img.php

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ‘97 @ Nürburgring GP/F

car_bmw_mclaren_f1_gtr_race_car_821697.jpg
track_nrburgring_gpf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Nürburgring GP/F
  • Car: BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ‘97
  • Tires: Open Choice (must qualify and start race on Racing Medium tires)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Allowed - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: Praiano | Vagabond (Offline)

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Notes: single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 30 (including formation lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Rormation Lap with Rolling Start (details)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% average lap (120sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 708 HP
  • Weight: 950 KG
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifcations: Allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD).
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

NrburgringGP_F_7-800.jpg

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event31_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 30 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

NrburgringGP_F_9-800.jpg

I suggest we consider open tires. Require all drivers to qualify/start on R2 tires and then allow them to switch to whichever compound they wish. Basically like we did with "Split Window Splits".

We might be doing a lot of pitting!

Sounds like a great combo and I would like to participate in this race and It would be my first, as long as I can keep this monster on the track I will. I'll be putting in many laps and hope to register soon.

I'm away from my PS3 right now so I'm wondering if the GP/F course is the one run by DTM or F1. I'm only asking cause in the 3D3 marathon there was a picture of the DTM track for the DTM race, but when I showed up to practice it was the F1 style track.

Thanks.

This is the F1 track, yes the image above was wrong. Look again, it's the correct image now. ;)

Has anyone tested the tirewear on this beast yet?

I only had a couple of offline laps so far, and they weren't even decent enough to post to the leaderboard. :nervous:

I had a quick go at it and got 9 laps, and the last one was slippery. I drove pretty gently, nothing at all like my TT lap.

I ran some tests tonight.

On Racing Medium tires I was able to run 1'50.5 pace fairly consistently, so call it race pace and not quali pace, and the tires lasted abRout 8 laps. The 9th lap could have been completed, but on ice... with a smoother style I'm sure 9 would be possible.

On Racing Soft tires I was able to run 1'48.0 pace and the tires lasted 5-6 laps. The 6th lap the tires were pretty much wrecked, but the soft held their grip at lower levels better.

On Racing Hard tires I was able to run 1'52.5 pace and the tires lasted 10 laps. Smoother driving could have stretched to 11 or 12 I'm pretty sure.

Adjustments to tune may help as the wear is biased towards the rear a little, but the fronts probably only had an extra 1-1.5 laps over the rear so it wasn't a big bias.

In case you're wondering we are considering requiring quali and starting the race on mediums, but then leaving tire choice open for the remainder of the race. We're not 100% sure and we'll make a decision after a little group practice and some test races.

With 30 laps and open tire choice strategy could be:

RM (8) | RM (8) | RM (8) | RS (6)

or

RM (8) | RH (10) | RS (6) | RS (6)

or

RM (8) | RH (11) | RH (11)

Some interesting scenarios.

I ran some tests tonight.

On Racing Medium tires I was able to run 1'50.5 pace fairly consistently, so call it race pace and not quali pace, and the tires lasted abRout 8 laps. The 9th lap could have been completed, but on ice... with a smoother style I'm sure 9 would be possible.

On Racing Soft tires I was able to run 1'48.0 pace and the tires lasted 5-6 laps. The 6th lap the tires were pretty much wrecked, but the soft held their grip at lower levels better.

On Racing Hard tires I was able to run 1'52.5 pace and the tires lasted 10 laps. Smoother driving could have stretched to 11 or 12 I'm pretty sure.

Adjustments to tune may help as the wear is biased towards the rear a little, but the fronts probably only had an extra 1-1.5 laps over the rear so it wasn't a big bias.

In case you're wondering we are considering requiring quali and starting the race on mediums, but then leaving tire choice open for the remainder of the race. We're not 100% sure and we'll make a decision after a little group practice and some test races.

With 30 laps and open tire choice strategy could be:

RM (8) | RM (8) | RM (8) | RS (6)

or

RM (8) | RH (10) | RS (6) | RS (6)

or

RM (8) | RH (11) | RH (11)

Some interesting scenarios.

There is also this option

RM 10- RH 20 :)

There is also this option

RM 10- RH 20 :)

Good luck with that. Want to make a challenge? If you pull off 20 laps on RH I'll send you a level 20 ticket. If you don't, you send me a ticket (I'm missing level 17 or 21 so that would be my payoff).

On bad news I'm going to have to withdraw from the EU race. Forgot to block off the time in my calendar and I had two meetings scheduled starting at 1:00 PM Pacific. 👎

If we don't get additional confirmed registrations for the NA race we'll have to black flag it. :nervous:

If we don't get additional confirmed registrations for the NA race we'll have to black flag it. :nervous:

Or you could just have a stewards' showdown :sly:.

Got an exam at the time, but should be making the NA slot from next week on.

Good luck with that. Want to make a challenge? If you pull off 20 laps on RH I'll send you a level 20 ticket. If you don't, you send me a ticket (I'm missing level 17 or 21 so that would be my payoff).

On bad news I'm going to have to withdraw from the EU race. Forgot to block off the time in my calendar and I had two meetings scheduled starting at 1:00 PM Pacific. 👎

Be careful Tim. You should have a look at his tyres after 15 laps in the previous race. But it's too late to retire now.:P

Be careful Tim. You should have a look at his tyres after 15 laps in the previous race. But it's too late now.:P

It's only a ticket and I'd like to see him do it. I'd cheer him on.

