GTP WRS-Online : Event 31 : A Rakete in Your Pokete - Apr 11

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 94 comments
What a great race, and I'm glad it was my first, Non-special event race with 3D3 Racing. Here are just some highlights/information regarding my race; by lap 6 I had gained two positions and was running smooth and consistent laps. However, I came across GTP_Yanaran and to my suprise he was parked in the Schumacher S. I tried to avoid him but ended up clipping his left rear :nervous:. This sent me into a spin which eventually depositied me in the gravel :scared:. I then saw Speedy, Jammy, Biffy, Don, and others pass.

After this icident I raced a virtually perfect race with only one or two offs (caused by my curosity in Biffy's position via the mini-map).
Overall my strategy was similar to Tim's above, but as he noted a 4 stopper is the better choice. My staregy is as follows:

1:RM/RM(7) 2:RS/RM(6) 3:RS/RM:(6) 4:RS/RM(6) 5:RS/RM(5)

It worked well and gave the car slight oversteer which can be controlled easily.

Towards the end of the race Biffy and I were racing quite closely and it came down to the last lap when Tim's b-spec controlled car blocked Biffy and not me :sly:. I got lucky, and I also didnt finnish last which deems this race very succesful in my book :).

And last but certainly not least, Congratz on the win T-L 👍

Last edited:
Yeah, I went for a 2-stop. I had to drive a 12-lap last stint on racing softs/racing mediums which turned out not to be the right choice.:lol:
I pitted on lap 27/28 for new tyres again.
In the end it didn't matter because I got disrupted on lap 28 saying it was important. It turned out not to be so.:ouch:

I don't think I affected much of anyone's race though. With Jonas' crash the best he could possibly manage was 2nd place, which was a shame because you really had the pace.👍
Could you possibly be disappointed after that great WRS victory though? Belated congratulations.:cheers:
Tim, good job on 3rd place. With my strategy I basically ruined what could be a good battle. Sorry about that, but at least you managed a podium.👍

T-L, you were the most consistent of us all. Lots of pitstops but fast pace and no crashes (I think). A deserved win.👍

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
It certainly was not an easy task. Super fun race all around, awesome pace from everyone it seemed (especially Yanaran). I'm watching the replay in 3D right now.:)
Really looking forward to tonights race! Hope to see more of you there.
My pit/tire strategy went as follows
RM/RM(5) RS/RM(6)x4
I may go with a 3 pit plan tonight, still thinking about it.

Here are the official results from the EU race:

event31_res_eu.png

Last edited:
Those are some interesting results. There are a couple odd things that I now realize that I didn't dying the race. First of all, did jtv and I really have the exact same quali lap? If so that's very strange and what criteria determined that he started ahead of me?

Mid-way through the race I was wondering were Jammy went, I knew I was quicker but for some reason he stayed in front of me. Now I realize that he is amazing at conserving his tires. Only 2 stops is simply outstanding 👍👍.

Also if I'm not mistaken Jonas had the quickest quali, not Mark. So I think those times need to be switched in the table above.

Last edited:
Those are some interesting results. There are a couple odd things that I now realize that I didn't dying the race. First of all, did jtv and I really have the exact same quali lap? If so that's very strange and what criteria determined that he started ahead of me?

Mid-way through the race I was wondering were Jammy went, I knew I was quicker but for some reason he stayed in front of me. Now I realize that he is amazing at conserving his tires. Only 2 stops is simply outstanding 👍👍.

Also if I'm not mistaken Jonas had the quickest quali, not Mark. So I think those times need to be switched in the table above.

Probably just a typo on the qualifying time. I'll double check them after the NA race tonight and update.

EDIT: Just checked and your quali time should have been 1'51.660

Since there is a small grid for the NA race is it okay if I specate that race? Would have loved to join, but i'll probably be doing work while watching (if I can) :yuck:.

Sure. You are also free to join as we are only 6, but watching is fine too.

Great fun tonight, but a predictably bad performance on my part. :dunce:

Congrats T-L on a 2nd win of the day (and thanks for backing off and not lapping me:D). Nice 2nd podium for Tim too. 👍

Good job extending your tire life AND having equal or faster pace than I, Joe. 👍 You really kicked my can.

Congratz to T-L for the win (again).

event31_res_na.png

Also, I updated the EU results with the correct quali times. I subtracted out the formation lap from the total time... check out how close the total times were... within 6 seconds with a completely different tire/pit strategy.

event31_res_eu.png

PS> I have a feeling Speedy isn't going to want to run this combo on Saturday. :lol: Maybe we could run some of the combo we're using next week.... "British Invasion". Might be fun with the "attack" format.

