GTP WRS-Online : Event 43: Tokyo Two Step - July 4/5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 65 comments
I'm definitely out for the EU race.
As Tim mentioned mics would be very helpful this week in order to coordinate the quali, and car selections so hopefully they work out ok with all drivers in the room.

Noize, if there are 14 drivers and they are using a mic enabled room you won't be able to join for the second race.
Once the race numbers are confirmed (meaning in the lobby, just prior to the race start) a steward might want to post the final driver count just to be sure. Large rooms can be very picky networking wise, and ensuring the room doesn't crash has to be a priority.

I'm opening the Main lounge now for practice.

EDIT : Looks like Litchi is already there. How is his connection? Hostable?

EDK
I'm opening the Main lounge now for practice.

EDIT : Looks like Litchi is already there. How is his connection? Hostable?

We haven't had problems with Litchi's connection and considering Marc isn't able to host I think Litchi being host is a good thing... Especially for an EU race. 👍

EU Race 1 Unofficial Results (captured from Speedy's Feed):

eu_race1_results.png

EU Race 2 Unofficial Results (captured from Speedy's Feed):

eu_race2_results.png

Last edited:
Disconnected right after the race started. :ouch:

Can't rely on my internet connection to do anything right.

Fun race guys! Glad I'm making it to the NA race tomorrow.

Sorry Porsche about the DC. We figured something was wrong in the formation lap because you were jumping all over the place.

Here are the unofficial point totals from EU (need to double check formulas):

event43_res_eu.png

If you see an error let us know. Remember in the case of ties:

The first tie breaker is highest finishing position between the two sprint races (e.g. a driver with a 4th & 7th finish will win the tie breaker versus a driver with a 5th & 6th). Final tie breaker is finishing order in the first race which is run fastest first and based on qualification speed.

Last edited:
Had to drop out of the 2nd race due to baby issues, enjoyed both runs upto then.

Well done to the podium winners 👍

Fun race guys! Glad I'm making it to the NA race tomorrow.

Sorry Porsche about the DC. We figured something was wrong in the formation lap because you were jumping all over the place.

Yes, and everyone was jumping around on me. I hope I didn't make a mess of anyone's start because of it. Really made things difficult but I had no idea my router had decided to stop working right as the formation lap started.

Next time I'm resetting my router before I join the lounge.

A couple notes for future races to avoid distracting drivers in the race:

• If you join the lounge as an observer you should stay in the lounge for the entire race. Nobody is forcing you to actually be present and watch, but leaving half way through the race can be distracting. We will not be allowing observers in the future once the lounge hits 12 drivers unless special permissions is given to perform a race function (admin, host, coordinate, stream, etc).
  • If you have to quit the race, just quietly exit to the pits and/or exit to the lounge and post on the thread. Do not type a message in the chat window of the lounge. If possible stay in the lounge and don't exit until the race is complete.
  • Once the race has started don't enter the lounge. You'll see posts on the thread when the race is complete congratulating the winner, etc. and until you see those posts assume the race is still running and do not enter. We'll try to make it standard procedure to post to the thread between races when we are running multi-race events. So just follow the thread and join during the break. Or if Speedy is streaming you can see what's going on in the lounge before you enter and you should not enter once the race has started.

Great couple races tonight guys. Lots of tight racing throughout, I think I had somebody in my mirror and/or in-front of me most of the race, which always make it more fun 👍

It was a fun combo with the 2 cars, both quite different but made for some great wheel to wheel action.

Had a blast tonight, apart from my first race that was a total mess.
I arrived home late, hurried with the food to the play3 and tried to eat while driving,
guess what: not a good idea :)
Sorry for the guys that I bumped and the mess that I made in the formation lap for the second race, didn´t understand which starting position I´m in.

Second race was way better and I had some pretty good fighting with Kevin in the lambo, Mike in the gallardo and ealirendur with the benz.

Nice couple of shuffle races afterwards too 👍

Great race, sorry I had to take off so quick after the second race. 4th of July stuff plus had to do some work quick. Thanks to the admins for all the work. I will do a short write up tomorrow.

Edit: Race Report

Race 1: Trying to look back now there isn't a lot I can remember from this race. I started 12th IIRC in the SLS. I didn't have much speed with either car in the little practice sessions and qualifying so I wasn't expecting a whole lot from the day. I think I gained a few spots here or there and then benefited from a few people crashing on the backstretch somewhere. Speedy and I had an interesting moment entering the kink on the backstretch. I had a run exiting the corner before and I was to get door to door with him. I realized I couldn't complete the pass cleanly before entry and decided to lift and allow him to enter first. Problem was he decided to concede the position to me, which left us in the position neither wanted to be in, side by side entering the kink.:lol: A little door smack later we both exited pointing the correct direction and him ahead
a little. It was the last chance on track I had to pass him. I pitted after lap 10 and passed a couple drivers who pitted later or decided not to pit and lost their tires. The last lap was a lot of fun with 5 cars just about on top of eachother enter turn 1 and then 4 together exiting the final turn together heading down the front stretch. I ended up finishing 7th in the first race.

