GTP WRS-Online : Event 56 : SupraSymmetry - October 3

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 66 comments
It's time for the official EU practice now, Dennis. :)
I'll be there in a bit.

Speedy6543
It's time for the official EU practice now, Dennis. :)
I'll be there in a bit.

Oh yjee that's exiting :)

What time? How many laps?

I'd like to reserve a spot for tomorrow (maybe), but I'm having trouble with the online registration. Somehow I'm being redirected to "Week 49..."

I'd like to reserve a spot for tomorrow (maybe), but I'm having trouble with the online registration. Somehow I'm being redirected to "Week 49..."

I just clicked the registration link and it's working for me.

This should give week 56: Link

Last edited:

May be an issue with your Cache, you could either try clearing it, or try refreshing the registration screen to see if the correct week pops up.

The registration post has the correct link attached to the registration image, but someone forgot to update the text link underneath in the text which was created for mobile users where images don't always link. That link was sending people to week 49 which is already closed.

I've fixed it.

I'm entering the lounge now to set it up for pre-race practice.

My apologies to all - whether it be lack of practice or that I'm just having a bad-driving day, I didn't seem able to control the car at all - misjudged braking distance, no traction. Basically I judged myself a hazard to safe racing and retired. :( Particular apologies to Christophe and Don for being a menace for the first 12 laps.

Had to retire from the race due to my wheel overheating and losing it's center. Last time this happened was towards the end of the Monaco Clio race. This time it happened before I made my pitstop and I knew then there was no way I was going to make it another 16 laps like that. To top it all off, after I came out of the pits I noticed my brakes were only going to 80%.

It's ok Chris, it mearily felt like a heavy battle. :D

Shawn, I honestly thought I made you retire after our incident. Good to know it's not.
Sorry to hear your wheel is slowly dying (maybe).

And now the EU Results.

3_10_12.png

Although I had very little practice (just about 10 in practice yesterday, and 10 before the race), I felt great in the car. Seemingly tons of grip, very controllable on turn in. Plus, I sort of like the Indy circuit. Gives me a good rhythm somehow.

Qualification ended with what must be a record for a gap between first and second, i.e. 1.2 seconds. It felt as if some of the usual suspects between me and Wes just had a bad lap. For the race that clearly meant for me that Wes was probably going to vanish into the distance and the rest would be a close fight.

Race started with me braking a little later than Wes, and although I hadn't planned on attacking in the first corner, I was confident I could hold the wide line through turn 1 and surprisingly found myself in the lead as Wes was careful and held back a little. Of course, he was just holding back and at the end of lap 1, he took P1 early on the straight. I stayed to the left and had a prime position of first catching a glance of Mohit approaching and then running out of braking area behind Wes. So I found myself in the lead again and with a little gap to the rest of the pack. Subsequently I was able to extend my lead bit by bit to about 8 seconds. I couldn't believe I was actually leading the race and frantically began to think about pit strategy. Was I stressing my tires too much? Since I had no data on how long the tires were going to last or how much the drop off would be, I decided to wait if or until the drivers in 2nd and 3rd would pit.

I then saw that Wes had come back up into 2nd and was making up time on me, only to go into the pits immediately after. I then knew I had to pit, if even Wes who usually is very easy on tires was coming in. I then pitted and Porsche took the lead. I came out in 2nd, with about 5 seconds in front of Wes and 34 seconds behind Porsche. In the out-lap I managed to claw back more than 2 seconds already, and Porsche pitted on that lap to hand me back the lead. I was able to do some very decent laptimes then, but Wes finally showed his quali-speed and closed by almost a second per lap. He then passed me on lap 26, I think, and I couldn't stay with him. He pulled out a lead and I started taking it easy, since I saw noone close on the road behind me. Finished the race in 2nd, my best result in WRS so far. Very happy with the result, especially since I usually am no big fan of GT500-cars. I might become one now though. :sly:

I had a bad qualifying session. Spun towards the end of the first lap and that meant my second lap wasn't going to be good either.

I had a bad qualifying session. Spun towards the end of the first lap and that meant my second lap wasn't going to be good either.

I did the same right behind you :yuck:

Had a couple of good battles, even with my inevitable spin for no sane reason. Don seemed to be doing well. I think I might have turned in too soon on turn one for him and Mike once; my usual leave-a-car-width for the inside line didn't quite work out. One of those let Mohit by while I waited for Mike, but no matter; I started working Mike over again ;-)

Had about 20 minutes to try the car - which seemed pretty at ease on that track. Nice combo 👍

I did the same right behind you :yuck:

Had a couple of good battles, even with my inevitable spin for no sane reason. Don seemed to be doing well. I think I might have turned in too soon on turn one for him and Mike once; my usual leave-a-car-width for the inside line didn't quite work out. One of those let Mohit by while I waited for Mike, but no matter; I started working Mike over again ;-)

It was fine actually, but Gooners wanted in on the corner action as well. Me and him came together and he hit the tyres so that's why I slowed down. 3 wide into turn one wasn't the best plan :lol:

If we were doing highlights of the races, I'd say the first 20 laps of the NA race could be a highlight in itself.

If we were doing highlights of the races, I'd say the first 20 laps of the NA race could be a highlight in itself.

Yeah, was some great racing at the front with You, Rob and Speedy for several laps. The draft kept everyone close, and it wasn't until the split pit strategies and Pekka's no stopper that everything started to break up a bit. I tried taking a chance and braking a bit later the final time into turn 1, otherwise our finish would have been at least 1.0 closer.

I have no idea how many lead changes there were.

Back