GTP WRS-Online : Event 46 : Twin Ring Twin Ring Motegi

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 125 comments
I know I lightly tapped Mohit a couple times in the NA race due to not getting on the brakes in time because I had no experience with being in a slipstream with the car and the slightly extra speed.

Those light taps weren't anything that gave me an advantage and even so, I stayed off the gas just a bit longer before powering out of the corners to give some room so I didn't gain any advantage from it.

WRP001
Nobody in this series should think tapping someone to pass them is legit regardless of how light the tap is or how much faster they are. That is 100% dirty. I hope when you say "a lot of drivers" you aren't referring to anyone here. If you know of someone who has or does use that tactic bring it to our attention and it will be dealt with swiftly.

In the many races (approaching 100) I've run in this series nobody has ever intentionally tapped me to make a pass. I've been punted completely off track a few times, but never on purpose and the driver has always waited for me so gained no advantage. The OLR requires a concession like that for the offending driver specifically to prevent that type of tactic.

All of us make braking mistakes from time to time, especially when we are in a tight pack. I know for a fact that I tapped a car in front once or twice yesterday between the two races (EU and NA) and I was lightly tapped a few times myself. But none of these incidents ended up with anyone spinning or off track and in no case was an advantage gained.

Just don't take advantage of that kind of mistake and don't make it a pattern and you'll be fine. I don't think there is a single driver in this group that has never accidentally tapped someone, even the aliens, so don't be hard on yourself either.

Con was completely fair. He waited for me to reenter, and he didn't bump me to gain an advantage. It was clearly a mistake. He apologized on the mic straight away.

I have really enjoyed my 2 weeks of racing here. Everyone is very kind, fair, and patient with us slower drivers. If a faster driver comes to make a pass, I know that if I hold my line, they will only pass if it can be done safely and cleanly. You guys have put together a great league. 👍

Con was completely fair. He waited for me to reenter, and he didn't bump me to gain an advantage. It was clearly a mistake. He apologized on the mic straight away.

I have really enjoyed my 2 weeks of racing here. Everyone is very kind, fair, and patient with us slower drivers. If a faster driver comes to make a pass, I know that if I hold my line, they will only pass if it can be done safely and cleanly. You guys have put together a great league. 👍

I wasn't accusing Con... just making sure he didn't know of anyone in this series that would use that tactic. 👍

Nobody in this series should think tapping someone to pass them is legit regardless of how light the tap is or how much faster they are. That is 100% dirty. I hope when you say "a lot of drivers" you aren't referring to anyone in this group. If you know of someone who has or does use that tactic bring it to our attention and it will be dealt with swiftly.

In the many races (approaching 100) I've run in this series nobody has ever intentionally tapped me to make a pass. I've been punted completely off track a few times, but never on purpose and the driver has always waited for me so gained no advantage. The OLR requires a concession like that for the offending driver specifically to prevent that type of tactic.

All of us make braking mistakes from time to time, especially when we are in a tight pack. I know for a fact that I tapped a car in front once or twice yesterday between the two races (EU and NA) and I was lightly tapped a few times myself. But none of these incidents ended up with anyone spinning or off track and in no case was an advantage gained. Well, I ended up off track rather than completely punt Hydro when I missed a braking point, but you get what I mean. :sly:

Just don't take advantage of that kind of mistake and don't make it a pattern and you'll be fine. I don't think there is a single driver in this group that has never accidentally tapped someone, even the aliens, so don't be hard on yourself either.

Not at all. Everyone in this series so far has shown excelent race manners in my book. I was actually thinking of some of the professional drivers in the NASCAR series when I made that comment.

We as admins can't really take all the credit for that though, the drivers in this series deserve most of the credit for bringing the right attitude to the track. It does make it worth putting in all the effort it takes to keep this thing running though. I look forward to Wednesday every week.

@ConRollins: I noticed you submitted your name to the 3D3 racing database again. Just to let you know you only ever have to do that once and you were added to the database back on March 1st so you are good to go. You only need to fill out the individual event registrations moving forward. Maybe you meant to sign up for an event and click on the wrong link? Not sure. Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed you updated your first name, and that has been updated in the database. 👍

Back