GTP WRS-Online Event 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS - February 19, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 167 comments
Mr. WRP, I like that. :dopey: From now on everybody has to call me that. :lol:

Or... Tim will work just fine!

How about surfer boy? Is that ok too? :P

Hey! I got best lap in my race, woohoo!

Interesting to see for the NA races: no overlap at all between rooms A and B for both best laps and quali laps!

Well JTV made all 3 and he's in Australia... PASM made all three and he's in Europe, Gooners made all three and he's on east coast time and I made all three and I'm on West Coast time. It's a world-wide conspiracy!
For us in Aust it's perfect times, 7:00am, 2:00PM, 7:00PM. I had plans for all 3 as well but access to the TV was not permitted due to someone needing to watch Recorded shows form the night before :)

Here are the merged results:
  • Bart gets the overall fastest time, best lap and fastest quali along with 2 wins.
  • WillRacer's win in EU prevents PASM from getting the sweep.
  • couttsy21 swimming in deep into D2 waters with his result and RoeszaGT not far behind.
  • Great debut by Luni earning a podium in his first race. 👍
  • Welcome all the new racers who joined us for the first time this week! :cheers:
  • By my calculations this table represents 6,859 km / 4,262 miles driven. :dopey:
GT6_004_140219_merged_results.png

Last edited:
...but access to the TV was not permitted due to someone needing to watch Recorded shows form the night before :)

I have that exact same problem. :rolleyes: I always hear the "did such & such record last night?" when I'm in the middle of a race. Responding with "yes, but you're going to need to 🤬 wait for this race to end" does not always work, for obvious reasons. :D

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out.

I find the total results confusing with the multiple placements for drivers in the different regions events. I'm sure they make sense but is there a way to have a combined result that shows a single overall placement per driver?
Maybe some sort average for all three or best 2/3 1/2 1/1?
Could be good incentive to do more then one event.

Last edited:
@Kalem, send GTP_JTV a friend request... we'd like to use a friends only lounge for the AU race and you are the only one not on his friends list. Or if you aren't racing let us know. For now we are still in the public room listed above.

Thanks for posting and letting me know. I had work and hence wasn't able to race (I was down as maybe). Didn't get a chance to post in the thread. Hope the race went well for everyone

Hey just tell you I qualified 3rd in my race not 5th I finshed 5th tho. This my best start so I have say something.

Strange, we have you qualifying 3rd with a 1'22.837... @Gravitron was hosting I believe so I don't have anything to check against.

EDIT: Found the issue and it's being corrected. The data was entered correctly, but there was some transposing in the formula that assigned the data to a driver.

Thanks for posting and letting me know. I had work and hence wasn't able to race (I was down as maybe). Didn't get a chance to post in the thread. Hope the race went well for everyone

Yah, no problem as you were on reserve. We moved to a friends only room since it was a small group and just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were going to show at the last minute. Once the host opens a friends only room there is no way to join that room unless you were a friend *before* the room was created.

We've got to get the community features or figure something out because we've had randoms disrupt a couple races already. Depending on the counts next week, we may try to arrange the NA races as well using a friends only lobby. If we know the hosts ahead of time we'll ask everyone that might be assigned to that lounge to add them to their friends list...

Last edited:
...We've got to get the community features or figure something out because we've had randoms disrupt a couple races already...

I wonder what is going through a person's mind when they enter into a room listed as Private or has an obvious title that it is for only certain people like for a club or group. :confused: Some are just curious as to what the GTP rooms are about and I get that, but a lot are just idiots looking to pick a fight or maybe just like to enter random rooms having not a clue as to what they are doing. :rolleyes: I've seen a few that get all ticked off when we tell them it is a GTP only room and throw a hissy-fit. :irked: What did you think the room was that had a series of random letters and numbers (like the BMW race with the Roman Numerals)? :dunce:

Some of them are punks looking to cause trouble for sure. We had two guys join the AU race at Apricot Hill without about 3-4 laps to go and they were on a mission to disrupt the race. Heckling, telling each other how much time they had before the host was done the race and could kick them, etc. We ended up needing the entire 3 minute race finish delay so they had a good 6-7 minutes of swearing and goading us before we could kick them. Not cool.

In other cases it's people blindly joining a lounge and most of those leave on their own, but it still causes a problem. First, there is the message that pops up and I often look to see if someone DC'd or has an emergency message. Plus there is often a lag spike when guys join the lobby and less often when they leave. It's just better to avoid it at all costs I think.

If the drivers don't mind and we can get our pool of hosts on everyone's friends list ahead of time we can really avoid it all together. The issue is I'm not certain every host has room on their friends list for 30-40 additional friends and potential shuffling each week. The alternative is to use the max driver limit and set it to the exact amount needed. That would require us putting a hard deadline on reserves -- or moving to the final lounge 10 minutes prior to the race with the max driver count equal to the guys in the lounge. Due to connection issues that's not really a great setup except for cases like AU where the grid is small and everyone seems to have a solid connection (and there is no room shuffling).

Personally, I think using the friends only option is the best choice and public if that's not feasible for a particular situation/host.

PS> In GT5 we used a shared private lounge, but the couple occasions we used public lobbies we labeled every room with *PRIVATE* and that almost made it worse. It prevented some of the harmless guys from joining, but it was a glowing light for the idiots who were on a mission to disrupt.

I can't find is the any statistic about online racing? It would be interesting to know how many times every racer participate in online race and their results.

I can't find is the any statistic about online racing? It would be interesting to know how many times every racer participate in online race and their results.

I think you can find that information in the Merged Race tables that they put up after the race is complete. However, that would mean that you need to go to each thread in the Archive and search for them manually. I have no idea if there is one place for all of that information to be stored. If there is, I don't know about it.

Back