GTP WRS-Online Event 8 : What R U FoRGeTtinG P/D? - March 19, 2014

• Thread starter oink83
  • 124 comments
Thats

up to the Aussies and Kiwis...they know their clocks and the dates....ideally we could have all three available to many more than now....

EU race is 7:00am now and we will leave DST soon so that will be 6:00am so to have it before the EU race would not work. Add 2 hours for the NZ times.

Hm. I signed up for the EU and NA races yesterday and now Im not on either list. I just signed up for both again. Can I get in one of the EU rooms?

Hm. I signed up for the EU and NA races yesterday and now Im not on either list. I just signed up for both again. Can I get in one of the EU rooms?
You've been added to the A room, check the link for the room number.

Sure, check the list and you should see yourself on there now.

Edit: ^^Beaten to it :P

So frustrating had to remove myself from the race don't no if it was my connection or mclarens but he was jumping left right and center all over me when he closed up to me so in best interests of the room thought it would be best to retire

So frustrating had to remove myself from the race don't no if it was my connection or mclarens but he was jumping left right and center all over me when he closed up to me so in best interests of the room thought it would be best to retire

Too bad man, i had the same with you in the formation lap and the first couple off laps. Hopefully things get better soon .....

Too bad man, i had the same with you in the formation lap and the first couple off laps. Hopefully things get better soon .....

It's so annoying was going really well didn't gave you or Bart's race pace but was good enough for a podium.
Made a few mistakes and mclaren closed up so as he was within a second of me he went crazy never had these issues before in gt5 just in gt6

I think I totally messed up during this race. I let someone pass me because I thought I went into him and as I looked at the replay it turns out that I was the one that got hit. When they say nice guys finish last, they mean it.

EU race is 7:00am now and we will leave DST soon so that will be 6:00am so to have it before the EU race would not work. Add 2 hours for the NZ times.
Oh well....just a thought...how many hours from Zulu are you

Mmm very poor race by me, the pace was good but spun 4 times:nervous: which left me some 40 secs behind the winner and a view secs after Nail27 But hey look on the bright side I finished 3rd! To bad @serfon got out after he led most of the race. He did a really good job with no mistakes.👍 And I had fun to fight back after every lawnmower session.:lol:

Mmm very poor race by me, the pace was good but spun 4 times:nervous: which left me some 40 secs behind the winner and a view secs after Nail27 But hey look on the bright side I finished 3rd! To bad @serfon got out after he led most of the race. He did a really good job with no mistakes.👍 And I had fun to fight back after every lawnmower session.:lol:

I parked and left the race just to make a statement, it's not fun to race against someone who is 2.5 sec faster on a lap. He stayed behind me for a couple of laps and I decided that I would retire as soon as he would pass me, and so did I.

I parked and left the race just to make a statement, it's not fun to race against someone who is 2.5 sec faster on a lap. He stayed behind me for a couple of laps and I decided that I would retire as soon as he would pass me, and so did I.
I guess the only alternative is that a steward just watch and not race, right? Hasslemoff was the only steward available, oink was passed out asleep right after the race got started. I think it's unfair of you to expect us to just sit around and watch. After all the time we put into organizing these races, we should at least get to drive in them.

I guess the only alternative is that a steward just watch and not race, right? Hasslemoff was the only steward available, oink was passed out asleep right after the race got started. I think it's unfair of you to expect us to just sit around and watch. After all the time we put into organizing these races, we should at least get to drive in them.
I understand and respect the time and efforts you all put in it and I have no problem with stewards or hosts to race with us. But it should be informed. Why did he not qualify? In that matter it cannot be called a race anymore.

I understand and respect the time and efforts you all put in it and I have no problem with stewards or hosts to race with us. But it should be informed. Why did he not qualify? In that matter it cannot be called a race anymore.
To give someone else a chance to win, of course. Plus the fact that he'd had literally 5 laps of practice. He used his best judgement and started at the back because you guys who put in lots of practice and ran the time trial should get the chance to qualify up front.

We have to be informed when stewards or hosts race with us? That doesn't make sense to me.

I looked at it a completely different way. I was lucky that after practice last night GTp_strop followed me around and basically showed where I was losing at least 2 seconds a lap. My times went from 43s to 41s which moved me into B room mid pack. Then I took about an hour and a couple cups of coffee and pounded around to findan endurance pace that was comfortable and occasionally touched the 39s. I then outdid myself and qualled 3d..knowing there were several ringers behind me. I decided that they got a free pass which they did and I was 5th. Then they all started falling off or leaving and after a wicked dice with Rosez who passed and then contrived to fall off a cople of times. I let these quick guys by the first time....after which they has to Pass me.. So I inherited 2d but in order to get the benefits of other peoples misfortunes you have to be there. Hang in there....it's worth it.

I think it's unfair of you to expect us to just sit around and watch.

Is it fair for Division 3 & 4 drivers to need to compete against ringers from Division 1 & 2? Is it really fun for those guys to wipe the floor with the slower drivers? If there were one or two divisions lower than mine I would never want to race with those guys if I knew I would beat the fastest ones by a half a lap or more.

I wasn't going to say something publicly about it this week, but now it has been brought up by someone else I felt like I needed to voice my opinion.

Is it fair for Division 3 & 4 drivers to need to compete against ringers from Division 1 & 2? Is it really fun for those guys to wipe the floor with the slower drivers? If there were one or two divisions lower than mine I would never want to race with those guys if I knew I would beat the fastest ones by a half a lap or more.

I wasn't going to say something publicly about it this week, but now it has been brought up by someone else I felt like I needed to voice my opinion.

Is it fair to complain about something that cant be fixed except by having the guys who give more of their time/effort to the community to be the ones who dont enjoy the community, at least partially?

If I come second to the host it will feel almost like a victory. But the faster guys will always inspire and help move us forward.

Is it fair to complain about something that cant be fixed except by having the guys who give more of their time/effort to the community to be the ones who dont enjoy the community, at least partially?
Yes, it is. I'm just saying that racing against ringers is not fun.

As the person who came dead last in the A room last week I disagree. As Twissy lapped me I'm thinking OMG I'm racing Twissy :-) Of course after a couple of corners he disappeared out of sight but it was fun while it lasted. I think the complaints would be valid if there was money on the line but this stuff is just for fun and there's always going to be someone a whole lot better than you (unless your name's Ti-Tech or GTP_Holland but that's the exception rather than the rule). Think of it as someone racing from a different class (i.e. Group A vs Group C) where they share the same track but you're not expected to be able to keep up with them.

Back