GTP WRS-Online Event 4 : ImPozzibly Big RS - February 19, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 167 comments
Great race guys... in the A room we didn't even get close to dark... have to check replay for the actual time at the end.

The quali started at 6:30 AM... unfortunately with headlights on... the other cars headlights crossed over our planes of existence so I had to watch 10 little lights going around track in front of me... I followed one into the sand on a good lap and ended up qualifying about 0.7 below my best lap. Ouch. Started 5th, but the two guys in front had some issues and Speedy and I got through in 3rd 4th. My plan was to save and save and save tires and Speedy was pushing me... he had a good shot at a pass once, but decided not to risk a dive into turn 1 so backed off a bit. I picked up the pace a bit and didn't give him another chance, but I couldn't really drop him. Anyway, managed all laps without touching sand and coming in 3rd so happy about that. Would have been interesting to see if I had qualified 3rd how long I could have held onto the two leaders, but from 5th they were gone by the time I moved up to 3rd.

PS> Room A: Winner passed the line before 6:15 PM game time and last driver passed at 6:45 PM. We could probably set the start time to 7:00 AM (or 6:50) if we want to remove those headlights during quali.

Last edited:
what a race! i was very surprised when i won quali :-o i never lead formation lap, so i hope it was according to the rules. whole race i had small lead in front of cauttsy and i was scared all race that i'll touch the sand. i was really surprised that i didn't make no big mistake.. so my second race here and first win.. i'm so happy.. thanks for hosting this superb race! i'm looking forward to next race! :gtpflag:

Thanks everyone in the room B for a fun race night :gtpflag:

Unfortunately I can not participate Wednesday next week because I have to work evenings :banghead:

Qualified 4th. Lap 2 I was battling with @couttsy21 and somebody else for 2nd, before going wide on the final corner, which put me last. Lap 3, and my HDMI cable disconnected, which made my screen blue and when I got it back connected I was in the sand. By lap 9 however, I was back up to 5th, due to people leaving and spinning and stuff. A couple laps later, my HDMI cable disconnected again, but luckily I only lost one position. Regained 5th, and stayed there until the end.

Lap 3, and my HDMI cable disconnected, which made my screen blue and when I got it back connected I was in the sand.
I have moved my ps3 to a separate furniture item to prevent just this. So I can keep my wheel feedback rather strong.

Congratulations @WillRacer31 for a great win!

I was happy with my lap in qualifying which was a personal best, and I didn't expect that at all. But I knew that the work had to be done in the race, because Will had been very fast and consistent in yesterday's practice races. I took a conservative approach the first couple of laps. Then I dipped 2 wheels in the grass at the first corner and lost 2 seconds. Managed to fight back to the lead, but I wasn't calm anymore and messed up the last corner in lap 23. I decided to pit immediately. On the fresher tires I knew I had to make up a lot of ground to even come close to Will again. I pushed and got a little closer, but on lap 32 I went off again :ouch: Still, an enjoyable race. Once again, great job there Will 👍

Congratulations @WillRacer31 for a great win!

I was happy with my lap in qualifying which was a personal best, and I didn't expect that at all. But I knew that the work had to be done in the race, because Will had been very fast and consistent in yesterday's practice races. I took a conservative approach the first couple of laps. Then I dipped 2 wheels in the grass at the first corner and lost 2 seconds. Managed to fight back to the lead, but I wasn't calm anymore and messed up the last corner in lap 23. I decided to pit immediately. On the fresher tires I knew I had to make up a lot of ground to even come close to Will again. I pushed and got a little closer, but on lap 32 I went off again :ouch: Still, an enjoyable race. Once again, great job there Will 👍
yeah great race PASM, my aim in that race was just to follow you around and see what i could do at the end. Luckily a gap opened up and i managed to ease it to the end. a couple more laps and you would've been on me i think. great driving by everyone !

yeah great race PASM, my aim in that race was just to follow you around and see what i could do at the end. Luckily a gap opened up and i managed to ease it to the end. a couple more laps and you would've been on me i think. great driving by everyone !

Not by everyone, I must've been off 8 times :ouch:.

Congrats on your first WRS win :cheers:. Hope I didn't distract you too much while unlapping myself, had very fresh tires.

Rewatch what happened in the A room. http://www.twitch.tv/speedy6543/b/504734015
Especially at 19min in the video. ;)

Watched some of your feed after the race... you were definitely driving more aggressively than I was, especially the final corner. I was too chicken to test the boundaries, but you managed a few little dirt encounters early and came up OK (until late in the race I think?). A couple times I thought about just driving more quali type laps, but resisted the temptation as there was just too much to lose. Once the tires got a little worn (maybe around lap 14) I think I had the edge though as the conservative driving early made it easier to handle the car late in the stint.

Tip of the day:
Don't do a leg workout one hour before a 35 lap race. 51+ minutes of throttle and braking and I felt like I had just run 5 miles.

Good racing in room B!
Thought I'd spend more time at the beach but managed to keep 2 wheels on track all race.

Tip of the day:
Don't do a leg workout one hour before a 35 lap race. 51+ minutes of throttle and braking and I felt like I had just run 5 miles.

Haha I broke some PB's last night doing shoulders, and I was feeling the burn during the race.

Legs day before the NA race tonight :mischievous: :scared:.

Not by everyone, I must've been off 8 times :ouch:.

Congrats on your first WRS win :cheers:. Hope I didn't distract you too much while unlapping myself, had very fresh tires.
cheers bro. the overtake was all good :) i could see you were way faster and i was going to let you by that lap anyway

Pre NA / AU practice. 1472-6399-8580-0416-1148. Not sure how long I am staying, just want to run enough laps to get feel for worn tires.

NA drivers, please update your status! If you can't make it to a room no later than 2hrs from now, please change to reserve status. With a few drivers committed who have no-showed before, it's hard to know right now if we'll be 1 lounge or 2.

Here, I'll make it easy for you: :P

In 45min from now we'll be using the info we have at that time to decide, and then post the room info.

Was a good time in the EU C race, having drivers close to my time was more pressure as there was the possibility I may get a place if I made no mistakes, in the end there was no shortage of mistakes and you pay dearly for them in the sand.
In the end the pressure was to not get lapped by RoesazGT and with newer tyres I was able to stay in front, good win with no stops RoesazGT.
Away next week but will get up early gain for the EU event after that.

It looks as though someone told my Gremlins that the race was about to start. :banghead: Seriously, 5 minutes before each race today and I cannot get a connection to hold. I am beyond 🤬 ticked. Everything was fine and dandy all day long (except for pitskater lag punting me across the entire infield, :D which I'm sure was the beginning of the lack of connectivity for me) until the scheduled race times approached. Once...chalk it up to bad luck. Twice...conspiracy!!! :sly:

Count me out today. :( At least there is a race this weekend. One can only do so many solo laps for the Time Trials. :P I need some Multi-Player action and missing the Camaro race would be too much without being able to race my MP4 during the Support Race on Saturday.

Update: I fixed the Internet. I can now race online without the Gremlins around my house messing with my Web connections. Sure, it's a day late, but better late than never. Now if we could only do something about PD's Internet Gremlins (aka PD's pisspoor Networking Department).

Last edited:
speaking of being slow, i assume the blue flag had something to do with being lapped. i was digging a ditch all day at work and was dreadfully slow. i apologize for this, will have more practice/focus next time.

Sorry for cutting it so close guys. Had a delay getting home from my son's soccer practice.

Was great to be out on track and have some fun. My strategy was to just take it easy and survive. Didn't even have my headset working for the race.:crazy:

Thanks and have a good night guys.

Back