GTP WRS-Online : Event 42: Supraman IX - June 27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 102 comments
Fun race to watch guys. Congratz to James. Looks like Pekka was in line for a podium finish before he had to retire. Battle for 3rd was interesting the last stint. 👍

Dam, all I caught was the post race chat :(
Looking forward to tonight 👍 Congrats James!

A very intense race it was...

Congrats James on another very dominating win. 👍

EUSupramanresultsadjustedfordq.png

Marc, I always make sure the livestream videos are 'saved forever', so you can watch it over and over again. :P
You even can FFWD the boring parts then. :dopey:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done guys 👍

It says I made 3 stops, I'm sure I made 4.

And thanks to JTV and MadMax for dropping out so I wasn't last :lol:

edit

Ah it seems JTV didn't give in until the end, I couldn't work out where he was, every time a car passed I was expecting it to be him. :)

Last edited:
Sad I'm missing tonight and next week, guys. :( Good luck everyone. 👍

Sad I'm missing tonight and next week, guys. :( Good luck everyone. 👍

I'm with you Lucas. I almost had myself convinced to purchase a PS3 here in "vacation land" since GameStop has that good bundle offer right now with GT5 XL included. But in the name of "spousal relations" I thought better of it. :sly: Still tempting though. :dunce:

It says I made 3 stops, I'm sure I made 4.

It was getting late when I counted everyone's pits.
Adjusted the results as you will probably, most definitely know how many pits you took. :)

EDIT:
Livestream will be going up in about 17min.
www.twitch.tv/speedy6543

Last edited:
Congrats to Wes for doing what he normally does: Dominate :lol: :cheers:

NAResults.png

Just in case you are wondering (Tim), Wes quali'd with a DS3 after we joked about what he should do to handicap himself (his practice lap was 1'20.2xx or something absurd like that). From what I understand though he drove with both hands so he didn't really handicap himself for the race as per my wishes ;)

Well done on capturing your first Podium Shawn 👍 and :cheers: to Kevin for rounding out the top spots.
Really fun race guys! Looks like Saturday might be a race day for me this week :D

I was doing pretty good at the start of the race. Was extremely nervous during that stint since I hadn't lead a formation lap previously. I got my lead out to 5 seconds over Kev until Wes finally passed him. I was hoping Wes would catch and pass me before I needed to pit so I could attempt to get an advantage but when the pit cam switched I noticed him right behind me.

I exited the pits with about a 1 second lead and 3 laps later I just couldn't stay in front any longer. My fastest lap came during that period while I was doing my best to keep Wes behind me. I probably should have pit on the same laps Wes did, but it wouldn't have made any difference as I wouldn't have cut down the gap to him.

I was more surprised on that first pit stop that I managed to get out of the pits without losing a position. I had no idea I had pulled out that much of a gap on the rest of the field not named Wes. :lol:

I feel like I should be disappointed with how far off the lead I finished, but there was no way I could have gone faster without making mistakes. No disappointment though because I only had one minor mistake towards the end of the race where I met the mountain after that sweeping left at the bottom of the backstraight. The car seemed to get a bit more lively on lower fuel as I was unable to run lap times I did earlier in the race.

Edit: I didn't realize it, but this was the longest race I've been in for online racing.

Last edited:
5 pits lol, I couldnt look after my tyre's at all with this combo. The plan was for a four stop stratergy and pit around every 9 laps but with no tyre noise, one mistake and a little incident (sorry to Litchi when I ended up in front of him before the tunnel, you did well to avoid me sorry.) I had to take a second early pit on lap 16 because my tyres were shot.

But overall was happy with the pace I was running with this combo and if I took the last stint a bit easier maybe I would'nt of needed 5 pits :).

5 pits lol, I couldnt look after my tyre's at all with this combo. The plan was for a four stop stratergy and pit around every 9 laps but with no tyre noise, one mistake and a little incident (sorry to Litchi when I ended up in front of him before the tunnel, you did well to avoid me sorry.) I had to take a second early pit on lap 16 because my tyres were shot.

But overall was happy with the pace I was running with this combo and if I took the last stint a bit easier maybe I would'nt of needed 5 pits :).

I noticed a tendency of the engine noise to drown out the tire noise. Do you mean that you literally had no tire noise, or that it was not prominent enough?

Either way, that's actually an admirable finishing position with 5 stops. :eek:

For the NA race, congrats to Wes on (another) win, and Congrats to Shawn on his first podium, doing it in style. 👍

My race was interesting. Wes was on my tail for the first 9 laps or so, until my tires started to wear down to the extent that he was able to get a launch on the back straight and pass me in the most sensible spot.

