GTP WRS-Online : Event 41: The Legacy, (really?) - June 20

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 91 comments
I've got a meeting for the first hour of practice, but I plan to set up the room early if nobody has already done so. Looks like a nicely sized field for EU this week. A little diversion from GTA is probably a good thing.

Thanks Pekka... if I do make practice it will be late... work is busy today.

Headed for the room now. I will get it set up and ready to go for N/A Practice

Al

Sorry for the delayed decision on this, but we are not going to mandate pits. Pits are open and you are welcome to pit whenever you want, but they are not required. After testing we feel there is significant enough wear that the majority will pit anyway and we'll just let it play out naturally. If you can manage 35 laps without a pit and maintain the pace to win then you deserve it!

UPDATE: The lounge is setup and open for pre-race practice.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I couldn't find the "cancel" option in the registration form. I suffer from some bad headache this evening, so I am not able to take part this time :guilty:

Damn, I was looking very much forward to this event...

Good luck to everyone!

Hi folks,

I couldn't find the "cancel" option in the registration form. I suffer from some bad headache this evening, so I am not able to take part this time :guilty:

Good luck to everyone!

Sorry about the headache. Hopefully see you in a future week. There is no cancel button, you just go to the registration form again and change your status to No (Cancel). I've taken care of it for you.

Hi folks,

Good luck to everyone!

To cancel, just re-register and select 'cancel' for the race(s) you cannot attend.
I updated the registration for you though, hope you feel better soon 👍

Edit: Tree'd by Tim (again ;)) I swear you have some sort of audible device that alerts you to new posts :D

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Robert.
Hope it'll be better in the morning.

Maybe next week then.

It's working fine - stop working for a CDN city that filters your internet :lol:

BTW Speedy, I'm a mod at Twitch TV :D - how did that happen? Gonna go ban Lucas from the chat...

BTW Speedy, I'm a mod at Twitch TV :D - how did that happen? Gonna go ban Lucas from the chat...

Yes you are Marc. You're a mod there since the beginning I started livestreaming.

Fooling around through the settings back then I made you a mod and couldn't find a way to turn it off again. :D
Still today I don't know how. :confused:
:lol:

BTW, read through the chat...
Hilarious!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you are Marc. You're a mod there since the beginning I started livestreaming.

Fooling around through the settings back then I made you a mod and couldn't find a way to turn it off again. :D
Still today I don't know how. :confused:
:lol:

BTW, read through the chat...
Hilarious!!! :lol:

Something weird was up with my typing...only happened on your channel though. Left random mesages on other channels to test :D
Keep me as a mod - I like the lightning bolt next to my name ;)

Good race 👍 Saw most of a great battle with you Jammy and Porche. What happened to Gooners? Think I saw him hit the wall in the final turn at one point.
Also looked like 1 vs no stop came out pretty even - unless you are named Wes - then it's never even :lol:

Official results:

event41_res_eu.png

Congratz to Wes for another great race... and Pekka for making him work for it so hard to get the win. I was lucky to keep 3rd holding off a hard charging GTP_orsche... one more lap and I was off the podium.

It was a really fun race, but for some reason very tiring... I am about as shot as I was after the enduro???

PS> Speedy, post the live stream chat transcript so we can all read it!

Something weird was up with my typing...only happened on your channel though. Left random mesages on other channels to test :D
Keep me as a mod - I like the lightning bolt next to my name ;)

Good race 👍 Saw most of a great battle with you Jammy and Porche. What happened to Gooners? Think I saw him hit the wall in the final turn at one point.
Also looked like 1 vs no stop came out pretty even - unless you are named Wes - then it's never even :lol:

From what he said in the lounge after the race (and during the race on the mic), gooners crashed trying to avoid my glitching/lagging car ... nobody else saw me glitching, but supposedly I was all over the place in his view... in walls and in the grass. Weird because he was rock solid in my picture.

Gooners was hard to pass as always... I was going to hold off GTP_orsche without a fight, but I couldn't get by gooners for two laps (and he was on 30+ lap tires). After the first lap trailing him I was on his bumper going down the straight and he moved inside so I passed outside and we battled it out under braking going into turn one, but he was inside so I had to give way. Then he had no tires so I had to follow him through the entire sector before passing at the top of the hill before the tunnel. We went two wide into the high speed left after the tunnel which is nearly impossible, but he wasn't going down easy. gooners then crashed on the final turn and left GTP_orsche without anything between him and my bumper and I had lost about 3 seconds of the gap.

