3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT

img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

Ferrari F40 '92 @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)

car_ferrari_f40_92.jpg
track_autodromo_nazionale_monza_no_chicane.jpg

Stewards Notes
The first road legal production car to break 200mph. The last Ferrari to be introduced on Enzo's watch. Finally, we get to drive it! Credit to EDK for this combo. Enjoy!

****Again this week beware of daylight savings time and use the links above to double check the start time in your time zone!

Special Note****
We will be using the Premium Model of the F40 this week! So you can paint it your favorite color! You will also need to break it in and change the oil.

It can be purchased for 450,000 credits from the Dealership. Tuning is prohibited this week so you can only change the car color and your rims.

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_1copy_zps0fe0172d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event83_reg.png

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_3copy_zpsd52947ca.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_10copy_zpsd53c6aea.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• EU: Tuesdays @ 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT
  • NA: Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM Eastern / 4:00 PM Pacific / 23:00 GMT
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)
  • Car: Ferrari F40 '92 (Premium Car dealer; break it in and change oil prior to race)
  • Power: 476 HP (Stock + Power Limiter @ 96.1%)
  • Weight: 1352 kg (Stock)

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 32 (31 Race Laps + 1 Formation Lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First (based on pre-race qualification)
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 175% Average lap (180sec)
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Disable Collisions: Off
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Fast
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Regulation Settings

• Car Restrictions: Unrestricted (see above for car(s) allowed)
  • Performance Points: 529 PP (Power Limiter @ 96.1%)
  • Drivetrain: MR
  • Tire Restrictions: Sport Soft (S3's)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited (R/A functions allowed)
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 62 mph / 100 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane) is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Pit Entry and Exit Guidelines

• Pits are open and stops are optional, but may be required to complete the race based on fuel consumption and/or tire wear.
  • Drivers are responsible for determining their fuel consumption, tire wear and ultimate pit strategy. Discussion of this strategy in the thread is encouraged by not required.
  • Be aware that when "Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption" is set to "Fast" or "Very Fast" that the system's fuel add recommendations will be wrong (too low)... you need to do your own calculations prior to the race to ensure you don't run out of fuel prior to the end of the race.
  • Monza has a pit entry speed limit of 180 KPH / 112 MPH. Exceed this speed an the system will apply a penalty by holding you in the pits for a bit.
  • On exit from the pits stay to the far right (right of the white line) if there is oncoming traffic. Oncoming traffic must stay left of this line and are not allowed on the pit exit except for accident avoidance.
  • Remember, traffic on course has the right of way after the white line ends. If you cross the line in either direction you are responsible for any incidents that occur.

Track Boundary Guidelines
Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. We understand that mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if we observe a pattern of boundary abuse we will hand out penalties which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries.

It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.​

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.

Track Specific Guidelines:

picture.php

The following are all dirty:​
  • Green Surface inside the rumbles on the left hand entry turn of the 2nd Chicane
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg

• Green Surface inside the rumbles on the right hand exit turn of the 2nd Chicane
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3.jpg

• Black surface outside the rumble strips on the exit of Lesmo 1
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_5.jpg

• Green surface inside the rumble strips on the entrance to Lesmo 2
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7.jpg

• Black surface outside the rumble strips on the exit of Lesmo 2
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6.jpg

• Green Surface inside the rumble strip on the left hand entrance to Ascari
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8.jpg

• Green surface outside the rumbles on exit of the first right in Ascari
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_9.jpg

• Green Surface inside the rumbles in the right hand second turn of Ascari
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg

• Tarmac outside of rumbles in the left hand exit of Ascari
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_11.jpg

• Tarmac outside the white boundary line after the rumbles end in the left hand exit of Ascari
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_22.jpg

• Tarmac outside the white boundary line on trackside left at exit of Parabolica
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_23.jpg

• Tarmac outside the white boundary line on trackside left at exit of Parabolica/start of main straight
    AutodromoNazionaleMonza_24.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • No hybrids - if you're caught using a hybrid or attempting to enter a hybrid onto the track during an official event you will be banned from all future 3D3 Racing events.
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanecopy_zps66764e28.jpg

WRS-3D3-Pic-of-the-Week_zps418af8c7.png

Ren-2 : Ah, Ascari

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_5_zps79c80fac.jpg

After each Wednesday event we're going to give drivers 48 hours to submit race pictures for our "Picture of the Week" contest (submission deadline is Friday @ 8:00 PM Pacific).

