GTP WRS-Online : Event 42: Supraman IX - June 27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 102 comments
I see what you mean, my best time was roughly 2 seconds slower in the lounge, seemed to feel lighter too for some reason and more slidey

Also remember to set the room up the same way we do for the races. Tire wear and fuel consumption needs to be set to "On" and make sure you have the grip reduction on the track edge at "Real".

Also remember that we don't allow active steering.

All of that makes for a much different driving experience as compared to Arcade, especially that first lap on cold tires and later laps on worn tires.

I just signed up for NA, then I remembered that I committed to go golfing on Wednesday after work. :ouch:

Yes tyre wear was on, it was after the Saturday Attack races that I was a total washout at :lol:

I don't use active steering either, I try not to use any aids most of the time, tend to use abs on high powered cars though.

Yes tyre wear was on, it was after the Saturday Attack races that I was a total washout at :lol:

I don't use active steering either, I try not to use any aids most of the time, tend to use abs on high powered cars though.

Don't worry about being over matched in the Saturday Attack races. You have to remember many of those guys ran an entire week of time trials using the exact car/track then most, if not all, ran one or two races on Wednesday as well. They just had much better preparation where you just hopped in. Next week you'll be on more event footing.

That being said the D1 guys are sick fast (Madmax had a 1st and 2nd on Wednesday) as are the top D2 guys... so it's not uncommon for some of them to run a way at times. Just wait until you run into a D1-Gold guy on track (or w-g-e who is an alien hiding in silver paint). :sly:

Running the time trials the week before the races is a really great way to maximize your potential and improve driving technique (in most weeks we do that, but can't this week because GTA 8-5 is the time trial). Whether you keep up with the leaders or not you should find some competition close to your level on Wednesdays when the grids are larger. We're in a bit of a summer "dip" at this point in participation -- that includes me because I'm on vacation -- and I expect next week to be smaller as people are probably needing a little downtime after GTA.

Might have to drop the EU race. I'll decide on Tuesday. If I make the EU practice, I'll make the race.

EDK
Also remember to set the room up the same way we do for the races. Tire wear and fuel consumption needs to be set to "On" and make sure you have the grip reduction on the track edge at "Real".

Also remember that we don't allow active steering.

All of that makes for a much different driving experience as compared to Arcade, especially that first lap on cold tires and later laps on worn tires.

Also, but I'm not certain about this, I suppose that using the car from the recommended garage vs. your own (even with tuning disabled) might make a difference. Anybody know for sure?

segovia
Also, but I'm not certain about this, I suppose that using the car from the recommended garage vs. your own (even with tuning disabled) might make a difference. Anybody know for sure?

Yes it's different.

Managed to do a little better in the lounge 1'23.316, I think I had it set up right but had tyre wear off.

I am in the lounge now for some much needed practice! BTW... NO CONES! :)

Al

I am out of the lounge now. I managed a 1'24'407 with half a fuel load. Tires had 6 laps on them.

Last edited:
Jumping in the lounge in ~12 minutes.

EDIT : ABS 3 brakes 0/3 : 1'20.825 first hot lap (after outlap , max fuel)

Last edited:
Jumping in the lounge in ~12 minutes.

Should be there in about 15 min

Managed to get into the 21's, got a 1:21.9xx but Pekka was flying as normal and got a 1:21.3xx.

Im only managing 8 laps on the tyres at the moment.

Signed up as a reserve for Wednesday night.

Last edited:
Golf moved to Tuesday, so I'm back in for Wednesday. :)

In for both; NA may be iffy if the day gets busy (yes, even on holidays...), but I'll update as necessary. I can maybe even *gasp*... practice!

Ran 15 minutes of practice tonight. Was hitting high 23's on 6 lap old tires, then ran a 1'21.972 on my second flying lap of the next run. Happy with that for now, as my WRS submission on this week was a 21.0xx. Quali is going to be intense in this one, with the opportunity to take some chances in places to make up loads of time, but risk disaster.

Forgot just how much fun this combo is, and really looking forward to Wednesday's race. 👍

BTW - ABS of 10 and BB of 2/4.

I'm ready for some practice.

Edit: I guess PSN has other ideas. 👎

Edit2: I guess restarting my PS3 was all that was needed.

Ran a 45 minute session before getting dc'd. Managed a 1'20.924 on a full tank.

Damn this is an addictive combo. I wish I was around when this combo was done, would've done it justice :sly:.

Would have stayed and practiced longer, but ended up with a headache so I cut my practice at midnight. Managed a 1:20.9 on my first lap in a practice qualifying run.

Overall I've got about 40 laps and one 6 lap race we ran, so I'm not expecting to do equal results of previous races. Only going to be running the NA race as I most likely won't wake up before EU race time.

I updated the google docs but I won't be able to make it to tonight's race either, I have to work a baseball game. Good luck in the races today.

Going to go in the lounge for a bit of practice, also got the new track DLC if anyone wants to have a try, dont know wether you are able to use it if you have not downloaded it but worth a try.

Try before you buy :)

I guess everyone got a taste of Motegi for free with GTA and they aren't in the business of giving things away. Why should they? I'll happily hand over my $$ anytime they release a track that's worth driving on. And this one qualifies. When you think about it... it's the price a good hamburger and well worth the cost with a lot less cholesterol.

I guess everyone got a taste of Motegi for free with GTA and they aren't in the business of giving things away. Why should they? I'll happily hand over my $$ anytime they release a track that's worth driving on. And this one qualifies. When you think about it... it's the price a good hamburger and well worth the cost with a lot less cholesterol.

Just saw your sig :lol:. As Tony the Tiger would say... ggggrr888!

Back