GTP WRS-Online : Event 42: Supraman IX - June 27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 102 comments
I don't think Jammy was trying to rub anything in, just subtle pointing out that when being lapped (as opposed to battling for position) drivers shouldn't battle for position. This series follows the OLR and there is pretty clear language on that.
Anyway, I'm sure neither the battle on track or the comment above were done with any bad intentions.

Thanks Tim. That's what i'm trying to say - no bad intension just the reminder of OLR rules.

Ok no worries, when I said a good little battle I meant it as at that moment in the race, not the fight for position, I actually thought everyone behind me was going to drop me down a place so I tryed to hold on as long as possible, when Jammy did pass me I knew I was just being lapped again but then he didn't take one of the next turns so good and I slipped by again.

I'll remember to re-map my views again, I swapped rear view for ghost when doing TT's.

:)

Sorry for the delay. Here are a few captured moments of the races. No watermark this week. My computer passed away I am waiting for delivery of a new one.

Al

TrialMountainCircuit_10.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_8.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_7.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_6.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_4.jpg

How did this crew member walk through the vehicle?
TrialMountainCircuit_3.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Great shots Al 👍 Gotta love the premium details :D

Is that my crew? Could explain a few things....:lol:

Great shots Al 👍 Gotta love the premium details :D

Is that my crew? Could explain a few things....:lol:

No it was my crew! I hear he has a fractured hip! Need a new right rear tire changer! Send resume to... GTP_Allibubba99 racing!

Al

:lol:
I love how the game handles layers. The right arm of the pit crewman is shaded because it's behind the passenger side window - indicating that items can be added / inserted into the cars.
Maybe it's a glitch that is there due to having different drivers for the cars? It sort of suggests the door can be opened seeing as the car has more than 1 layer.

Supraman IX EU Results Update:

After an incident review of lap 16 in the Supraman EU race the OLR Admins have made the following ruling:

On lap 16, insector 1, Gooners failed to maintain a safe distance from the car in front of him and initiated contact that sent Hasselmoff off track and into the outside wall causing Hasslemoff to lose 2 positions.
Gooners made no attempt to rectify the situation by allowing Hasslemoff to return to the track and re-take his pre-incident position as per Item 7 of the OLR:

OLR
07: Contact Concessions:

A:
If there’s contact between drivers that results in the guilty driver making up places on the innocent driver, the guilty driver should immediately allow the innocent driver to pass freely to re-establish their position. This rule should be observed, even if it means the guilty driver has to allow drivers not involved in the incident to pass while waiting for the driver they contacted.

B:
If the appropriate contact concession is carried out by the guilty driver then they may avoid or reduce the severity of any penalties that might otherwise apply.

C:
If the appropriate contact concession is not carried out by the guilty party then the usual penalties would apply.

D:
If you have to slow down to let the other player through, move out of the racing line first before you slow down. Coming to a full stop is not allowed, just continue at a lower pace until the other driver passes you again.

After reviewing the incident the decision has been made by the WRS Online Events Admins to Disqualify Gooners 2nd place finish in the EU race event.

The results have been updated to reflect this change.

EUSupramanresultsadjustedfordq.png

Most unfortunate.

Do you guys think, looking at my screen only, that from when Paul touches the grass, I had enough time to react considering my much higher speed? I believe I didn't, as it all happened so fast live (don't have the luxury of a replay when racing live). Was there anything you guys could have done to avoid contact if you were in my place?

I think there was no time to avoid the contact that for sure, but the point is those rules and contact confession (i had my own lesson of this role on other race).

Most unfortunate.

Do you guys think, looking at my screen only, that from when Paul touches the grass, I had enough time to react considering my much higher speed? I believe I didn't, as it all happened so fast live (don't have the luxury of a replay when racing live). Was there anything you guys could have done to avoid contact if you were in my place?

Jammy is exactly right. He has very little experience in our series, but he even understands our logic and motivation for the DQ.

We can't have people making calls on the fly as to who might be at fault when they punt another driver off the track. Imagine what our series would turn into if we allowed people to knock the driver in front off track anytime they made a mistake.

Mohit, this entire incident and it's resolution has been discussed at length in several PM's to you and between the Moderators in the WRS Moderators forum.

Your conclusion that the Moderators do not understand the OLR or how it's applied and are incapable of reviewing incidents properly is highly insulting. We have no intention of changing the rules to suit you or any other individual who disagrees with a unanimous decision.
We had the decency to hold all discussions with you privately so that you understood the reasons for our decision before we posted the resolution in the thread - a post which you were also forewarned of.

Your attempt to turn the thread into a public debate is simply not going to happen and is unbelievably disrespectful of both the job we do and our decision making process.

You are treading on thin ice right now with respect to this incident and your conduct following the decision to DQ your results with your 'appeals' and the dialogue they contained.
It is highly suggested that you simply drop the matter and stand by your original claim that you would respect our decision as final - something you clearly had no intention of doing from the start.

It is highly suggested that you simply drop the matter and stand by your original claim that you would respect our decision as final - something you clearly had no intention of doing from the start.

Yes but I thought common sense would prevail. And as Jammy said and Kevin agreed with him, I had no time to avoid the contact. Which means it's not my fault, which means I'm not required to carry out contact concessions. Simple logic.

Your attempt to turn the thread into a public debate is simply not going to happen and is unbelievably disrespectful of both the job we do and our decision making process.

There was nothing respectful about the answers I was getting back either. After I sent you guys the appeal referencing the video, the view count went up by only 1-2, showing that the whole team didn't look at my appeal where I highlight my innocence in the matter in excruciating detail.

You are treading on thin ice right now with respect to this incident and your conduct following the decision to DQ your results with your 'appeals' and the dialogue they contained.

I guess I have no choice now but to keep quiet. I love everything about this series way too much to want to leave, and have to cut my losses as they come.

Yes but I thought common sense would prevail. And as Jammy said and Kevin agreed with him, I had no time to avoid the contact. Which means it's not my fault, which means I'm not required to carry out contact concessions. Simple logic.

You've twisted my words into something they clearly were not. I said he's right, you needed to carry out the contact concession. Whether or not you could have avoided the collision is irrelevant.

You needed to wait after you punted a guy off the track. You didn't wait. You were DQ'd. End of story.

We've given you a lot more latitude here than we really need to.

As Marc stated, this is not a public debate. We've made our ruling. Any further suggestions that we were not fair or justified will be met with further actions on the part of the team.

Back