Submit your pictures by simply posting to this thread after the event and before the deadline. Please provide a short name for each of your submitted pictures which will be used in voting. e.g. "WRP001-1 : Lap 1/Turn 1", "WRP001-2 : The Crash", etc. All posted pictures will be copied to the showroom post by an admin in the order posted.

Rules:
  • The deadline for submission is Friday @ 8:00 PM Pacific.
  • Each entrant can submit one to three pictures each week.
  • The entrant need not be a participant in the race (if they can get their hands on an official replay they can submit).
  • All content from the picture must come from one or both of the official event replays (EU and/or NA).
  • The pictures can be "photoshopped" or post processed in any way or can be straight from GT5 (montages are accepted).
  • You can put your tag/initials or a small stamp on the pictures, but keep it discrete.

Once the submission deadline has passed there will be a 48 hour voting period (ending 8:00 PM Pacific on Sunday). The winning picture will become the title picture for the thread and potentially the historical results thread.

Event Entries

Sjaak-1 : Wings
jt8eja.jpg

Sjaak-2 : Smoked Tires
ta2ccm.jpg

Sjaak-3 : Pekka
294nkzl.jpg

Allibubba-1 : Taking a Peek
TakingaPeekcopy_zpsc1f18699.jpg

Allibubba-2 : Can't be good
Thiscantbegood_zps5e90f32a.jpg

Allibubba-3 : Sjaak at the beach
Kickinituponthebeachcopy_zps90343c21.jpg

JTV-1 : Little Piggy
8642319702_c908875e1c_b.jpg

JTV-2 : Getting Flashed
8642319578_29b5f0ae66_b.jpg

Ren-1 : Translate It
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_1_zps9980cd26.jpg

Ren-2 : Ah, Ascari
AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicanes_5_zps79c80fac.jpg

Disclaimer: GTP_WRS and/or 3D3 Racing reserve the right to use any of these pics to promote our events elsewhere. If you submit pictures you are expressly giving us permission to use them. If we use the picture outside of our event threads we reserve the right to put GTP, WRS and/or 3D3 stamps on them as well.

Looks like a fast one without that chicane at the start. Now I need to figure out which pink is gunna look best on this beast :sly:

Given the TT was run using arcade mode, many of you may not have a broken in car at the ready. Pekka sent the 3D3 account a fully broken in car and I now have it in my own account (JTV -- sent you one yesterday :sly:).

If you want a car sent to you so you can skip the break in process let us know. I can send two per day only, but the other admins have them also. Also, I will only have access to the PS3 through monday so can only handle requests up until that time.

Also, please be sure to read over the new sections in the detail post for this event (which will become standard sections for all events moving forward):
  • Pit Entry and Exit Guidelines
  • Track Boundary Guidelines

If anyone knows the pit entry speed limit at Monza please post it so we can update the thread.

Last edited:
No chicane? Nice.

I think I should practice for the race this time :lol:

Jerome

No chicane? Nice.

I think I should practice for the race this time :lol:

Jerome

No first chicane, but you still got the 2nd one and ascari too. :lol: Depending on the car, the track without the chicane can be more difficult actually. That high speed section where the chicane is can be a real beast and cars can easily end up on the beach.

