GTP WRS-Online : Event 94 : Old Meets New – June 26

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 119 comments
I have a faulty set of pedals, had issues last night, tested them on my friends PS3, same issue. So I've borrowed his set for a while until mine gets fixed.

I'm guessing that admin will have to add everyone on his list? Don't think you can join a private join if you're not on the friends list (I might be wrong).

I'm guessing that admin will have to add everyone on his list? Don't think you can join a private join if you're not on the friends list (I might be wrong).

You're correct Mohit.

On another note, I've just had no time to test fuel, anyone got a recommended wear rate?

I got 98 L, but don't take my word because it was done offline with fuel/wear and real grip. Though by my understanding it is the same as Normal setting online.

The tire graphic wears slowly, but it's deceptive as the car looses grip fast. I think some adventurous person might try a no stopper, but I'm stopping once.

Am I able to spectate the EU race?

I don't think you can be in the room, as we are probably going to be at full capacity of 16 drivers.

However, you can catch the livestream by GTP_oink (http://www.twitch.tv/oink83). He will post a link himself. He will be streaming the race, and you can also chat with other spectators using the chatbox on the right.

Mohit is sharp today! 👍 thanks mate. Yes, Ill post up a link when I'm live.

We have gone down to 15 confirmed, so I think best to use GTP_3D3_A. I'll set it up in a moment if someone else doesn't before me.

If my connection doesn't fail like last time I will race but keep in mind that connection issues may occur again.

Ok, I will send out invites to all drivers today, I don't see any alternative now :D

Dano, your car is waiting for you, go grab it now.

Everyone else, bare with me, im logging into 3D3 Main and we will race there. Room will be open shortly.

Really Paul! I had set up 3D3 main, was with Fastas and Silver, then saw you posted its in 3d3_A, tell them, then refresh this and its back in main! :D

I had to change the settings of main. Anyway, 3D3 Racing Main lounge is open now.

WOW! That was interesting. I was following Caine and then BAM Super Lag! It doesn't stop there.... I lost the track and then I was flying through the country side! What a sight i must have been to the fans around the track.

Very disappointing I rushed for over an hour to get to the race on time. Didn't even finish 3 laps. And can't even watch.

The streaming feed is the bomb 👍 I was able to watch from my gaming box, how cool. I can't even think of all the possibilities and how much through put you have to have to be able to drive online and then push the feed up at the same time. Very impressive, i-Racing has something that they do like this but theirs is like a play by play w/ commentators done in a totally professional format. Keep up the great ideas this makes it possible for my lazy friends who can't ever watch me drive to click on a link and watch something. Just 2 coooo 👍

Ah that explains it Al. I did brake a little early for Indy.. but it was like you didn't even attempt it! :lol:

Outbraked myself at the 1st Mulsanne Chicanne on lap 1, ended up right in the middle of the gravel and took an age to get out, managed to catch up with Rik + Ren fighting, but couldn't really find a safe way past, 3 abreast just wouldn't go :D So decided to try the undercut, came in on lap 5, by the time the normal stops happened I had jumped rik, ren + mika and came out behind Jammy + Rob, had a good battle with places changing a few times. Was gifted one place by w-g-e from a mistake, but by then my tyres had started to drop off a little and that was that! Fastas's late stop gained me another spot for a short time, but on fresh rubber I couldn't hold him.

Overall a good race, well done Ghost, a great TT run and a win 👍

Congrats Silv + Gooners on podium finishes

Wow what an amazing race for me! Started 5th and worked up to 2nd on lap one. With GTP_w-g-e close behind me :nervous:I couldn't hold my nerves, missed braking point and went into the sand. This dropped me back to 7th right behind Madmax and Anastasis. I caught up and overtook both just before dropping back to 7th again a lap later, I missed braking point completely because I was looking behind me. (we were 3 cars wide on the moulsanne at that moment.) Madmax later made a mistake which made me overtake him again. We swapped positions a couple of times before I pitted after lap 7.
I came out right infront of Caine and Jammy who were fighting for position. I was on cold tyres and made some mistakes so they caught up pretty fast. We had a good battle until I managed to break loose and work my way up to Madmax and Anastasis. They were both on a 0 stopper so I kept on catching them until I overtook Madmax on the Moulsanne and Anastasis in the Porsche curves. When I came across the line as 4th I felt so excited because for once I was able to keep my cool throughout the race (minus the start).
I set a nice lap, had a good result and had great battles. What more can I ask?👍
cheers guys! :lol: :cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry about retiring today I didn't see the point in carrying on
First off I crashed heavily at the first chicane then from then onwards I never recovered I kept going in gravel traps and spinning
Plus I was last and didn't have any competition,but I knew that because I was the only d4 driver there

Sorry for the bump Mohit. I thought I braked way earlier than my usual braking point, but then I realised I was in the draft... I sort of self-penalised, but at a horrible spot.:ouch:

Good battle with Mika in the end, nice side by side action.

The race wasn't a total disaster, but I was off pace by some margin. Looking to improve that in the NA race.;)

Wow what an amazing race for me! Started 5th and worked up to 3rd on lap one. With GTP_w-g-e close behind me :nervous:I couldn't hold my nerves, missed braking point and went into the sand. This dropped me back to 7th right in a battle with Madmax and Anastasis. I dropped to 8th and later to 9th after I missed braking point completely because I was looking behind me. (we were 3 cars wide on the moulsanne at one moment.) Madmax later made a mistake which made me overtake him again. We swapped positions a couple of times before I pitted after lap 7.
I came out right infront of Caine and Jammy who were fighting for position. I was on cold tyres and so they caught up pretty fast. We had a good battle until I managed to break loose and work my way up to Madmax and Anastasis. They were both on a 0 stopper so I kept on catching them until I overtook Madmax on the Moulsanne and Anastasis in the Porsche curves. When I came across the line as 4th I felt so excited because for once I was able to keep my cool throughout the race (minus the start).
I set a nice lap, had a good result and had great battles. What more can I ask?👍
cheers guys! :lol: :cheers:
I thought I scared you with that bump, it was a shame to see you go off a couple of corners later. Apologies.

To be able to come back from that like that is really good, great pace.👍

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump Mohit. I thought I braked way earlier than my usual braking point, but then I realised I was in the draft... I sort of self-penalised, but at a horrible spot.:ouch:

Good battle with Mika in the end, nice side by side action.

The race wasn't a total disaster, but I was off pace by some margin. Looking to improve that in the NA race.;)

I thought I scared you with that bump, it was a shame to see you go off a couple of corners later. Apologies.

The start and the battle with you were the only good things in this race for me the rest was pretty bad pretty annoyed with how i did could've have been a lot better. totally not feeling this car fun to just take out and drive on your own but don't like it for good racing.

also jammy i'd strongly suggest being a lot more careful in the future the amount of bumps in the back i got from you kind of annoying especially when I'm braking for a slow corner. and dano what were you doing almost hit you with 250 + kph on the straight after the mulsanne corner towards indy spinning out on a straight were you on comfort's or something.

Last edited:
Back