet.

The NA race tonight however will be at 10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific.

If at all possible can you guys get the lounge 30 minutes early so we could compromise the EU time and start in the middle?

For now we're going with the following. Everyone already in the lounge is good to delay an hour:

March 14, 2012

European Time Slot

4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 8:00 PM GMT

img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

Last edited:
Sorry, guys, my bad, I should have accounted for this confounded lost hour. :ouch: We'll get it right for next week, and this week it sounds like there might be room for compromise.

Just going to sit in the pits. Can't control this car online, only managed 2 practice laps, isn't too fun. Sorry.

Tim,

Hope this is what you were talking about...wasn't sure. Kinda new to me, lol.

Deep Forest Qualifying..........
31412race.jpg

Sorry guy's I left de race early but I got good news about my father who is in a hospital.
Therefore I was distracted.

I hope to race you all next time !

Greetings from a happy Don !

Sorry guy's I left de race early but I got good news about my father who is in a hospital.
Therefore I was distracted.

I hope to race you all next time !

Greetings from a happy Don !

Glad for the good new Don! Real life comes first of course.

Congratz to Pekka on a great win and jtv/wes for the podium positions.

The race was quite a bit of fun with both tire mgmt and pit strategy coming into play. 👍

Deep Forest Weekly Race Winner.........GTP_MadMax

31412deepforestwinner.jpg

Enjoyed watching the Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got some good news about your Pop, Don!

It's Martini Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a real close race between pos 1-4 . I made the mistake to leave my postion 4 and pit in lap 17 or 18 , but did not manage to hook up again . I could take advantage though of vagabonds spin to get back on pos 4 just in the last few laps . Congrats to 1-3 for a deserved podium place !

Had an absolute blast in the race today.
Congrats to Pekka, a very nice drive for the win, 11 seconds faster in the last 10 laps 👍.
Wes, really nice job in 3rd, 25 laps on a set of tyres is incredible:drool:.
Mops, outstanding drive for 4th especially early on. 5 cars nose to tail for a number of laps was so much fun to be in.
And lastly commiseration to you Chris, having to drop out of 3rd with only 5 laps to go. I do not think I could have held 2nd if you were able to finish, you had already passed me a couple of laps earlier but couldn't hold it that time.
Thankyou everyone for yet another great event :D

Yeah, disaster on lap 37.... :crazy: Some great driving there Jon, fast and clean. 👍 Its far from certain that I'd have taken 2nd off you if I'd stayed on track - you were really on it there. Good fun chasing you down though. :cheers:

Congrats to Pekka for the win and Wes for an insane qualy time. 👍

Not sure what's going on with my wheel - the button I have mapped for reverse seems to be stuck internally. I can remap it and leave that button unassigned but the brake was also stuck on while I was trying to reverse and the FFB seems to have gone what I can only describe as 'notchy' - like a ratchet rather than smooth like it was before. Still in warranty but I'm now at the mercy of Fanatec customer support.

Sorry about the issues Chris. Welcome to the "FFB Wheel Blues Club" which seems to have an ever growing membership as of late. 👎

Here are the official results:

event27_res_eu.png

event27_quali_eu.png

Wes definitely takes the ugly duckling car award this week to go along with the pole. Yikes!!!

A reminder to those of you who have a few extra minutes tonight after the NA race. Come equipped with a stock Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 in your garage. Oil change recommended and break in optional.

Latest Posts

Back