Note: we have an organized practice as a group every Tuesday... although the biggest practice is always during the EU slot at 19:00 GMT we do have an NA slot later in the day/night. Official the NA practice is at 7:00 PM Eastern, but in reality guys are coming in and out of the lounge typically until 10:00 PM Pacific (my personal practice slot is from 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM pacific and I can often be found in the lounge at that time on Tuesdays). Regardless, feel free to use our lounge to practice any time and post to the thread if you are dropping in and you are likely to get company a good portion of the time.

For Monza it's always good to practice with another driver as the draft is so important for braking points, etc. Plus practice is just more fun with other cars on track to chase splits, etc.

I won't be joining any practice next week or the week after as I am travelling for 10 days starting Tuesday so have fun guys!

Please note a slight change in the regulation settings:

Regulation Settings
  • Performance Points: 529 PP
  • Power: 476 HP (Power Limiter @ 96.1%)
  • Weight: 1352 kg
  • Drivetrain: MR

The premium car when fully broken in has 495 HP which is significantly more than the arcade car used for the Time Trial which has 478 HP. So we're going to use the power limiter to reduce power (96.1% = 476 HP) and use the max PP restriction in the lounge set to 529 PP. 96.2% power will tick you up to 530 PP and you won't be allowed to enter the pits. This is as close as we can get to the arcade car without going over.

In order to be in compliance with the rules you must fully break in the car, perform an oil change and set the PL to 96.1%. No other setup is allowed. Using a car with dirty oil or not fully broken in order to get down to 529 PP is not allowed. We reserve the right to do a post race inspection and make sure your PP is still at or under 529 after the race.

If you don't have time to break in the car let us know ahead of time and we'll send one to you.

If anyone needs a broken in car, I can provide if need be.

I'll keep that in mind about the Tuesday practice, thanks.

Jerome

Thankyou Pekka and Tim for the cars, I now have 2 broken in :D
I can dupe to anyone who needs it soon and can send 1 just before i enter the lobby on race day if necessary as well(provided 22hrs has elapsed since last send).

Haven't run a lap yet, but I have the car run in on my main account, and can send if needed after next reset.

I had to use up my two gift slots before the reset so I just sent one to EDK and Litchi... I can send two more tomorrow. I'll just pick people out of a hat like I just did if nobody requests one. :lol:

I had to use up my two gift slots before the reset so I just sent one to EDK and Litchi... I can send two more tomorrow. I'll just pick people out of a hat like I just did if nobody requests one. :lol:

Lol, I already got a broken in F40 so now i got 2. But thanks for the gift anyway :)

@Jump Ace I'm intrigued to know what "Chrome" paint looks like!? haha. Just simply chrome... mysterious.

I'll take a car if someone has one to send me. I don't think I can afford to buy one of these just yet.

Was this car faster than the xj220? I thought they came out around the same time (ish) but had the impression that xj220 was like, supposed to be the fastest road car at its time.

Was this car faster than the xj220? I thought they came out around the same time (ish) but had the impression that xj220 was like, supposed to be the fastest road car at its time.

The F40 came out in 1987 originally, where it broke the 200 mph barrier. The model in game is a '92. Pretty much the same car produced for a few years. The XJ220 came out in '92 and yeah it was faster than the F40, which was already 5 years old.

The F40 came out in 1987 originally, where it broke the 200 mph barrier. The model in game is a '92. Pretty much the same car produced for a few years. The XJ220 came out in '92 and yeah it was faster than the F40, which was already 5 years old.

Ahh gotcha. On another note, its pretty scary turn one!

Could someone please send me a car as well. Thank you.

Thanks for the car Tim :-)

Last edited:
Here a worthless tidbit about the F-40. Tim Allen aka "Tim the tool man Taylor" from the show Home Improvement is a HUGE F-40, F-50 and Enzo fan and owns several. No one really knows how many cause his collections is private but its been said to be vast. He also has received plenty of speeding tickets in those cars. I know, who cares but wouldn't it be nice.

Anychance anyone could send me a car, none of mine are broken in thought I had at least one broken in. Thanks

Edit: Cheers Pekka

Last edited:
Back