GTP WRS-Online Event 7 : Light, Tight and Just Right - March 12, 2014

The NA room A was fun. The quali didn't go well for me, but I had a good start and set after Oink. He slowly pulled away but I found a good rhythm with 10 laps to go and did my most consistent laps of the combo :)

Thanks all. It took some patience to get the race rolling, but we got it in. đź‘Ť

After that, EWeinbauer and I traded places a couple of times, but I'm not sure why you let me pass you again after my collision with RowdLL?

I got out a little out of shape at the chicane and thought you were right on my tail. Then when I figured out you werent right there, I rushed it a little and took the next left a little wide and all wrong and just stopped after I bounced off the rail.

The last time you passed me, I really screwed it up. I hooked my back tire coming out of the chicane and got turned around. There wasnt much racing left after that for me.

It was a fun race for sure. Good battles and tight racing. Lots of dumb little mistakes by me. I definitely need work on being more consistent

Who is going to host ?
AU race canceled ?
With only 2 confirmed drivers, and no stewards at all, there will be no official race. If there are a couple of you on and you want to race, feel free to post here and create a lobby yourself, which can follow any amount of laps you would like to do if you don't want to do the full thing, but it won't be official sadly.

With only 2 confirmed drivers, and no stewards at all, there will be no official race. If there are a couple of you on and you want to race, feel free to post here and create a lobby yourself, which can follow any amount of laps you would like to do if you don't want to do the full thing, but it won't be official sadly.
Thanks for the info bro :)

The qualy was a bit dificult. Seems not only to me :) Started fourth but the race went as usual - huge amount mistakes a d droped to 7, due to others mistakes up to 5, droped to 7 again an finally finished 5 :).

Have a question about one situation. I did a mistake in the last corner, spined, bumped wall and stoped near the wall in the position 90 degree to race line. The were a couple drivers just behind me so I stayed in this position to let them pass me. One passed but other rode in my side (EWeinbauer I think). I started to ride and kept my position. EWeinbauer lost two possitions in the straith due to this. Did I have to let him pass me after this accident?

I also have a question about overtaking....I entered the tunnel and accelerated alongside another car that apparently had just spun and was accelerating away I had no view of his car but varying blind side signals. I was on the inside into the chicane and I has absolutely no way to back off so I went through and then thinking better of it I backed off pulled to the side and let the other car by.....it took him awhile to understand that I was letting him by. I'm kinda gun shy after having so many incidents last week that I just tried to stay out of the way. Did I have to give the position back or was it a valid pass in that I was abeam and on the line?

I also have a question about overtaking....I entered the tunnel and accelerated alongside another car that apparently had just spun and was accelerating away I had no view of his car but varying blind side signals. I was on the inside into the chicane and I has absolutely no way to back off so I went through and then thinking better of it I backed off pulled to the side and let the other car by.....it took him awhile to understand that I was letting him by. I'm kinda gun shy after having so many incidents last week that I just tried to stay out of the way. Did I have to give the position back or was it a valid pass in that I was abeam and on the line?
From what I can tell of your description, sounds valid. He made a mistake that allowed you to come alongside. The only thing I would say is, this track is notoriously hard to pass. If you had made it all the way past him (no overlap) before the chicane, then that's your position. In the situation where you are 2 wide, the chicane is simply not possible, and can often come down to a game of chicken. Simply put, 1 of the drivers has back off otherwise there will be a crash. In those situations, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but you gotta make the right call. It's always best to side with caution, especially when considering "Avoid contact at all costs" from the OLR.

Congrats to the podiums in NA-A - Twissy, T-L, and gooners. :cheers:

My race went wrong from the beginning with a late throttle at the start, and Phil taking full advantage. :ouch:

But then I had a lot of laps battling See23 which were pretty fun. đź‘Ť Then I lost him due to wall hits, and eventually caught back up, and benefited from him thinking I was lapping him. :odd: OK.

