GTP WRS-Online : Event 27 : MR2 the Max - Mar 14

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 78 comments
Lounge is open for NA pre-race practice. Qualifying starts in 55 minutes.

Congrats Pekka, Tim, and David for the podiums, but DANG Jon was on track for a 2nd epic race of the day, until lap 29. :ouch: Congrats on pole and best lap. 👍

Week27NAResults.png

The race was more fun than I thought it would be, I was scared as I had no practice whatsoever. And if I hadn't taken 4 long excursions into the field next to the final turn, I might have had even more fun! Good battle with Daniel in the last laps, and then another excursion gave him the easy spot ahead of me. :dunce:

Missed Marc and Kevin, though. :(

Lucas informed me that my car was all over the place the first few laps of the NA race tonight. My connection was really flaking out from the start as I DC'd at the start of pre-race practice and again at the end of quali. I was really lucky just to make the race and start at the back of the field after qualifying 3rd.

The first couple laps I noticed cars moving all over the place, but it settled down for me when I got behind Aspec on Lap 3 and I didn't notice anything odd after that, but Lucas said my car was jittery on replay until about Lap 11. 👎 And my tires were generating smoke for the entirety of the initial lap. :confused:

I apologize if my jittery connection caused any other drivers issues... usually my connection is rock solid so hopefully it was just an anomaly. Had no problems at all in the EU race.

Bummer about JTV as he surely deserved 2nd place and I was a second a lap slower than his and Pekka's pace. Pekka basically just slowed/pitted after JTV DC'd to let me catch up. That 2 second gap is pretty much a farce and should be more like 35 seconds.

How many times have we had a DC when there are new seasonals, like tonight? Seems like it's more than 50%. PD needs to work around us. :grumpy:

EDIT: Can't wait for next week already, even though LMP@Spa should be the only thing on my mind right now.

NOTE: Next week's thread will be slightly delayed in going up...shooting for Thurs/Fri timeframe.

Last edited:
Gravitron
How many times have we had a DC when there are new seasonals, like tonight? Seems like it's more than 50%. PD needs to work around us. :grumpy:

I noticed that too... PSN was quirky all afternoon and then new seasonals show up.

Well on the bright side, it was cool to have 3 new guys join, and all seemed to have mics. Nice to meet you dudes. You should race every Wed, and consider the epic Enduro we have planned, 10 days from now.

Gravitron
Well on the bright side, it was cool to have 3 new guys join, and all seemed to have mics. Nice to meet you dudes. You should race every Wed, and consider the epic Enduro we have planned, 10 days from now.

So true that new guys were a nice addition!!!

Now if we can get our wayward admins to start showing up again we will have completely full grids. :dopey:

I notice a lot of guys getting quite a bit faster these days in the races and more consistent throughout the divisions. 👍

Just to put my network under more pressure I went and got a cheap mic after the races :D
This was my first disconnect so far and it was PSN i was logged out of.

jtv90069
Just to put my network under more pressure I went and got a cheap mic after the races :D
This was my first disconnect so far and it was PSN i was logged out of.

Seems like when they add seasonals if you get the wrong PSN server in the lottery you are out of luck. I remember Lucas and Marc getting DC'd from Fuji a night they added seasonals. Too much correlation to be coincidence. That red star is the kiss of death for an online race.

I saw some of the replay before you got DC'd and you were giving Pekka a handful. Great driving and the DC can't take that away!

Now that this race is over its time for me to step back in the LMP. 👍

Of course the DC is disappointing but I did have a great run in the EU race earlier so today is far from a loss overall.
Like you said Tim it seems to be a bit of a lottery as btcannon was having issues leading up to the room opening and you got DC twice after qually, it was just my turn during the race unfortunately.

you guys are waay faster but it was still fun for me regardless. Tuning is definitely not my forte here, some of the tuning setups that you guys posted is just incomprehensible for me .. I would have never imagined 100% forward brake bias and max ABS settings for example in one of your tunes.

But I appreciate the community for sharing their tunes, the original car was undrive-able to me...

you guys are waay faster but it was still fun for me regardless. Tuning is definitely not my forte here, some of the tuning setups that you guys posted is just incomprehensible for me .. I would have never imagined 100% forward brake bias and max ABS settings for example in one of your tunes.

But I appreciate the community for sharing their tunes, the original car was undrive-able to me...

Sometimes you just have to believe :sly:
Usually the tunes are posted by the fastest WRS drivers and they are always worth trying out, even if they look a bit (or a lot) odd.

Pekka (MadMax), Wes (w-g-e) and Chris (Vagabond) have saved my behind more than once with their tunes, as offline tunes almost never work online and I'm not always sure what to adjust to achieve a better tune myself.
It's the best free advice you will find anywhere IMO 👍

Congtrats to Pekka for the double win!
Bummer I misssed the NA race, but there was no way I would have stayed awake for the entire race, I could barely stay awake watching you guys practice.
I'll get a 6-pack of RedBull for next week's race just in case 💡

Last edited:

A podium finish in your first race is nothing to sneeze at either. 👍

I'm clueless when it comes to tuning also. About the only things I adjust after using published tunes is the ride height and transmission settings. But normally I just leave those to the experts and "believe" as Hydro says.

In this case I even stole Vagabond's line (using his posted video) and that helped *tremendously*. I was running 1'27 at best (no time trial runs or much practice for me before Tuesday) and after studying his line inside and outside I ran a bunch of 1'25s in a row during the NA race without any draft assist. Also managed a one stopper in NA which I wouldn't have even considered in the EU race.

Question: Did all of you guys "see" me during the race besides btcanon? He reported that I was invisible to him even though I could see him on track. I think the first time he realized I was in the race was when we published the results. :lol:

I think you already know that I could see you, just saying it here since you asked. Curious to hear what others say.

And my tires were generating smoke for the entirety of the initial lap. :confused:

Just to clarify, on my replay, your rear tires were showing constant red and skidding w/ smoke for the entirety of the jittery period (first 11 laps). There did not seem to be any extra tire wear associated with that skidding though.

you guys are waay faster but it was still fun for me regardless.

I am myself only starting to get faster after a few months of participating in these online events, but I'm an old guy. So you'll get faster very soon, don't worry about that.

However, I am still prone to making mistakes that end up costing me a lot of time because it always takes me forever to recover from them -- I end up facing the wrong way, and then spinning a couple of times after finally getting back on tarmac, etc.

By the way, it was one of the new guys (not sure who) who was apologizing to me after hitting my slow-moving car at the end of the race: there was no need to, as my race was done and I was not in control of the car anymore.

Which got me thinking, and I mentioned this last night after the race, that we should set the race finish delay to about the same time it takes to run one lap. But I'll post in the suggestion thread about this to ask people's opinions, as Tim suggested.

Tim: yes, I could see you during the race, and when I saw you in my mirror during an early lap, your car was moving jerky-like (no, I'm not saying you were driving like a jerk! :P).

Back