Race 2: I was slower in the Gallardo so wasn't expecting much from this race. I can't remember the lap but a few people misjudged the kink and I was able to get by and into 3rd behind Speedy and Captn D early on. I maintained a gap of about 3-6 seconds with them until they pitted. The whole time I was trying to decide whether to pit with them and hope for top5 or go for a win and stay out. I decided to go for the win and hope Gooners would get held up enough by other drivers and that I could build enough of a gap over Speedy and Captn D to hold on at the end. The max gap I saw was 24 seconds and it finished at just over a second.:D About two more corners and those guys would have blown past me. There was nothing left in my tires and it made for an interesting final 3 laps. I really had to brake early and coast through the corners the way the Gallardo was pushing and sliding.

Thanks to the admins and those who participated. I had a lot of fun as I always do in WRS/3D3 races.

Last edited:
Sorry guys but I'm going to pull out of tonights race. I must have injured my wrist yesterday during P90X. Today I get a sharp pain when I extend it or place a lot of pressure on it. It didn't feel comfortable in my car so better to pull out and get it better than make it worse during the race. Good luck to everyone. - Scott

Sorry guys but I'm going to pull out of tonights race. I must have injured my wrist yesterday during P90X. Today I get a sharp pain when I extend it or place a lot of pressure on it. It didn't feel comfortable in my car so better to pull out and get it better than make it worse during the race. Good luck to everyone. - Scott

Sorry to hear Scott, was looking forward to a rematch.

Lounge is open for practice. I will be away until 30 past the hour or a little before.

Sorry guys but I'm going to Be too late to race. Have a great race 👍

You're the medical guy so I'd say you know best. Get that wrist in good shape in time for the enduro and don't take any chances with it!

NA Quali Results (captured from Speedy's stream):

event43_quali_na.png

NA Race 1 Results (captured from Speedy's stream):

na_race1_results.png

NA Race 2 Results (captured from Speedy's stream):

na_race2_results.png

Last edited:
Between races, so come now if you are coming in to watch.

Had at least one moment with the Gallardo last night where I got on the brakes for turn 1 and it started swaying left and right which made it very unnerving trying to keep it straight and set up for the corner at the same time. I'd also rather not drive it in stock form again. Too much power to the front wheels for it's own good.

I was quite impressed with myself that I was able to keep up with Mohit for that entire first race, but I guess where the SLS falls short in straight line speed, it makes up for it in the corners. The finish would have been much closer amongst the top three if I didn't pinball it going though the fast right-left section.

Congrats on the double win Mohit and Ren for the double podium 👍
And to all the podiums for that matter :cheers:

Bummed I missed both races :(
No way I'll miss the Audi @GVS :D See you there guys.

Congrats Mohit for the overall wins, and to Scott, Wes and Ren(only winner in the SLS) getting individual wins and also to the other podium placers.

Here's a few photos from the NA races.

Race 1
7518355436_6a9940488c_c.jpg

7518356096_f341d6c710_c.jpg

7518355758_050eb97719_c.jpg

7518356296_d81b9b0058_c.jpg

7518357624_c6d9bc47f6_c.jpg

7518357180_0242230c79_c.jpg

7518357970_db08854133_c.jpg

7518358346_9f55d49b8c_c.jpg

7518358666_b03592bb72_c.jpg

7518359538_afdd04a970_c.jpg

and a couple from race 2

7518359858_a7f8e4da2d_c.jpg

7518359164_9a4e1c1f16_c.jpg

7518355204_f32ec3d1d4_c.jpg

Won't say much except to say I thought this was a surprisingly awesome combo - there seemed to be quite a bit of battling going on all over, tire management was needed even in the sprints, and strategy too.

The Gallardo was definitely the harder car to manage (at least for me), but the differences made for interesting racing, I think. I had a lot of trouble with it after about 6-7 laps or so. The fronts going off first, even slightly, makes it balanced like a hind-legged-only ox pulling a plough - I don't know how to manage that situation without making it worse (was trying to trail-brake already). Any thoughts?

I think Wes (and Scott?) proved the potential of the one-stop (madman, on DS3), though I wouldn't even try. I was pretty lucky in NA race 2, I think; had minimal incidents, though the potential for them was there; and I know stuff happened to slow those catching up behind me (with mohit charging up through the field).

Well, maybe go on a little bit.

Last edited:
Back