GTP WRS-Online : Event 50 : F1 Summer Break Blues

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 144 comments
I enjoyed both practice sessions today. I am happy with my setup but need way more time in dirty air before I can feel better with it. I am not sure if it is missed braking points or just no DF on the front wing in the draft. Probably both.

See you all tomorrow, looking forward to both races!

Al

I'm practicing now, but still not sure on whether we're at full power or we're restricting it.

Sorry, Should have updated the specs and Tires.

Power Limiter: 100%
Tires: Race Softs. There will be no tire choice for the race, it's Softs all the way 👍

Formation laps and standing start timing has so far been near perfectly executed. Good job 👍
We've never tried this before, and from checking around the forums no one else really has either.
Everyone just needs to not rush into turn 1. If you qualify in 5th, expect to go through the corner and in to Eau rouge in 5th. Imagine the replay of 12+ cars snaking through the turn and up into Kemmel....

I must have had my practice starts timed perfectly. The one time I didn't start first or second, I was third and still somehow managed to be first coming out of La Source.

NINE_HUNDRED
They were maxing out in draft, I tried to adjust but didn't really know what I was doing so I just kept it.

Just lower the final gear a bit maybe to 5.400 or 5.350 till there's no draft. I didn't notice because in the first race I was second behind twissy and he was far ahead so never was in his toe, and I crushed in the second so I was pretty much alone throughout.

A too busy workshedule made me cancel my registration. Have fun to all people who are driving.....

I'm afraid I have to ditto Frank. This week has just been too busy. Hopefully I can see you guys in a few months. In the mean time, have fun.👍 I'll follow the forum and see how things are going.

Greg.

Given the last minute drop in registration I will attempt to run today. I have basically no practice whatsoever with this car/track online or offline, haven't driven a lap in any car in a week in GT5 and I don't even have a tune yet so my expectations pretty low. :lol:

If I can't get it together in pre-race and/or quali I'll just observe or drop out. I will also drop if it means hitting the threshold to move to a mic-disabled lounge.

Sorry to do this but I totally misjugded my day and won't get home in time for the race.

Given the last minute drop in registration I will attempt to run today. I have basically no practice whatsoever with this car/track online or offline, haven't driven a lap in any car in a week in GT5 and I don't even have a tune yet so my expectations pretty low. :lol:

If I can't get it together in pre-race and/or quali I'll just observe or drop out. I will also drop if it means hitting the threshold to move to a mic-disabled lounge.

Nice 👍
How could you even consider skipping a F1 race with your F1 wheel just sitting there begging for the opportunity :lol:

WRP001

The F1 League tune is pretty good. I got consistent mid 43s with it, you might want to try that.

I won't be able to join the race, having had lag issues yesterday I think I'll sit this one out, disappointed cause I think I would have done very well in this. Have fun folks

Decided not to run, more fun to watch when you have no preparation.

Twissy has taken off into the distance from pole (1'42.355) after 4-5 laps running consistent low 1'42 laps. Best lap so far is 1'42.144. Hydro and gooners were locked into a very tight battle back and forth for 2nd until Marc went off on lap 4 and dropped to 4th behind jtv. They are now about 12 seconds behind gooners and 20 behind Twissy.

More updates later.

Twissy made some sort of mistake on lap 6 or 7 and ran a 1'48 allowing gooners to close within 3 seconds, but then followed up with a mid 1'42 to extend his lead back up to 5.6 seconds. jtv has taken control of 3rd spot for now with a 6 second gap back to Marc in 4th.

Al was running mid pack, but after a mistake is trying to battle back from the rear of the field. Ren after qualifying 5th has slipped to 8th. Nope, he just passed Zippy for 7th. Al just overtook n0ize for 9th.

Just a few more laps until the first pit stops are expected.

Going into lap 10. Leaders times have slipped to mid 1'43 range. Gooners gaining ever so slightly on Twissy that last lap, but the gap is still 7.6 seconds. JTV has the best tire wear of all and has taken good control of 3rd place, but is 25 seconds behind twissy. Looks at this point like a two way battle for the final podium spot. But a lot of racing to go.

First pit stops happening now with Twissy and Ren being the first to get some fresh rubber. Twissy came out in 4th position, but expect the rest of the drivers to come in shortly.

Jtv is still out but most everyone else has pitted. Something happened to Twissy because gooners ended up with a 10 second lead on Twissy after the pit cycle.

Sorry... no more updates... gotta work issue to deal with.

Last edited:
I definitely started on the wrong tires. Which means I qualified on the wrong tires. Must have happened with my disconnect and rejoins. Not sure why that happened as I hadn't used racing hards at all on the car. Then I didn't realize it until I hit X on my first stop that the tires were the wrong compound. Bad race for me with all the spins.

And sorry to Mohit, by the time I realized you were approaching, there was nothing I could do to stop in time with the closing distance and me being on the grass in the wrong direction. I don't know how much it messed up your race.

And sorry to Mohit, by the time I realized you were approaching, there was nothing I could do to stop in time with the closing distance and me being on the grass in the wrong direction. I don't know how much it messed up your race.

I don't remember that incident to be really honest so I guess it didn't ruin anything 👍 :lol:. Sorry to hear about the tire situation though. Make up for it tonight :).

Congrats to Twissy for the win and Marc for 2nd 👍.

Not happy with my race, but get to make amends tonight :mischievous:.

I don't remember that incident to be really honest so I guess it didn't ruin anything 👍 :lol:. Sorry to hear about the tire situation though. Make up for it tonight :).

Congrats to Twissy for the win and Marc for 2nd 👍.

Not happy with my race, but get to make amends tonight :mischievous:.

When I was pulled away you were in the lead and Twissy had just captured 2nd place from JTV... what happened? I missed all but the first 15 laps. I do have the replay since I was in the lobby, but no ability to fast forward since I wasn't lapping myself.

Looks like I'm out for tonight also.

Was quite a good race for me. Started 10th but I didn't mind. Managed to get up to 5th by lap 4 which was my fastest lap. I then spun on the following lap and went down to 9th.

That was my only spin throughout the race so I was quite pleased. Got back to 5th and that's where I finished. 2 stops, only put in about 8 litres of fuel on the first stop and it worked out well for the 2nd stop.

Good job Twissy on the win and Gooners/Mark for the other spots 👍

event50_res_eu.png

Congrats to James for the impressive win and incredible best lap 👍
After 4 silly spins (all on my own) I assumed I had taken myself out of the top 3, but I caught back up in the final stint and to my surprise: Lap 34 started like this...
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1-1.jpg

Side by side with Mohit until I backed off to take him in Kemmel, only to have us bump in the final chicane in a last turn attempt 👍 Great way to finish :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on for a good result until my TV shut itself off. Weather where I live was a little squirrely and the power company has been having issues all day in other parts of town, so it's possible there was a brief power hit that took down the TV but not anything else (weird, but similar stuff happens in my office all the time). Or, it being a new set, I might have just learned that the auto shutoff (now disabled) works differently than the one on the old set even though they're of the same brand. Anyways, that's why I just drove off the side of the road and stayed there for a minute.

Doesn't look good to make tonight... but I'm still trying!

I had two spins in tonight's race. One was when I was chasing down Marc in the beginning and I spun coming out of Pouhon when I barely brushed the curb. Another time was lap 28 I believe and I just barely clipped the grass as I got to the braking zone of the bus stop. Car went sideways and launched into the air and made contact with the wall which dropped the car nicely back down without damage. I ended up neither losing nor gaining any ground by doing that.

4th place was a good result for me.

Back