He can even do it in a practice solo race so it doesn't have to potentially ruin his official race. We would have to set some rules though about minimum speed and such -- can't be running parade laps. :sly:

Sounds like a fun challenge event actually. Set some criteria for overall finish time that's reasonable for 20 laps and people just submit the replay for review to get their level 20 ticket.

It's only a ticket and I'd like to see him do it. I'd cheer him on.

He can even do it in a practice solo race so it doesn't have to potentially ruin his official race. We would have to set some rules though about minimum speed and such -- can't be running parade laps. :sly:

Sounds like a fun challenge event actually. Set some criteria for overall finish time that's reasonable for 20 laps and people just submit the replay for review to get their level 20 ticket.
I know, I'm just saying he's very good (better than me) at conserving tyres.

And that does sound like a fun challenge, although not for me without a wheel.👍

I'm in. Like to see how i'm doing with this one. Never run race with this car either (as last week Lexus SC430) :)
Might be even harder to me than last week :nervous:

Strongly considering joining this race and now with more of my level drivers I think I might. Just wondering what lap times you guys (D3 +) are running, so I can see if I will have someone to race with.

Thanks

Got my paddle replacement kit today from TM and installation was a snap! Back in business and no more AT for me (until they break again).

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll have an NA race this week with these numbers and I can't make the EU race so I won't get to try them out in a race for a bit.

I will not be running the races, but i will definitly give it a try to run 20 laps with the car on one set of tyres if i find the time...
In the petronas best i could do was 23 laps on one set. (i am going all the time as hard as possible i could).

Got my paddle replacement kit today from TM and installation was a snap! Back in business and no more AT for me (until they break again).

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll have an NA race this week with these numbers and I can't make the EU race so I won't get to try them out in a race for a bit.
👍

If only Fanatec had 1/10th of that speed..:ouch:

More good news. My work scheduled opened up without any intervention from myself and I can now run the EU race tomorrow. 👍 Meaning I'm up for some practice later today. It's raining here and I'm stuck inside anyway.

And almost a hat trick of good news. If we can get one more confirmed driver for NA we won't have to black flag the race. C'mon man! Time for some recruiting calls:

MilleRSVR -- you rocked the time trial are you sure you don't want to run the race?
Speedy -- you don't need no stinkin' sleep?
MadMax -- you don't have to fill in the form I'll do it for you (like usual) and sleep is over rated.
Gooners -- school? c'mon man. (don't tell my sons I said that).
otxjto -- show up and explain to me how I'm supposed to pronounce that
transamguy -- you never raced with us... now is a good time to check it out

I'm sure there are others in an NA time zone lurking out there, but I'm out of words.

More good news. My work scheduled opened up without any intervention from myself and I can now run the EU race tomorrow. 👍 Meaning I'm up for some practice later today. It's raining here and I'm stuck inside anyway.

And almost a hat trick of good news. If we can get one more confirmed driver for NA we won't have to black flag the race. C'mon man! Time for some recruiting calls:

MilleRSVR -- you rocked the time trial are you sure you don't want to run the race?
Speedy -- you don't need no stinkin' sleep?
MadMax -- you don't have to fill in the form I'll do it for you (like usual) and sleep is over rated.
Gooners -- school? c'mon man. (don't tell my sons I said that).
otxjto -- show up and explain to me how I'm supposed to pronounce that
transamguy -- you never raced with us... now is a good time to check it out

I'm sure there are others in an NA time zone lurking out there, but I'm out of words.
Me?:sly:

If I can save the race with it I'll do it.

Me?:sly:

If I can save the race with it I'll do it.

Of course you are welcome, but I know you aren't in an NA time zone so I didn't shout you out. Pekka and Speedy used to be NA regulars, but they've given up their vampire ways.

Here's your shout out if it helps.

w-g-e: Please sign up for NA and feed me my well deserved "humble pie" by crushing me with a controller. I'll ask BMW/McLaren to ship a pink model just for you.

Wish I could join you for both races tomorrow. N/A race I am working. Sorry

Al

This just got interesting...and now I'm scheming about how I can make EU as well. :)

Of course you are welcome, but I know you aren't in an NA time zone so I didn't shout you out. Pekka and Speedy used to be NA regulars, but they've given up their vampire ways.

Here's your shout out if it helps.

w-g-e: Please sign up for NA and feed me my well deserved "humble pie" by crushing me with a controller. I'll ask BMW/McLaren to ship a pink model just for you.
How great would that be.:dopey:

I won't sign up yet as I said 'if I can save the race with it'. I want to wait and see if someone else signs up first.

WRP001

I would also like some more practice before I fully commit to racing. I just had a look at the TT Unofficial Results and got scared. The times which D3 people were running are much quicker than mine, and the ones you posted earlier.

Is the speed that people found in the TT due to offline physics, no tire wear, active steering, and other aids not allowed in the race?

Yes, online times will most likely be 1 to 3 sec slower. Grip at Track Edge = Real also contributes to slower online times.

Back