GTP WRS-Online Event 5 : 1(11) Yea(R)s - February 26, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 196 comments
Turning on my PS3 now.

OK, you got the last spot. We still have one confirmed that hasn't shown. So the last spot is open for MadMax or Vipond if they can join in the next 5 minutes.

Dang I tried so hard to make it in time for the race. I ran like a mad man home only ro see one lounge available. And to my dismay it was full. SIGH this sucks lol. Its ok though I can atleast try next week

Dang I tried so hard to make it in time for the race. I ran like a mad man home only ro see one lounge available. And to my dismay it was full. SIGH this sucks lol. Its ok though I can atleast try next week
The race started 20 minutes ago anyway I'm afraid, even had it not been full.

Grrr, running in 3rd and the dreaded PS3 freeze up happens or was it a dc. I was feeling good about this race, qualified 3rd, and running nice laps. Oh well it was not meant to be. :ouch:

Last edited:
Oh no I managed to get home exactly at 9:56 p.m. had to wait for game to load then got online saw they were still in the practice portion of the event. But couldn't join because the lounge was full and I couldn't find another one. . Grrr I'm so mad at myself I was so excited too. Oh well business before pleasure rught? Lol

Oh wow everyone is freezing it seem? Sure hope that when those gt5 servers get switched over to full time gt6 servers that the connections improve

The stability of GT6 on line is getting pretty frustrating. It would not have been so bad if I were at the back, but I was having a good race.
Yeh quite frustrating as you said. Sometimes a DC can't come too soon :sly: but when you're having a good time and doing well...damn that's annoying!

Yeh quite frustrating as you said. Sometimes a DC can't come too soon :sly: but when you're having a good time and doing well...damn that's annoying!

Ain't that the truth. I was running fifth, feeling pretty confident in the race, then I notice Patrick lagging a bit then BOOM.

Oh wow everyone is freezing it seem? Sure hope that when those gt5 servers get switched over to full time gt6 servers that the connections improve
Had one nano second freeze. Just enough for me to realize it had happened. But then again when you were going as slowly as a north atlantic convoy perhaps freezes don't matter lol

Thanks to Tim, I saw the end of the race. I think Andrew @doodlemonoply had his fastest lap on lap 35, that is crazy. Richard @See23 , another good race, you must really like this combo. Joe @otxjto , congrats on your podium.
No his 1'21.774 👍 was on lap 15, which followed a 21.8, and lap 35 was a 23.1. The live timing can be bugged and I don't even know if my replay that I have is correct. :dunce:
Looks like Will had a 21.6 in EU-A. :sly:

I do feel bad for your guys' DC's, trust me, I know. :grumpy: dpinho DC'ing early in the enduro and fairly early in this one, but yet going the distance for the win in EU-C, I just dunno, hard to find a pattern, except for "it's PD".

We have to just keep trying, or give up. Raging out like the GT6 forums are doing is not going to help (I'm not saying anyone here was...). If you keep trying, you'll get that gem of a race here and there, like Joe, Al, and I had tonight. :bowdown:
I had a total blast trying to catch them and then feeling the sweaty slog of trying to keep 3rd place, which turned into a couple mistakes and then trying to catch them again. :)
It's too bad it couldn't have also involved the 3 of you that DC'd. Sorry guys.

Thanks to Pekka, whose tune was very well balanced through the whole race. :cheers: The mistakes I made were not due to the car biting back, it was me taking a bad line due to letting my mind wander and ponder how lucky I'd been in the many laps beforehand. :P

Results should be up by Friday at the latest if there aren't any incident reports. The NA start was clean at 30sec and very well executed by all. I also saw many blue flags being observed without losing the lapped cars a lot of time. 👍

Nice win Andrew @doodlemonoply and great job on 2nd Richard @See23. :cheers:

I had a great race with Al @Allibubba99 and Lucas @Gravitron in first part , had me pushing trying to keep up. I think that was one of the first times we went that many laps without me ending up off track.:lol: Fun,clean racing!

Bummer about the disconnects guys, I know Patrick @patrick19602005 ,Eric @RacingOtaku86 and Daniel @Daniel Pinho all had me out paced in qualifying.

Very happy to have taken 3rd, even if it was because of a few of blown engines.:sly:

Thanks to everybody that showed up. I seen very good and clean driving from everyone, also thanks to all the stewards, for putting the time in to make these so fun and organized..

Tried to watch race direct from EU C room, but my PS3 freezed 2 times within first 15 min. Its a big sheim for PD...
Watched WRP001 livestream after that.

Grate win for Daniel. You was the beast :bowdown:
Loks EWeinbauer's race wasnt borring :lol: Congrats for taking 4 place from the last place :cheers:

Last edited:
hi guys,
yesterday the race was amazing i made it on 7 th place
but i need to say something
before joining this fantastic comunity ive been told from a very good friend of mine that i need to be very clean and not to make any mistakes and derive very safe to keep everything nice
but unfortunatly yesreday race wasnt clean from some racers and ive been kicked out of race 3 times atleast
i kept driving safe even when i had the chance to pass easily but again some people wasnt driving safe and clean
i wont tell names but if u see replays you can find

thanks anyway and hope next race would be clean as my expactations

best regards,

AU/NZ room up. Not sure I'll be able to host people from across the globe; if not, we'll switch to someone else hosting. Let us know here if you have problems joining.