Early. I'm about to get passed by @See23. K1utch and pilmat in front of me.
CĂ´te d'Azur_1.jpg

Somehow caught up and bumped K1utch in the hairpin, and got STUCK on the rumbles!
CĂ´te d'Azur_2.jpg

OK, go ahead. :ouch:
CĂ´te d'Azur_3.jpg

Had a chance to pass...
CĂ´te d'Azur.jpg

...but couldn't complete it.
CĂ´te d'Azur_5.jpg

Then had a major brain F.A.R.T.
CĂ´te d'Azur_6.jpg

...giving Patrick and Drew a chance at passing...
CĂ´te d'Azur_7.jpg

I caught back up and passed, but See23 thought I was lapping him, so a bit of an easy pass...
CĂ´te d'Azur_8.jpg

Then Drew started hunting...
CĂ´te d'Azur_9.jpg

Close at the end!!!

CĂ´te d'Azur_10.jpg

CĂ´te d'Azur_11.jpg

Thanks @serfon! As for the formation lap, those things do happen. @Rustic15 If you are having issues on formation lap, please tell us or pull over to text, we can slow down and get it sorted out.

A big shout out to hladas for exiting the track after realizing he could only see 5 racers. That is also a formation lap issue that can be typed in the text so we can sort it out. But it is too late after the race has started. (After formation lap)
as I wrote in explanation, it was my fault. I could try in training log off, log in to the room. that's why I prefer to resign, because of the invisibility of the other riders.

It was a fun race while it lasted. I knew the high winds were going to mess with my electricity. Kevin @EDK , I hope you got by me clean when my TV went out, but my PS3 stayed on. My car was without a driver for about 10 seconds until I powered TV back on to see what was going on. After that I quit the race, couldn't have that keep on happening. Anyway, last event for next week or so, vacation with the family.

It was a fun race while it lasted. I knew the high winds were going to mess with my electricity. Kevin @EDK , I hope you got by me clean when my TV went out, but my PS3 stayed on. My car was without a driver for about 10 seconds until I powered TV back on to see what was going on. After that I quit the race, couldn't have that keep on happening. Anyway, last event for next week or so, vacation with the family.
It was fine. I was a little confused, but figured out what was going on. Sorry for the tap early in the race when I tried to make an opportunistic pass. I just handed it back and let you run off in the distance. :)

The B room was very kind to me yesterday! I had a great time fending off Pekka (Madmax) for almost the entire EU race. The blue flags were working awesome, thanks guys. I even managed to get into the 38's on my final lap. Wasn't expecting to ever win my first race at Monaco, that would have been the last track I would have picked. A big shout out to Lucas @Gravitron for helping me with the TT and getting me up to speed!

NA race was a ton of fun as well. Had some great battles with @Crozzlow, SINY999 and the closing fast IRT_MrG . He was almost on my bumper when he had an unfortunate incident with a back marker. Very enjoyable day of racing!

I have not had a chance to take any photos. Maybe today!

Al

Unfortunately, I was thrown out of the A room last night and I could not finish the race :banghead:

And the next two wednesday's I haver to work in the evening so I can not participate in the next races :grumpy:

Hope you all had a good race last night and we meet again the second of April :)

:gtpflag:

Congrats to:
  • James @Twissy on the double win in A rooms
  • Mohit @mohitraina91 on the double podium in A rooms
  • Bart @PASM on the podium in EU-A
  • Mark @iGoFast on the podium in NA-A
  • Al @Allibubba99 on the double podium in B rooms and your first win in EU-B
  • Jeremy @jfro22 on your first win in NA-B
  • Pekka @MadMax on your podium in EU-B
  • Serge @serfon on your podium in in EU-B
  • Hector @Masterhec on your podium in NA-B

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

gt6-event7-eu-results-png.127841

gt6-event7-na-results-png.127840

gt6-event7-merged-results-png.127839

And the anthems for the first time winners! :gtpflag:

Al

Jeremy

Thanks! I tried looking it up in 3D3's google docs but I couldn't find how many races it took to get my first win! Maybe the google doc master @WRP001 can answer that question for me!

Congrats @jfro22 on your first win and to all podium finishers!

Al

Thanks! I tried looking it up in 3D3's google docs but I couldn't find how many races it took to get my first win! Maybe the google doc master @WRP001 can answer that question for me!

Congrats @jfro22 on your first win and to all podium finishers!

Al
I checked the fusion tables, and if I'm not wrong, 132 official races. Sound about right?

Edit: That's not right actually. Think that is only counting up to event 104 from GT5...so it's more than that.

Back