Australia/NZ Time Slot

3:00 AM Eastern / 12:00 AM Pacific / 8:00 AM GMT / 7:00 PM AEDST / 10:00 PM NZ

img.php

Nissan GT-R '07 @ Fuji Speedway GT

car_nissan_r35_gtr_07.jpg
track_fuji_speedway_gt.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_3copy_zps2391ebaa.jpg

Stewards Notes
Awaiting the TT's for GT6, we're revisiting some popular and fun races from the past.

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

Registration Form

event122_reg.png

(tables will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (be sure to use the PSN that's listed in the registry)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.
Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.
Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)
FujiSpeedwayGT_5copy_zps47680b7e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern | 5:00 PM Pacific | 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT | 3:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: Lobby assignments will be posted ~1 hour prior to the official start time

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PQR = Race with Qualifier (Race 1) | PR = Practice Race (Race 2)
  • Room Privacy: Public
  • Entry: Type GTP WRS to identify yourself if you don't use a GTP tag
Room Settings
  • Room Comment: GTP_WRS GT-R @ Fuji GT
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard

Course Settings
  • Course: Fuji Speedway GT
  • No. of Laps: 12 + 1 Formation (x 2 Races)
  • Weather: NA
  • Weather Changeability: NA
  • Surface Water at Race Start: NA
  • Time: NA
  • Time Progression: NA

Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifier Format: Race Alone (if more than 10 drivers in lounge)
  • Time Limit: 6 Mins

Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled (Race 1) | 5 Min (Race 2)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First (Race 1) | Grid Based on Previous Race Results (Race 2)
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak

Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage (Nissan GT-R '07)
  • PP Limit: 537
  • Max Power Limit: 512 HP (Car = 508 HP w/oil change)
  • Minimum Weight: 1740 kg
  • Drivetrain: 4WD
  • Tires: Sports: Medium
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
  • Custom Rims: Available / Optional
  • Oil change: Required

Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Available / Optional
  • Driving Line: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional

Formation Lap

• After the qualification time is complete a steward will record the results.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Drivers should remain stopped on the grid after the countdown timer.
  • A steward will announce the starting order and drivers should proceed into a staggered formation in the order called.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track and other drivers will alternate sides.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 75 mph | 120 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Fuji Speedway GT is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Track Boundary Guidelines

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.

It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.​

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Keep two tires on/inside rumbles exiting turn one and the final corner.
  • Keep two tires on/inside rumbles exiting the hairpin.
  • Do not use pit lane to try and avoid other drivers drafting you, only use pit lane to enter pits.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

FujiSpeedwayGTcopy_zpsbb9a34cf.jpg

Notes:​
  • Times submitted will help the race admins create the initial lounge split.
  • If you end up in the wrong lounge you are going to end up racing with people who are not closest to your pace so please submit a practice lap if at all possible, especially if you do not have a division/handicap from the GT6 registry.
  • If you go faster in another session just re-submit, only your last submitted lap will be displayed and used.
  • Please be sure to match the regulations used for the events so all drivers are using a common set of regulations.
FujiSpeedwayGT_2copy_zpsa9957aa5.jpg

wrs-oe_3d3_race-highlights-png.104993

EU A room Race #1 by Tidgney

EU A room Race #2 by Tidgney

EU B room Race #1 by Speedy6543

EU B room Race #2 by Speedy6543

NA Race #1 by oink

Last edited:
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are introducing some new aspects this week in preparation for our first official race the following week.

Eligibility

Formation Lap with Staggered Rolling Start
  • See video in details post, ask questions here in thread before race time
  • These starts will be included in our official practice sessions and we advise you to practice so you can find proper braking points for turn one.
  • Be safe in turn 1 lap 1. Do not dive bomb. You can take a position if drivers make errors, but you should not be screaming through the field before the first turn.
  • The further back in the pack you are the more careful you must be on entry. Remember there are also guys behind you. Let off early and ease on the brakes. A good exit is more important than a fast entry.

Track boundary guidelines are included in the details post
  • Keep two tires on course at all times.
  • If you go wide a few times that's OK, just don't gain an advantage because of it.
  • Do NOT go off track and keep the throttle hammered to overtake or defend. If you go wide (not because of contact, but because of driver error) you should never benefit, but instead lift and give back all advantage gained.

