GTP WRS-Online : Event 94 : Old Meets New – June 26

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 119 comments
I'm going to buy a vette and set Bob up for an evening of driving the wind. One bone stock red n yellow classic heading to France. This thing is slippery enough out of the box I hope I can hang on as the tires go away :nervous:

I'm going to buy a vette and set Bob up for an evening of driving the wind. One bone stock red n yellow classic heading to France. This thing is slippery enough out of the box I hope I can hang on as the tires go away :nervous:

When it comes to breaking cars in, do you use a certain event to do so (in B-spec, assuming that's what you mean by Bob) or is there another way to use B-spec without an event?

If your B-spec level is high enough to enter the Endurance B-spec events, we usually use the Indy 500 and just exit out after 80-ish laps. Just make sure not to exit while in the pits, otherwise the miles don't count, for some odd reason.

If your B-spec level is high enough to enter the Endurance B-spec events, we usually use the Indy 500 and just exit out after 80-ish laps. Just make sure not to exit while in the pits, otherwise the miles don't count, for some odd reason.

I see. I'll just drive 100 or so miles and then do the Grand Valley 300k to finish it off....I'll send the car to my main account to do that, though.

180miles (~300km) is what it takes to break it in, so GV 300k full race should be enough. Change the oil before and after, and you should be good.

180miles (~300km) is what it takes to break it in, so GV 300k full race should be enough. Change the oil before and after, and you should be good.

I know...the reason in doing the 100 or so miles is just to get a feel for the car itself. Oil changes are involved, of course.

Sorry, I'll go edit the OP. 13 laps and tire/fuel speed normal.

So tire ware is on? or are there different levels of activated tire ware?

there are 4 settings for tire wear / fuel:
  • Off
  • Normal (On and 1x)
  • Fast (On and 2x)
  • Very Fast (On and 4x)

If, for example, tires last 20 laps in Normal they will typically last 10 laps on fast and 5 laps on Very Fast.

If, for example, fuel consumption is 2L per lap on Normal, the consumption rates will be 4L and 8L on Fast and Very Fast.

Off seems to also give "extra" grip right off the bat with the tires and any other setting models cold tires with reduced grip until they warm. Laps done with the tire wear setting "off" will always be faster even if tires are at optimal condition with any of the ON settings.

It's also important to note that the system always recommends adding fuel during pits as if the setting was always normal. So on Fast and Very Fast you cannot trust the system recommendations and have to do the calculations yourself and override the recommended number of liters to add on your stop(s).

Last edited:
So will the tires hold up for the length of the race or are we going to pit. I'm thinkin that we'll be running for about 45+ min.

I'm feeling really ill at the moment. I hope I feel better tomorrow so that I can get up early and practice, otherwise I'll cancel my entry.

I have the car , with engine driven in.

Just in case , if anyone would happen to need one.

well TT times were about 4'14, allow time for tyre wear and stops and will be an average of about 4'20 - 4'25. So about 55 - 60 mins

PSN maintenance is scheduled during the EU practice window tomorrow... Just an FYI.

I've just signed in and all appears okay now with the PSN. Is anyone venturing out for a practice?

I'll be there once the maintenance is over. (I can't sing in currently)

EDIT I'm in , Practice open in main lounge. (GTP_3D3Racing)

Last edited:
I'm feeling really ill at the moment. I hope I feel better tomorrow so that I can get up early and practice, otherwise I'll cancel my entry.

Aww damn. Sorry to hear that hope your feeling better for the race.

Had a blast running w/ Max & Jammy until the Lag monster from hell showed up and crashed the party. Looking forward to the race and hope work doesn't impact my plans. 👍

What sort of times were being seen in practice today?

Also, I'm assuming the same rule applies when entering pits as the GT3 race - 2 wheels on track?

Also^2, if were dead on 16 racers, will we split or one of the admins will race as 3D3? Hope the latter, 16 cars on this track will be epic.

Yeah it was fun - some close racing :)
Had a blast running w/ Max & Jammy until the Lag monster from hell showed up and crashed the party. Looking forward to the race and hope work doesn't impact my plans. 👍

I think best time was 4.11.1xx by Silver. My best (clean) was 4.15.1xx.
What sort of times were being seen in practice today?

Last edited:
Not sure was that 4.11.1xx without draft. If you go say 4.11 - 4.12 i think you should be happy :)

Last edited:
Sorry guys I will have to withdraw as I just found out I have to be somewhere else. Shame I was really looking forward to it. :(

Or we could hold it in one of the admin/stewards own lounges?

Back