GTP WRS-Online Event 7 : Light, Tight and Just Right - March 12, 2014

At least I got 26 out of 31 laps before my connection stopped. But up to this point : Great racing !

What happened to qualifying? What did the update do?
Its added the blue lines in Qualify alone, so the cars that are faster show as a blue line while you qualify and it's quite distracting.

What a great race by far the most fun I've had in a WRS race the battle I had with Revoy was insane first I had to chase him down.

That was no easy task took me 15 laps to do ,then to stay ahead was even harder could never pull more than a 2 second gap.

Great racing everyone

Nice racing in Monaco. Congrats to @Allibubba99 for his win and hosting.
The strangest thing happened, I had my fastest lap in the last lap :D

Its added the blue lines in Qualify alone, so the cars that are faster show as a blue line while you qualify and it's quite distracting.
When all are in pits after qually why not release us in grid order rather than have the mad scrum on the pace lap....I never found my guy and ended up starting a few positions down from my qually space....not that it mattered because I fell off on the first lap and then out braked my self and the guy I was trying to pass into the chicane....whom I let pass me back and then repassed. A whole bunch of passing.... Whew.....still allot of fun and great practice.

When all are in pits after qually why not release us in grid order rather than have the mad scrum on the pace lap....I never found my guy and ended up starting a few positions down from my qually space....not that it mattered because I fell off on the first lap and then out braked my self and the guy I was trying to pass into the chicane....whom I let pass me back and then repassed. A whole bunch of passing.... Whew.....still allot of fun and great practice.

We have done that qualifying system for over 2 years and 99.9% of the time there is no problem as everyone knows there grid spot and you have at least 3/4 a lap to get in position.

Thanks @serfon! As for the formation lap, those things do happen. @Rustic15 If you are having issues on formation lap, please tell us or pull over to text, we can slow down and get it sorted out.

A big shout out to hladas for exiting the track after realizing he could only see 5 racers. That is also a formation lap issue that can be typed in the text so we can sort it out. But it is too late after the race has started. (After formation lap)

At least from the attending the Academy last year I had a fair idea how the Qual was to work :D.
Passing here was easier than I thought, just needed to follow them till the made a slight mistake and they lost plenty of speed then rolled on past, many people past me that way.

Room splits will be posted shortly guys, just finalising rooms.

Just out of interest can we 'restore body rigidity'? as I've had a few smashes in this car

Just out of interest can we 'restore body rigidity'? as I've had a few smashes in this car
I am pretty sure restore is ok, just not improve. Improve rigidity will not let you in room with no tuning.

Wouldn't have been able to race anyways. The power is out. :lol: :grumpy:
Mine just went in middle of race. Wind is strong in Montgomery County tonight Andrew. Actually power flickered a few times, tv went off but ps3 kept going. When tv came on, I was against armco. I just left the race, because i was going to make someone angry if that happened again and my car was just sitting in middle of track, and I couldn't see the screen to move it out of the way.

Last edited:
Sorry B room drivers! I thought race would be good for me after qualy, but all I got was 13 laps full of mistakes, no consistency at all. When I finally settled after MrG and had a good pace, lost my concentration talking to the wife and ended up backwards on the tunnel entrance.

Sorry for not being able to get out of the way, someone could not avoid. I was trying to get back quickly but the wheel snapped from my hand. Thought better to retire not to spoil other peoples races anymore.

See you guys next time.

Sorry, forgot to post my Livestream link, but the replay is available.

Congrats jfro for the win. Had a few (short) fun battles, first with Hector at the beginning, until I kissed the armco a bit too strongly. It took me a while to react, but finally ghosted myself before others arrived. Then, when I thought I had enough time to leave again, I just got in Pekka's way (sorry!).

After that, EWeinbauer and I traded places a couple of times, but I'm not sure why you let me pass you again after my collision with RowdLL?

Anyway, it started great for me, but I made too many mistakes. Good racing everyone! :cheers:

Congrats Twissy x2 for the wins. Nice job PASM and T-L on the 2nd place finishes.

Hit the chicane wall in the EU race, and while recovering hit the other wall and got stuck. Cost me a bunch of time but 3rd was best I could do anyways.

NA race was one my most intense races (and I've had a few). T-L and I well around a second apart the whole race. I managed a great quali but he passed me with 1/3rd of the race to go. I still held on to finish a tenth behind him. Very happy I could keep up with him.

Thanks to the stewards in both rooms for hosting and organizing :cheers:.

Back