img.php

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA 1600 '65 @ Rome

car_alfa_romeo_giulia_sprint_gta_1600_65.jpg
track_rome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Rome
  • Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA 1600 '65
  • Tires: Comfort Softs (N3)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Allowed - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Notes:

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 35
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 192 HP
  • Weight: 675 KG
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifcations: Allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD).
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Rome_7-800.jpg

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event29_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 30 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Rome_3-800.jpg

Feel free to use the GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A/B/C lounge for practice Dion. 👍

Can't join right now, Dion, I'm about to watch F1, and I assume you're avoiding the GTP_3D3* lounges due to the special event tomorrow. Or maybe you're more comfortable with public lounges? You may be the first one to start testing the Sport Hards on this event, so if you have any feedback on whether it's too slippery (vs the offline TT) let us know!

EDIT: Speedy is Speedy, yet again! :dunce:

Ok guys 👍

I think they are quite grippy actually and the N3's online are actually a lot better than offline lol.

Id be happy running the N3's to be honest, but the S1's are still solid :D

Well, that would be a first. :confused: (online being grippier than offline, where tires are equal) I'll try to check it out as well.

Thanks for the feedback, man. 👍

Well, that would be a first. :confused: (online being grippier than offline, where tires are equal) I'll try to check it out as well.

Thanks for the feedback, man. 👍

I stopped trying to make sense of GT5 a long time ago :lol:

Could be the balance of the car is effected due to online + tyre wear physics?

Dunno..

n3 was nice 👍 strange as it may sound, s1 was a bore. Keep in mind I'm no d1 elitest, I think the racing will cook up fine and fun on n3.

I'm in for EU and maybe NA. Feel free to share any and all secrets Dion. :sly: Good to see you about mate. 👍

Feel free to share any and all secrets Dion. :sly: Good to see you about mate. 👍
:lol:, cheers Chris 👍, No secrets here mate! You're the one who needs to help me!! your splits this week are solid :bowdown:

Did some testing online with the S1's and managed a 1'23.4.

Having not done the WRS at all this week how does that stack up haha?

Tyres also seem to wear at a snail pace and I don't even think we need to stop this race? Easily managed 15 laps and was still running 23.5 - 23.8's.

Last edited:
Finally back for our weekly races. :)

This will be my final warmup for my 4 hours in the MR2 on Saturday in Portland.

I believe that is a hold-over from the previous GT games, where you could use a Gameshark (game glitching device) to create unrealistic fantasy cars. Just covering our bases. :D

In the rules what does : No hybrids, means?

A Hydrids is where someone has hacked into the game and changed the cars. For example poeople can put a v8 and down force on a mini but the game specs still say the standard mini pp values. Not sure it can be done on GT5 and Most of all I hope no one does it.

Hope that help
Mike 👍

This car handles so much better online and my paint job is STONKING.

S1's or N3's? I tried both last night, as well as N3 front + S1 rear, and the mismatched tires won. The snap oversteer is transformed into slow-catchable oversteer, which might be better for the online race. 👍 I *would* agree with you and Dion, that the N3's *slightly* better than offline though, even with a crap personal tune for both.

Well, I actually only tried S1 tyres. loads of grip on those, I'll give the N3's a go next time I'm on.

I'm in the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for some practice on the N3's.

It'll only be for about 40 min or so but feel free to join.

I already done a good 90mins worth of running and practice for S1's :lol:
I quite like them, though if we decide to officially change to N3's that's cool, just need a bit of notice so I can adjust it again :D

We'll make an official decision within 8hrs of...now. :D If you have time, Dion, I'd be interested in your opinion of N3-front/S1-rear. That, or post your tune for S1's, 'cause I was still spinning with those, and was 3sec slower than you, on the laps I actually completed. :lol:

Height Adjustable Sports Kit
RH: -10/-5
SR: 5.7/3.3
D: 2/2
CA: 1.5/0.8

LSD: 5/5/12

BB: 4/3

N3/N3: Easy mid to low 1'28's and a best of 1'27.7. getting light drift for most of the track. By lap 15 up to 1'29-30 laps.

N3/S1: Low 1'26's with a best of 1'25.841. Introduces a bit of understeer in T3 but fairly neutral overall. Showing almost no tire wear in 9 laps. Lap 7: 26.012, Lap 8: 25.841, Lap 9: 26.067

S1/S1: Best of 1'24.795. Lacked some consistency going from high 24's to mid 25's. Setup felt a little wrong for these tires and could do with some work.

I had the most fun drifting around the track on comfort softs front and rear :D

Thinking we should go with N3's to reward those who have practiced the TT the most, since offline and online feel so similar. I'll change the OP. 👍

I'm at work, so not able to try right now, will give it a crack tonight and post my updated time and tune for N3's 👍

Back