As it turns out, not only did he qualify with DS3, but he ran the race with ABS 0, the reason he was being cautious and not trying to pass me early on. :crazy:

The car was acting funny at turn in toward the end of my first stint. I pitted after lap 12, and realized I forgot to set the BB on the formation lap. I fixed that while exiting the pits and was lucky to get it in and still fully accelerate, as I came out with very little room to spare to Speedy and Hydro. I managed to keep that gap, and they eventually dropped back.

The rest of my race was pretty uneventful. I tok my final stop on lap 33, leaving me with 2 11 lap stins and 2 10 lap stints. The only other car I saw on track was Daniel when I lapped him with 5 or 6 laps to go. I ended up spinning at T1 and giving it back with 3 or so laps to go, and lost 10 seconds, leaving me with absolutely zero hope of catching Shawn, which I did not think was going to happen anyhow.

I really enjoyed the combo for the second go around. 👍

EDK
I noticed a tendency of the engine noise to drown out the tire noise. Do you mean that you literally had no tire noise, or that it was not prominent enough?

Had no tire noise at all, it took me a few laps to notice it and it was only when I seen the tyres turn red that I relized there was no tyre noise, so I listend out for it more and never heard a thing, its the first time its happend to me since the release of the game.

EDK
Either way, that's actually an admirable finishing position with 5 stops. :eek:

Cheers, I knew I had some pace with this combo and thought I might just challenge for a podium, but things happen and it's all fun.

It was getting late when I counted everyone's pits.
Adjusted the results as you will probably, most definitely know how many pits you took. :)

www.twitch.tv/speedy6543

Actually, now I've had a little longer to think, I was just about to make my 4th stop when the race ended, I confused myself :crazy:

No need to change it again mate, sorry to put you out in the 1st place, I'd had a few beers when I posted :)

What does the column mean with the Triangle? I remember seeing it somewhere but can't remember.

Overall I enjoyed my 1st race, had a few slight mistakes that put me into the wall or facing the wrong direction, besides that I thought I drove quite well just nowhere near as fast as the rest of you guys.

Before I race again I need to map the left and right views back to the wheel buttons and the rear view somewhere too, I had no idea who was behind me, I think I held some of the guys up who were lapping me but if I'd of known I'd of let them go.

Triangle = Delta = Greek mathematical symbol for change.

In other words, it's the difference betwwen your starting and finishing positions.

I think I held some of the guys up who were lapping me but if I'd of known I'd of let them go.
I was behind you last 6 laps trying to over take you. Once i did it but you take it back on next corner. Then i let it be because it didn't make any difference on the result.

EDK
Triangle = Delta = Greek mathematical symbol for change.

In other words, it's the difference betwwen your starting and finishing positions.

Ah cool thanks.

I was behind you last 6 laps trying to over take you. Once i did it but you take it back on next corner. Then i let it be because it didn't make any difference on the result.

Yes I remember, a good little battle :)

No need for that, I know where I was

I don't think Jammy was trying to rub anything in, just subtle pointing out that when being lapped (as opposed to battling for position) drivers shouldn't battle for position. This series follows the OLR and there is pretty clear language on that.

I wasn't in the race so just inferring from the discussions here in the thread.

In any case, it can be hard to figure out who is who at times with the limited information given to us in the game. Especially if you don't have rear view mapped as the rear view mirror doesn't show the driver name.

Anyway, I'm sure neither the battle on track or the comment above were done with any bad intentions.

There's also that whole language barrier thing and lack of tone on the intertubes.

On the G27, I've got L/R, Rear, handbrake and reverse, and one I use for headlights/flash. RA is over on the D-pad on the shifter unit. I don't know how you'd handle it with two buttons, but L/R sounds crucial there - shame you can't map both together as rear view; you might consider fixing a DS3 (set to controller 1) somewhere handy; I've heard of folks taking third party controllers apart to make button boxes and such.

Did you wind up getting the F1 rim, Tim?

Yes, I have the F1 rim, but it's in the box still and will be installed on my return home. I made a temporary fix to my paddles that got me thru the last few weeks. Also got a new replacement paddle kit from TM so I should be in good shape for a while.

I guess the curtain will be pulled back on the new fanatec wheel tomorrow as reviewers can release their info... I'll be watching closely.

Thinking about getting the CSW Tim? Are you just fed up with all the issues you've had or just hoping that the CSW is a better wheel? I love the T500 but the issues annoy the hell out of me and I know you've had far more than I have.

mcfizzle
Thinking about getting the CSW Tim? Are you just fed up with all the issues you've had or just hoping that the CSW is a better wheel? I love the T500 but the issues annoy the hell out of me and I know you've had far more than I have.

Not really at this point as I haven't even tried the F1 attachment for my T500 yet, but I'll keep my eyes open on the new fanatec as I am not throwing more $$ after this T500 when the warranty is up. I really like the look of those pedals.

Back