GTP WRS-Online : Event 93 : The Real Tsukuba – June 19

• Thread starter oink83
  • 111 comments
Good idea. Host the event in one of the stewards lounges. 👍 Why didn't I think of that. :dunce: Short of that resort to a public lobby and post the # if necessary.

It's bad timing because both myself and Speedy are away from any PS3 for this week.

Cool, I see 6 drivers in your lounge, so I am sitting out, I haven't driven this online and I have had to concentrate on the GT3 race and just got home, have a great race!

Congrats to Al for winning the NA race. He won by .5 seconds over Kevin.

0.047 Seconds, and I went over the finish line backwards after spinning in the final turn while trying to hold off a charging Al on a 4 stop strategy. I was on a 2 stop strategy, and 23 lap old tires.

Crazy stuff. 👍

You did a 2 stopper too , Kevin. :lol:

The 23rd lap/s is/are the most challenging of them all , great fun thought.

Reactions: EDK
So that's a div 3 driver winning both races? Amazing work guys, hope this is a testimony to get more lower division guys to get involved in online races. If you put the time in, it can be anyone's game! 👍

So that's a div 3 driver winning both races? Amazing work guys, hope this is a testimony to get more lower division guys to get involved in online races. If you put the time in, it can be anyone's game! 👍

Yes it is possible, but let's not forget wich division 3 drivers won here, both Paul and Al have in my opinion a much higher online division then offline, why ? because of the long online experience they have. I do not think it is possible to get a win like that just because you practised for this event..... having a huge online experience is defenitly needed. In some races I am faster then Al or Paul but get beaten by theire 'online-smartness' (don't know how I should call it otherwise).... so saying 'if you put the time in' would actually mean : if you have been racing online for a few years....

I would say on a whole I'm the opposite. I would say I'm faster offline than online. Well... im not consistently fast online.. must crack under the pressure Oink / Ren are usually putting on me :D

I would say on a whole I'm the opposite. I would say I'm faster offline than online. Well... im not consistently fast online.. must crack under the pressure Oink / Ren are usually putting on me :D

I am the same as you. I have been in very few on line races as compared to others in WRS. Yesterday I qualify first in the NA race, run out front for quite a few laps, Kevin gets a little close and I make a mistake and lose the lead. Learning to drive around other cars takes experience which I am slowly getting, but not there yet.

Yes it is possible, but let's not forget wich division 3 drivers won here, both Paul and Al have in my opinion a much higher online division then offline, why ? because of the long online experience they have. I do not think it is possible to get a win like that just because you practised for this event..... having a huge online experience is defenitly needed. In some races I am faster then Al or Paul but get beaten by theire 'online-smartness' (don't know how I should call it otherwise).... so saying 'if you put the time in' would actually mean : if you have been racing online for a few years....

Point taken, but I still think it goes to show that being lower down the divisions doesn't mean you can't win races.

It all comes down to the mental strategy of racing. If you crack under pressure, all possibilities are lowered...especially if frustration is involved.

I am not sure about how many on-line races I have participated in but I am sure it's close to 100+. There are so many different factors involved in Online as opposed to Off. I do credit my better results lately to the Academy. I do think that patience is huge for online racing. Not only during the race but understanding that you will not just jump in and win. I have spent so many laps in last place running by myself and have seen many racers quit the WRS because of this. Patience and persistence have been the key for me!

See you on track!!!

Al

I am not sure about how many on-line races I have participated in but I am sure it's close to 100+. There are so many different factors involved in Online as opposed to Off. I do credit my better results lately to the Academy. I do think that patience is huge for online racing. Not only during the race but understanding that you will not just jump in and win. I have spent so many laps in last place running by myself and have seen many racers quit the WRS because of this. Patience and persistence have been the key for me!

See you on track!!!

Al

Well said man.

Congrats Kevin on the win, Al for the start-last/finish-2nd surge, and Majed for your podium. :cheers:

Kevin and Al at the finish line:

TsukubaCircuit_13.jpg~original

event93NA_zpsa54b45c0.png

event93combined_zps05cb2a9d.png

Great results in the NA, and I was about a second behind both of you 2 at the top with my EU time, that could have made for an even more epic end! 👍

okay now I got booted once, It said when it tried to rejoin: network not compatible with room owner (749). rebooted ps3, and get in the lounge but people saw a loading bar under my name. tried to rejoin the lounge and it said the same thing again: network not compatible with room owner (749). Now I rebooted ps3 again and will try to rejoin the lounge. -> It seems to work now.

Edit: It didn't work. People kept on seeing me with a loading bar.. any people got advice to solve this problem for future events?

We have a section on network tips in our GTP WRS-Online : Comprehensive Guide thread.

Specifically, I've just added a link to a page that tells how to setup your PS3 on a DMZ port on your router. This allows the PS3 to bypass any blocking or filtering that your router might be imposing on it. 👍

Back