Blocking is NOT allowed
  • There is no "one move allowed" clause in this series. You can't block Period.
    • You can move once to avoid being drafted and the move back to the racing line as you approach the next corner
    • You cannot move in reaction to someone else moving, that's a block.
    • If you come off the corner onto the straight and move over immediately that's fine, but no weaving or dodging draft back and forth
  • Draft dodging isn't against the rules as per above, but to be honest, we don't like it and discourage it (last lap dash to the line being an exception). If you do it to others they will return the favor. You make the choice, but race drivers tend to remember who's naughty and nice.
    • Much like other aspects of racing when it comes to gray areas (e.g. being a tad too aggressive, blocking, pseudo diving), do unto others as you want done in return. Show respect and earn it in return.
    • I had a driver follow me for 5 laps in the last event and not once did I move off the line to keep him out of my draft. He took the lead and every chance he got he moved around on track to avoid me drafting him. What am I going to do next time he's behind me? Don't be that guy. We're racing for fun so even though it's not technical illegal doesn't mean it's the best approach.
  • If you pass someone just before the brake zone be careful about diving in front of them at the last second and immediately braking to make the corner. You are going faster and have to brake a bit earlier and it might catch that person off guard.
    • It's a judgement call as to when is early enough to dive back directly in front, but if you make a habit of passing, diving in front and immediately braking you will end up on the receiving end of an accidental punt at some point and will cost yourself and the other driver significant time on the track.
    • Staying in your lane to brake might cost you a the optimal angle to the apex, but if in doubt stay in your inside line and if you managed to fully overlap the other car you should still be in front at the apex.

Last edited:
Any rooms still open, I have about 45 mins. I'll check and open one if not.

1472-6118-3658-4758-1865

Last edited:
I ran some laps with Tim, Animera, Bart and DeathStar(sorry I don't know your name) and did a 1 43 016. Most laps were about .2 higher than that. Tim thought the speed was faster in GT6 than the GT5 race. I took a look at the qualifier laps for that week, and the best qualifier was 1 42 776. I saw Bart do a low 1 42 within a few laps, so 1 41s are probably possible.

Note: After some practice races tonight we're changing the slipstream setting from real to weak. There is basically no pull at all from real with this combo. Weak has some pull and enables passing by the first turn if you get a decent exit, but it's not ridiculous -- and you basically still can't pass on by the start finish so it won't come down to a game a chicken at the end. It looks like the real setting is going to be limited to draft heavy tracks like Monza and/or really fast race cars or formula cars where the draft is just too much.

Good little pracitce Ian, Tim, Patrick and Deathstar :cheers: Slipstream setting on weak seems better for road cars. At the end of the session I got down to a 1'41.360 ;)

Last edited:
Good little pracitce Ian, Tim, Patrick and Deathstar :cheers: Slipstream setting on weak seems better for road cars. At the end of the session I got down to a 1'41.360 ;)

Edit: fixed leaderboard title.

Think I'm going to try the beer trick to go faster. I had a good time in practice and got a 1'41.944.
Looking forward to the races.

I'll be having a few practice session with this my favourite track with my dream car il be enjoying this one

I see we can select bigger rims but the car I have does not have them as an option, do I have the correct car?

I see we can select bigger rims but the car I have does not have them as an option, do I have the correct car?
They don't do anything from what I've heard, just visual, so I wouldn't worry either way. The car you should have is the GT-R '07.

It's copy/paste from last week. It actually just means that when the +1 inch wheels are available, you are allowed to install them. :)

After hectically driving the wife to work on these great roads here in snow-covered Michigan, I think I'll relax with some Fuji laps. If anyone cares to join, here is the Room ID: 1472-6118-4130-9222-1353.

After hectically driving the wife to work on these great roads here in snow-covered Michigan, I think I'll relax with some Fuji laps. If anyone cares to join, here is the Room ID: 1472-6118-4130-9222-1353.

In the room with a few others, doing my first practise laps.

Looking forward to this one. Will hopefully get some practice in tonight or over the weekend!! Aiming to just finish the race this time without majorly messing up. :D

Quick question about the formation lap? Does the game not automatically put you into the correct position on the grid after qualification based on the fastest time? Or am i missing something?

Does this car allow you to add bigger rims, I couldn't see it anywhere?

No. I changed the details to say custom rims available/optional and took out the part about size to eliminate confusion.

If we ever find rims impact performance we will regulate, but for now we assume it is just cosmetic. Please let us know if there is ever a case otherwise.

Back