Last edited:
PS> I have a feeling Speedy isn't going to want to run this combo on Saturday. :lol: Maybe we could run some of the combo we're using next week.... "British Invasion". Might be fun with the "attack" format.

My first online event - evar :D

Congrats to T-L for the EU win and T-L for the NA win!

I just stick to my safest choice RM and it work. I tried RH and RS but had no time really test so RM was my bet to race.

jammy21
I just stick to my safest choice RM and it work. I tried RH and RS but had no time really test so RM was my bet to race.

Your 10 lap stints were very impressive. When I watched the replay to note the strategies I was surprised anyone went that long. I could make 10 laps on hard maybe... On mediums no way. 👍

I think I owe Wes a LVL 20 ticket for his 20 lap stint on racing hards during pre-race practice. Crazy like a pink fox.

Last edited:
If people vote to do it again on Saturday, that's fine and I'll just go with it.
If not, British Invasion it will be then.
Maybe using the format we did last Saturday 'cause I liked it very much. :)

Thanks again everyone! Really enjoying the WRS so far.
Better get your wheel going soon w-g-e! I'm gunnin' for that top spot (most wins) :)
5 wins in 5 races so far.

Wes I'm not terribly disappointed with the results. I wanted to do a clean race more than I wanted to place well, so to have the biggest wipeout of the race hurt my feelings a bit. Winning the TT helps though... ;)

Congrats on the NA win too T_L, looks like you also found the 3-stopper to be a bit faster! :cool:

Better get your wheel going soon w-g-e! I'm gunnin' for that top spot (most wins) :)
5 wins in 5 races so far.

I'll be tracking the battle for top spot in the table... Here's the progress of the top 5 so far...

trackingtop5.png

T-L has tied Hydro in 4th place with 5 wins already and his next target is unfortunately me. :scared: I notice that I haven't gotten a win since T-L started racing with us.... hmmm.

I'll see if I can incorporate this chart into the event history thread.

Last edited:
The next races will be interesting T-L. I never lost a 3D3 race with my wheel against a D1 gold driver.;)

And never won one either..

:P

I don't fully understand the graph Tim. Or it doesn't show up correctly...

I don't fully understand the graph Tim. Or it doesn't show up correctly...

Yes, google doesn't show the image correctly as soon as I close the document... very strange. I've made a static image out of it instead, but I'm only going to include it in the history if it can be automated/dynamic:

trackingtop5.png

Wes, your Lvl 20 ticket has been sent for meeting the 20 lap stint challenge.

We should come up with crazy ways to win tickets every week and first driver to do it gets a ticket of some sort.

How about next week complete an entire lap clean in reverse at DRC in under 5 mins. :lol:

Any takers for a rematch this Saturday?

20:00 GMT as usual.

We are going to run Rakete again in an attack format like we had last week -- two shorter races with staggered start/delayed start reverse grid for the 2nd. We will probably simplify a bit for the shorter race and just mandate RM tires all around for the entire two race setup. We can discuss the exact details.

We thought about running British Invasion tomorrow, but it's really hard to jump in on cold. We ran a few laps cold and it was a disaster. I would recommend if you are going to join next week you join our practice sessions.

Reply if you can make it so we can judge interest.

I'll be away this Saturday :(
Have a good race guys - whichever one you run :D

I'm itching to get back in the 787 though, so I'll be looking for practice races on Sunday eve.

WRP001

We are going to run Rakete again in an attack format like we had last week -- two shorter races with staggered start/delayed start reverse grid for the 2nd. We will probably simplify a bit for the shorter race and just mandate RM tires all around for the entire two race setup. We can discuss the exact details.

We thought about running British Invasion tomorrow, but it's really hard to jump in on cold. We ran a few laps cold and it was a disaster. I would recommend if you are going to join next week you join our practice sessions.

I would be interested in running this event again. I had lots of fun in the EU race, and my schedule will not allow me to race in next week's race. Thus this is my only opportunity to race in the upcoming week.

WRP001

I'll run in anything that happens to be going down when/if I wake up 👍

I think i will be up in time to have another run at this race. 👍

Is the Rokete race on for today?

Yes. On saturdays there is usually a re-run of the weeks race. Sometimes also trying something different like the reverse handicap grid last week.

Back