GTP WRS-Online Event 7 : Light, Tight and Just Right - March 12, 2014

I see the h-cap changed after the practice session.
Actually, it changed about 5hrs ago. After the results from the Time Trial went up, and after Vaxen updated the Registry, that data then goes in our docs and shows up in the reg tables.

Good practice tonight, got in good number of laps, so I'm prepared for tomorrow. Also, came within 1 tenth of the time I did in the TT which is unusual.

Tried to stop by earlier but there wasn't a room, I'll stop by in about a half hr if anyone is still around

I'm having trouble registering for this event (NA). I am doing it the same way I always have but i'm not showing up on the list. Any suggestions or help?

Yes, fill this out. ;)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

I've tried to register for the NA twice in the past 2 days and it's still not showing up on the list. I'll try one more time.

I've tried to register for the NA twice in the past 2 days and it's still not showing up on the list. I'll try one more time.

Are you using jfro22 or jfro222? The race registry (HERE) shows you as jfro222.

That's because you're not putting in the correct PSN name. Your psn is "jfro222" you are entering "jfro22".

Edit: Haha pilmat was quick with that one! But yes I checked in the log and you need to put another 2 in there for it to pick you up.

That's because you're not putting in the correct PSN name. Your psn is "jfro222" you are entering "jfro22".

Edit: Haha pilmat was quick with that one! But yes I checked in the log and you need to put another 2 in there for it to pick you up.

Ha wow I feel stupid now. Thanks guys

@pilmat just noticed your 1'37.404 on the leaderboard. 👍 THAT IS ONE HOT LAP! :) 1'38.2 is my best so far, but I'll try a few more right now.

I have a friends only room up at the moment, but I'll edit this post with the number after I remake a public room.

1472-6681-3759-3054-5681

Closed

Last edited:
Sorry about that. I just started a room if anyone wants to do some laps. 1472-4711-0467-9860-1479

Last edited:
@pilmat just noticed your 1'37.404 on the leaderboard. 👍 THAT IS ONE HOT LAP! :) 1'38.2 is my best so far, but I'll try a few more right now.

Thanks Lucas :) I did a couple of mid 1.37 but can't do anything consistent on this track. @Rustic15 made a good point in the room last night that the gears are not ideally spaced and any small mistake means getting way out of the power band.

@doodlemonoply came into the room and dusted my best lap in like 3 laps, but with the new timing layout in 1.05, I couldn't see what Andrew's time was... (not sure if I like this new scheme :boggled:)

I also found that I had to change my gears around a bit to get better consistency.
  • Corner 1 in 2nd, as any slight mistake is way too costly up the hill. My best lap was in 3rd, but a small mistake here and I was paying 4-5 tenths through T1.
  • I did Mirabeau in 2nd in the TT and found it was still good online, but 1st might be a bit more consistent. It's just the gap between 1st and 2nd is too big for my liking...
  • I had to pull my brake marker back for the chicane a couple of car lengths.
  • From @Twissy and @mike_gt3 I learned to hold 3rd into the swimming pool complex and it helps a lot for braking into the swimming pool exit.
  • Depending on my exit from Rascass in the TT, I was either into third at turn-in for the last corner or just on exit. Online I'm finding 3rd on exit is a bit better.
  • I hold 4th into corner 1 and only barely touch the limiter on an ideal lap (so not an issue).
See you all tonight :D

@doodlemonoply came into the room and dusted my best lap in like 3 laps, but with the new timing layout in 1.05, I couldn't see what Andrew's time was... (not sure if I like this new scheme :boggled:)

I think I did a high 36? Don't quite remember. I had to go to a different lobby so that's why I left so quickly. I'm sure I could get low 36s.

Edit: Also, I think I won't race tonight. I just need to take a break.

Last edited:
My internet is not working more than 15 min at a time. Don't wait for me if I am not joining - sorry

Another race, another DNF. :( I'm thinking about skipping the long races; maybe I might start to skip all the races because I am finding that the practice sessions are more fun for me.

Maybe I should just run in the Practice Rooms. They are made up of occasional short races that will prevent me from getting lapped two or three times. They also let me race along side other drivers. Whenever I see another car in a race, nine times out of ten I need to pull over and let them by because I am being lapped...obviously that is no fun at all.

Thematic gave me a scare at the end...the most action I've seen on the track in weeks; even though it only lasted for a lap or two. And it was also the first time ever that I was not rammed off the road.

Back