GTP WRS-Online : Event 41: The Legacy, (really?) - June 20

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 91 comments
Put this together today. Warning, there is no editing and I didn't have much time so I just grabbed some footage of the early laps. Good stuff. If you are on the fence this is a really good race with many close battles waiting for you. 👍

Room is open for pre-race practice guys 👍
I'm not in there at the moment, but it's ready to go, and I think Tim is in as well.

Great race guys!

event41_res_na.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good racing guys. That was tough from lap 1 to lap 35. I'm ready for my month off now. :lol:

Great race. 👍 Apologies again for the carelessness on my part. Sliding out in front of 4 guys on lap 2, slowing everybody up, smacking Speedy a couple times. Nothing that killed anyone's race, but not nice either. :ouch:

Shawn looked like he was going to charge up and give Pekka a what-for, until that darn bathroom called. 👍

In the end I was lucky due to unlucky crap happening to good people, so thank the karma-police for that.

Good race 👍 Saw most of a great battle with you Jammy and Porche.

Special mentions to Porsche and Jammy. You guys had very good pace, always in contention for the podium.

Thanks. Maybe i'm not yet ready to podium but some day :)
This was my first WRS's race that i didn't make any big mistake and really enjoy this one. Also one of my favorite track - maybe that's why i had so good race. There was many good/tight battles and close racing - wow!

The Impreza really made it easy. No downforce and AWD. Lots of close racing that lead to a bit of contact, but nothing major.

If I had qualified better, I could have been up with the lead in both races, but I just couldn't get a fast lap in qualifying for either race. But, that second race. I went from 6th to 2nd in about 3 laps I think.

Sliding out in front of 4 guys on lap 2...

Tonight, on "It's the Mind", we examine the strange phenonmenon of deja-vu.

NFtjKSPzsbVqaNmNAj_0.jpg

Sorry! Had that there forever, couldn't resist :D

Last edited:
Oh, but last night was MUCH closer than the above picture. The fact that no one got caught up in it was astounding considering we were all bumper-to-bumper at that point.

If tire wear wasn't on, it would have been 35 laps of highway driving. :lol:

GTPorsche
Oh, but last night was MUCH closer than the above picture. The fact that no one got caught up in it was astounding considering we were all bumper-to-bumper at that point.

You should have seen the dodge-and-weave just after that! It was actually just the sheer coincidence of the description that made me remember. Maybe a caption contest? Pix please! (Must... not... give... Lucas... grief)

Yeah, the scooby and DF was a great get-in-and-go combo for close racing. I think I had 2-3 laps total warmup and practice with online and wear on before I had to quali, and still had good battles.

Ah... I think it's safe to say that I "got caught up in it" :lol: I slammed into Lucas and Speedy when the both went side by side "into the mountain" and basically came to a stop. Got freight trained by at least half the pack after that. Made me wish we were running with penalties on still as I could have driven right through their ghosts. :sly:

PS> That picture above is just classic. Lucas, Lucas, Lucas. :D

Oh, I didn't know anyone got impeded by that. :lol:

Shame my bladder did let me down though. I could have easily had a podium finish.

Had a great time racing with this combo! Here are a few pictures of the N/A race!

Al

DeepForestRaceway_19.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_18.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_15.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_13.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_11.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_9.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_7.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_5.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_2.jpg

Mark's (Hydro's) pit crew wondering where he went? "Ummm the tires are changed dude!"
DeepForestRaceway_1.jpg

This is what 9/1000th's of a second looks like! Daniel (ASpecBob) and GTP_orsche at the finish line.
DeepForestRaceway.jpg

Hey, thanks for that picture Al, I had just been trying to get that shot but I was never happy with it because we weren't right on the finish line. Shawn had been catching up on me quite fast in the last laps of the race and I thought I didn't need to worry... but my tires were making it a bit hard to keep a good pace and on the final lap I took that final turn way too conservatively. I even downshifted afterwards to try to accelerate more, don't know whether that made a difference or not...

Anyway, if it hadn't been for Shawn having to go... ah... see a man about a horse, I would have been quite alone at the finish line.

And Al, if was quite fun battling it out with you for a few laps, it was a nice change from the last few races which were a bit lonely most of the time!

I agree, you kept me honest for a good 10+ laps! It was fun! I see you are ahead of me on GTA, so off to the wheel I go!

Al

Nic Pics Al! This one looks like some kind of fighter jet formation:

DeepForestRaceway_9.jpg

This one is very artistic, i love it!! Shame the trees are not very well modeled.

thanks for this shoot ;)

Thanks Litchi! Your photos are inspiring, you have got me playing with shutter speeds and filters etc etc!

Al

Anyone up for an Attack Format of this Combo, Saturday 23 June 20:00 GMT?

I'm about 40/60 that I'll there , it would be great to race on this track one more time.

Sorry guys, I can't make it today. But I'll run Bspec remote races all day to make up for it. :P

Gravitron
Sorry guys, I can't make it today. But I'll run Bspec remote races all day to make up for it. :P

What your wife won't let you run another 8 hour session today? :lol: you have to give me your secret as to how you manage that. :dopey:

About to take off... Good luck gents.

That's ok Lucas. We'll see how many show up and go with that.

Have a safe trip Tim, enjoy it.

Lounge is open. :)

EDIT:
It'll be 2 x 15 laps.

Last edited:
Back