1472-6681-3716-3557-4056

Set it for 8 people.

hi guys,
before joining this fantastic comunity ive been told from a very good friend of mine that i need to be very clean and not to make any mistakes and derive very safe to keep everything nice
but unfortunatly yesreday race wasnt clean from some racers and ive been kicked out of race 3 times atleast
i kept driving safe even when i had the chance to pass easily but again some people wasnt driving safe and clean

best regards,
Appreciate you not calling people out here in the thread, but if you'd like to contact them directly via PM on GTPlanet to work it out, go for it.
If that doesn't work out, you can submit a complaint to the stewards with the PSN names and exact lap and overall timer information that needs attention.

Last edited:
AU/NZ room up. Not sure I'll be able to host people from across the globe; if not, we'll switch to someone else hosting. Let us know here if you have problems joining.

1472-6681-3716-3557-4056

Set it for 8 people.

Appreciate you not calling people out here in the thread, but if you'd like to contact them directly via PM on GTPlanet to work it out, go for it.
If that doesn't work out, you can submit a complaint to the stewards with the PSN names and exact lap and overall timer information that needs attention.
hi,
i wonder if i can join newzealand race
just made the registration now!

hi guys,

best regards,

To add on to what Lucas (Gravitron) said,

With the new game there has been a large number of new drivers who have joined the WRS, there are a few people who do not have the experience to get involved in wheel-to-wheel action. It is something that comes with doing more races.

I personally have no issues going 2, 3, or 4 wide with people I've raced with for a long time, and as you continue to participate you will see that relationship and trust grow.

And what Lucas said, if you're having issues with a driver, report them to a steward or a race admin.

Thanks for the AU/NZ race guys. :cheers:
Well done Bart, who was in a class of his own! 👍

Laid my self-declared unfinished business (after the EU race) to rest with the AU race. I spun 3 times in the EU race and had good fun pushing to make up time. Unfortunately Koen got affected by my mistakes 2 times. I'm really sorry for that!

In the AU race I could find a good rythmn and luckily keep it on the track for the whole race :D Good driving everyone, especially @mohamed karim and @BuzzDryver , who were gracious in blue flag situations.

See you guys at the next race!

To add on to what Lucas (Gravitron) said,

With the new game there has been a large number of new drivers who have joined the WRS, there are a few people who do not have the experience to get involved in wheel-to-wheel action. It is something that comes with doing more races.

I personally have no issues going 2, 3, or 4 wide with people I've raced with for a long time, and as you continue to participate you will see that relationship and trust grow.

And what Lucas said, if you're having issues with a driver, report them to a steward or a race admin.
Good
Thanks for the info bro

Laid my self-declared unfinished business (after the EU race) to rest with the AU race. I spun 3 times in the EU race and had good fun pushing to make up time. Unfortunately Koen got affected by my mistakes 2 times. I'm really sorry for that!

In the AU race I could find a good rythmn and luckily keep it on the track for the whole race :D Good driving everyone, especially @mohamed karim and @BuzzDryver , who were gracious in blue flag situations.

See you guys at the next race!
Thanks pasm
Was really fun race

Last edited by a moderator:
My EU-A race started pretty good according to where I set my goal to qualify. 8th with a PB of 1'23.79.
The start of the race went well, I only crashed in the second lap. :sly: Can't really tell what happened 'cause as soon as I hit the brakes before the first tunnel the rear end snapped and I couldn't catch it anymore. Next time around at the SF line was the unfotunate incident with Paul and after that I was start my catchup to the others. Drove pretty consistantly and found some new ways to go faster around the track setting a best lap of 23.1 eventually.

After a while I started to get ahead of some others who had crashed and finally, near the end of the race, I caught up with LittlePaul and Pekka. Found myself in the position where LittlePaul went off and Pekka having to slow down and that's when my battle with Pekka started. Around lap 33 IIRC.
Eventually Pekka made a small mistake and I could get in front taking 6th position with about two lapsto go I think. At this point I just thought on how hard it was to overtake and tried to make my car as wide as possible and try to run two more laps as fast and clean as I could.
With this I'm very happy with my finish in 6th.

Last edited:
So here's my report on the EU-A race last night.

Qualifying couldn't of got much better for me @WillRacer31 was in a class of his own 6 tenths up on me but I some how grabbed 2nd with @Turok134 & @PASM just behind by 0.050,extremely close .

As the race started I got bad start which allowed @PASM to go from 4th to 2nd with what can only be described as a Mario kart super start, I managed to hold off @Turok134 heading in to the tunnel and tried to hold on to the leading two of @WillRacer31 & @PASM but I couldn't match their relentless pace over the first 7 laps.

On lap 7 @PASM made a mistake on the entrance to first tunnel which which caught me off guard as I approached at full speed and having to take a very wide line In The tunnel.
Then on lap 8 I sneaked past on for him to get me back on the straight.
Then on lap 9 the unthinkable happen pasm made a mistake on in the fast T1 section and spun out which promoted me to 2nd,but backing off to avoid pasm spin allowed @Friday_GTRP to close up to me .
So I battled with Friday for 5 laps but he had me under constant pressure and I was cracking under it and he got past on lap 12 and that was that I held on to the back of him for a while but I didn't have the raw pace he did .

So from lap 13 I was in 3rd running on my own running mid 23s but little did I know @Turok134 was catching every single lap I could see every lap him catching on the map edging that little bit closer.
He managed to get within 5 seconds of me a few more laps and I would have been his for the taking but lucky for me it was only 39 laps .

Very happy to have picked up my first podium in a race event great racing everyone especially @WillRacer31 with that incredible race pace .

Back