Then on the straight leading to the final turn on the final lap Shawn thought about diving to the inside of the final corner, but that would have ended pretty ugly and he backed off after just a little tap. Unfortunately there was no way to pass safely except a couple spots... One more lap and he had me on the front straight for sure. He probably could have made it a photo finish had he tucked in behind and tried to make a run down the straight, but after he backed off I had enough room to finish ahead.

Last edited:
PS> Speedy, post the live stream chat transcript so we can all read it!

No, he can't. Unless he's comfortable editing out all my swearing, or taking a huge hit with AUP violation points. My typing was missing every other letter, then I started with tons of swearing out of frustration :lol:

Congratz to Wes for another great race... and Pekka for making him work for it so hard to get the win. I was lucky to keep 3rd holding off a hard charging GTP_orsche... one more lap and I was off the podium.

I had a huge run on you coming down the hill to the final corner on the last lap. When we got to the kink, my line put me into the grass and caused me to bump into you pretty hard. That's when I decided it was better to back off and not risk anything else.

I got stuck in that train for 16 laps which held me up a ton. When I finally broke away I was gaining quickly and by the time I pit on lap 20 I had taken 5 seconds out of the gap I had to the lead. Was 9.5 seconds back when I pit and 38 seconds back when I came out. For a while Iw as taking 1-2 seconds out of that lead until the last 6-7 laps where I was only taking out tenths. I think if I could have gotten away from the group in the beginning sooner than I did, I could have been pretty close to the leaders.

Thought you ran a no stopper Tim, and Shawn too. Is a no stop strategy too tough or were you just being really careful?

Only Wes, Pekka and Gooners went without pitting.

They all had no tires at the end of the race. It's doable, but pretty tough. I pit on lap 20, which was 2 laps after Tim, and I only pit because my front tires were half gone, even though I was still running really fast laps. If it was possible in the game to not change all four tires during a stop, a 1 stop would be the best strategy.

I had a huge run on you coming down the hill to the final corner on the last lap. When we got to the kink, my line put me into the grass and caused me to bump into you pretty hard. That's when I decided it was better to back off and not risk anything else.

I got stuck in that train for 16 laps which held me up a ton. When I finally broke away I was gaining quickly and by the time I pit on lap 20 I had taken 5 seconds out of the gap I had to the lead. Was 9.5 seconds back when I pit and 38 seconds back when I came out. For a while Iw as taking 1-2 seconds out of that lead until the last 6-7 laps where I was only taking out tenths. I think if I could have gotten away from the group in the beginning sooner than I did, I could have been pretty close to the leaders.

At the end of the first stint you were closing like a rocket. That forced me to the pits. I don't know if you heard me, but you got such a run at the end of the double left at the top of the hill that I literally said "Wow" at the top of the hill. You probably gained 2 seconds in the exit of that one corner! One more lap on those tires and you would have been ahead by 3 seconds.

Thought you ran a no stopper Tim, and Shawn too. Is a no stop strategy too tough or were you just being really careful?

No way... I eat tires for breakfast and no chance of a one stopper. I'd say a no stopper could be faster, but it takes the correct situation and driving and is very high risk. Plus I think you'd need to start near the front and establish a nice gap and maybe draft the fastest guys. Actually, my starting situation would have been perfect given I took off with the two burners, but I don't have the skill set to save tires and still drive fast. [correction, i don't have the skill set to drive fast on new tires either if you compare me to the likes of the top 2. :dunce:]

Last edited:
Congratulations Wes, pekka, and Tim for the top spots.

Special mentions to Porsche and Jammy. You guys had very good pace, always in contention for the podium.

When Tim was a second behind, he started glitching. I took to the grass to avoid you, though a second later you were 25 meters away. Once on grass couldn't get car to slow and understeered into wall. Wouldn't have held him till the end of the race anyways, just didn't have the pace this combo.

Already looking forward to next week's race :).

Definitely heard the "Wow". :lol:

A few laps before that, I noticed that the group I was stuck in was about 5 seconds behind you and that's when I made the decision to get out of that pack and see what I could do and I was faster on my own than I was in that group.

And yes, a no stopper would be faster, but it's a matter of being able to manage the front tires for the entire race. Rear tires aren't even an issue. Overall with that pit stop I made and differences in tire wear, I lost 10 seconds from lap 20 to the finish of the race to Wes.

Back