GTP WRS-Online : Event 85 : You Only Live Twice - April 24

Ahh your on to me big time :P! I'll be able to only watch some of it now :(, but still I hope to enjoy the first part at least :D!

Ah, shame it isnt the other way round. At least you will see the part of the race where there are actually other cars around me :D

I'm out for this week and next week for sure due to Wednesday baseball games. I do hope to catch some of the EU race on the stream. I might be back May 8th, but I've been summoned for jury duty that week so no telling what my schedule will be.

I´m out, too. Real vs. Dortmund is my fav. match tonight - must see - :sly:
And i did a lot of practice with this car on SSR5 but i can´t find the right setup, i used the tips of Gravitron but i lose time on every sector - if tunnel entrance - if the S and hairpin - or the last chicanes just frustrating :scared:

Registered as a reserve for this night. Still can't run the EU due to poker live tournaments on wednesdays :/

It's a shame there seems to be quite a few people not racing, I think it's gunna be a fun one tonight. Hope some of you will at least be able to see a bit of the stream if nothing else :)

Ive signed up for tonight I,ve not ran a single lap yet though :nervous:, Ill probably be on early to get some practice .

P.S does anyone know if the car is still available in the OCD.

Edit: The car is still available as I bought it just an hour ago.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I see. I just ran a few laps and only managed 1'40.0xx.

I'd register, but my leg doesn't feel quite 100%. Maybe I should focus on the offline TTs for a while until my leg is feeling better.

I see. I just ran a few laps and only managed 1'40.0xx.

I'd register, but my leg doesn't feel quite 100%. Maybe I should focus on the offline TTs for a while until my leg is feeling better.

The last thing you could want would be to hurt it more (not exactly sure your particular issue, but doesn't sound nice). As I said, if you think it could be made worse, or will really make you uncomfortable, might be better to just take it easy until your really feeling comfortable with it.

Yeah, I'm going to take it easy until I'm comfortable using my wheel for extended periods of time. Right now I'm good for about 30 minutes.

Good luck in the race guys, this car is great with the way it's set up. 👍

The track goes invisible every time I go around the hairpin. I thought it was a one off but it happened 2 days in a row while in the lounge. It's not really a disadvantage but very annoying.

The track goes invisible every time I go around the hairpin. I thought it was a one off but it happened 2 days in a row while in the lounge. It's not really a disadvantage but very annoying.
Yea I know this bug, very annoying.
Also happened to me in the last sector few times, just after the tunnel. It's a real disadvantage here...

Great race tonight dudes, really enjoyable. I was last so I thought I would try an alternative strategy... A one stopper, this kinda worked and I got My fuel calculations spot-on I was making a move on Sjaak at the start but on lap2 hasselmoff spun coming out of turn 3 and hit me while I was trying to avoid him. I cant remember who ran out of fuel on the final stright, think it was earl... Managed to take him in a photo finish(well,sort of) to give me 2nd place...;-)

EU Race Results:

event85_res_eu.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was the bunny who ran out of gas. Took the gamble to help catch Sjaak and missed by about 3 litres - so dropped from 4th to last :ouch:

It was also my fault Paul (The Hasslemoff one) spun, so that was probably karma right there :embarrassed:

Good race guys, well done James, Silver and Jon 👍

Yeh good race guys. Gunna come along to the NA race and try a 1 stopper. Think the 2 stopper would have been the better option if this race had maybe 2 more laps on it.

I got to watch just a little of oink's feed. Thanks.

I saw the start and at the end of the formation lap it looked like Silver thought it was a single file start or something. You can see it in the feed recording here. Fast forward to 39:05 and especially about 39:20-39:30. Definitely not a staggered start per the rules.

I got to watch just a little of oink's feed. Thanks.

I saw the start and at the end of the formation lap it looked like Silver thought it was a single file start or something. You can see it in the feed recording here. Fast forward to 39:05 and especially about 39:20-39:30. Definitely not a staggered start per the rules.

No prob Tim.

Yes, actually saw this. Was kinda a minor thing, but it did mean that I was unable to pick up any draft etc, and it kinda skewed the formation a bit.

Edit: do any of the guys as reserve able to confirm if they will be racing? Would be more worth my while staying up pretty late if its an official race. If not, I'll come along anyway :D

Last edited:
There is a very slim chance I can race later today with the holiday, but odds not good currently. I'm not even on reserve yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'll be out tonight. I practiced a little bit last night and it was like driving on ice. Just try not to hit my car as you whiz past while I'm busy bouncing between walls :-)

I'll be out tonight. I practiced a little bit last night and it was like driving on ice. Just try not to hit my car as you whiz past while I'm busy bouncing between walls :-)

Would a tune help you to show? Check the TT thread for this same car/track combo, there's a couple good tunes on there that make the car pretty much handle like it's on rails.

Sark

Tunes:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8384821#post8384821
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8385346#post8385346
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8387516#post8387516

Last edited:
3D3 main lounge is open for per race practice. We need extra drivers tonight to make the race official so please don't be afraid to join!!!!

Al

Would a tune help you to show? Check the TT thread for this same car/track combo, there's a couple good tunes on there that make the car pretty much handle like it's on rails.

Sark

From what he said next:

(snip) Just try not to hit my car as you whiz past while I'm busy bouncing between walls :-)

he meant he will be racing tonight. Maybe i got it wrong though?

Edit: We are now live at the NA race: http://www.twitch.tv/oink83

Last edited:
We have 6 :D, 15 min untill qualifcation. Plenty of room for more, so come on in ;)

Definitely can't make it, I'm afraid. Lunch + fast/sweet talking current possessor of the TV + setting up the wheel is just not going to work. Hope Paul is streaming - have fun, guys!

Sark, I used Vagabond's tune almost exactly; I eventually went with 6/33/15 LSD and -15/-15 RH, and dropped the rear dampers/ARB about 1-2 each to try to make it less touchy about the curbing (I figured I'd be needing them occasionally in a race situation, or the tire wear would come in to play in any case).

The final gear could have gone a touch lower, perhaps (for draft), but it didn't worry me much. Mind you, I came last, and my only pre-warmup prep was putting on the tune and 5 laps or so.

Last edited:
Thanks again for another good race. 2nd podium for me, but still chasing that 1st WRS win ;) well raced though guys, enjoyed that combo.

Thanks again for another good race. 2nd podium for me, but still chasing that 1st WRS win ;) well raced though guys, enjoyed that combo.

Got to watch about 10 laps right around your pit stop. You did well. Some bad luck with traffic after your pit cost you big time... otherwise you would have been right there with JTV I'm sure. Don't get too fast or I won't be able to keep up when I return in a couple weeks.

Back