GTP WRS-Online : Event 94 : Old Meets New – June 26

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 119 comments
The start and the battle with you were the only good things in this race for me the rest was pretty bad pretty annoyed with how i did could've have been a lot better. totally not feeling this car fun to just take out and drive on your own but don't like it for good racing.

also jammy i'd strongly suggest being a lot more careful in the future the amount of bumps in the back i got from you kind of annoying especially when I'm braking for a slow corner. and dano what were you doing almost hit you with 250 + kph on the straight after the mulsanne corner towards indy spinning out on a straight were you on comfort's or something.

No mika I went on the grass abit and it spun me out

That was bump drafting.
also jammy i'd strongly suggest being a lot more careful in the future the amount of bumps in the back i got from you kind of annoying especially when I'm braking for a slow corner.

I thought I scared you with that bump, it was a shame to see you go off a couple of corners later. Apologies.

To be able to come back from that like that is really good, great pace.👍

It did scare me a little because I was afraid to ruin a race of one of the 'big boys' :lol:. But my moment in the sand was completely due to myself not keeping the draft in mind whilst braking.

And thanks, it means a lot to me to hear that from one of the 'big boys'. :)

Last edited:
Nice win Ghost 👍. Good job Silver on 2nd!

Had a great battle with Fastas, went at it for 6 laps straight :cheers:. Had one hairy moment but somehow I held a 200 kmh slide. Thanks for waiting 👍.

No worries Wes, didn't loose more than a second or two, but you disappeared after that.

Looking forward to the NA race!

That was bump drafting.

i had two times when i was braking and you came in the back of me the worst one was where i slowed down for oink almost spinning out on the first lap coming out of the porsche curves.

No mika I went on the grass abit and it spun me out

ah ok just because i was already lapping you that i thought that.

Mika, any incidents should be handled by sending a PM to the drivers involved and reporting the incident to one of the admins.

The streaming feed is the bomb 👍 I was able to watch from my gaming box, how cool. I can't even think of all the possibilities and how much through put you have to have to be able to drive online and then push the feed up at the same time. Very impressive, i-Racing has something that they do like this but theirs is like a play by play w/ commentators done in a totally professional format. Keep up the great ideas this makes it possible for my lazy friends who can't ever watch me drive to click on a link and watch something. Just 2 coooo 👍

Lefty, Watch our F1 broadcast which has a live commentator (oink) In the lounge observing. He has the last one saved and will do it again on July 6/7.

Mika, any incidents should be handled by sending a PM to the drivers involved and reporting the incident to one of the admins.

Well i didn't want to go that far yet just give him some advice.

Well i didn't want to go that far yet just give him some advice.
It was turning into a discussion about an incident. If you have anything to report, then please do.

Otherwise nevermind.

Man I've been over in the lobby since about an hr. ago and no one showed up so I came over here and noticed that it isn't for another couple of hrs still :dunce: :lol:

My bad :lol: I thought that it was the same time as the practice, then I looked up to see the time left.......... oops, my dumbo :)

Gravitron and AspecBob on the reserve list! I hope you two can make it, it has been far too long since we ran a race together!

Signed up as reserve. If I could get a broken in car sent it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Going to be iffy...might have to start in back if I can squeak in before quali ends.

I'll be there.

👍👍👍👍

EDIT; I just had a power failure. We are back up and running but the PS3 is taking its time booting up. Be there ASAP.

Al

Last edited:
I caused a chain reaction which caused Lucas to bump against the wall, sorry about that.
So I waited, but then I disconnected..

That was inevitable I guess, it was fun while it lasted. At least I get to sleep earlier..

Congrats on the podiums Ghost, Silver, and Mohit in EU. :cheers:

event94_EUresults_zpsf91f527f.png

------------

In NA, congrats Pekka, Mohit, and Joel! Not Pekka's first win, but last time he won was before we had the National Anthem ceremony. :cheers:

event94_NAresults_zps701210f0.png

The Finnish Finish:bowdown:

And the combined.
event94_combinedresults_zpsb5694fce.png

-------------

Had a lot of fun tonight, and hope to make some more of these this summer. I must apologize for a few early bumps and bruises from me, but my targets handles those well, with just a tail wag or two.
The first lap on the straights, 3 and 4 wide...:drool: Car was a great drive here! Had good battles with Lefty, Majed, and Al. Thanks guys.

PS Yes, Al's early DC in EU is not shown in the EU results, but *is* shown in the combined. Too tired to fix it now. :ouch:

Congratz Shane and Pekka,well done:bowdown:

I was way off pace on this one,should have practised much more.
And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse,some clip in the pedal set broke off,so every time I hit the brakes,the set was moving away from me.
Ended up allmost lying in my seat,with the pedall set at a 45 degree angle,and the wheel at eye height :lol::lol:
Had nice battles with Ren though 👍

It's always nice to hear Finnish National Anthem :)

Both races were fun. Really enjoyed. Congratz to all!

Now Sarthe can be put to rest - it's been busy weeks in there over 5 weeks, but i think it paid back in these two races. My 2nd podium in WRS online. I'm happy now :)

It's always nice to hear Finnish National Anthem :)

Both races were fun. Really enjoyed. Congratz to all!

Now Sarthe can be put to rest - it's been busy weeks in there over 5 weeks, but i think it paid back in these two races. My 2nd podium in WRS online. I'm happy now :)

Congratulations Jammy!👍
You did really well for your Division placement.

I wasn't sure how much fun a race on that track w/ that car against those members would be and it was about one of the most intense hr. long efforts I ever found my self in.

What a work out it ended up being. I had to pace my self because I knew that I didn't have the speed, so consistency and pace would be the way to go. Conserv my tires and keep adjusting the onboard controls. Stay clean and avoid tangles w/ unlucky victims.

This track has so much history and w/ the car that was one of my boyhood favorites was just what it took to transport me back to a time when racing was magic to me as I was growing up, hearing stories w/ names in them like Donahue, Shelby, and the like.

Thanks to everyone who showed up because being at the back of the pack at the start was just the best seeing all the action and dodging the cars that were struggling w/ the cold tires was so much fun and then to find myself in the top 4 pack running away was just priceless. :)

It was great fun for me racing last night. I thought the car and track combo worked really well and allowed for some great battles. Thanks again to Eric for supplying a car. 👍

I had a fantastic duel with Gooners in the EU race but after an error of judgement in pit strategy (becoming a theme, I know :dunce: ) I dropped a lot of places at the end of the race.

I happened to be awake at the time of the NA race so I just jumped in. Sorry for not registering. It was cool to race with some familiar names who I haven't seen on track before.

Unfortunately for me, I put it in the gravel on lap one after misjudging my braking, but I had a great time battling through the field.

Congratulations to Shane and Pekka for their race wins and to the other podium finishers. Cheers to Gooners and Anastasis, in particular, for making the practice and racing so enjoyable.

D.

Back