GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 122 : Fuji(Nissan) GT(-R) V2.0 - January 22, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 319 comments
I flunked the final sector and was very fast in sector 1. :mischievous: That's why @WRP001 thinks... "Seems like I was getting beat badly in turn 1, but had an advantage in the final sector and mostly final turn for most laps." Because I was - apparently and shockingly - fastest in sector 1, and slowest of the top 6 in sector 3. Trail braking, it seems, really and truly is my specialty, but consecutive corners just aren't... At all.

I think it would be a good idea that everyone has the Blind Spot Indicator on for all races.
If you use an in car or bumpercam view it is a vital tool for knowing where the other guy is.
(it's annoying during qualifying though)
If everyone had it on there would be no excuse for not giving enough room or cutting off.

Sounds good in theory, but I don't think you can tell everyone to use it. I know I won't, as it's distracting and detracts from the immersion.

Since these were unofficial races, there were a few people who weren't signed up for WRS there. Starting this week there's going to be only WRS registry drivers who are allowed. That doesn't mean they have to be fast, or cannot ever make mistakes, but they will be held to a higher standard of driving.

If someone takes you out they are obligated to wait for you. If someone keeps taking people out race after race I'm sure the stewards will handle that. I've taken people out and I've been taken out myself, but I have the confidence that if I am racing against the regular crop of drivers I can go 2 or 3 or 4 wide (yes we have done 4 wide).

Ultimately you will notice that the standard for driving will be very high, we just have to be patient with some of the newer drivers. As you come back week after week you'll find you can put a lot of trust in the regulars here.

Good points @mohitraina91, but just a small correction, this GT-R race was the first unofficial race where the only people who could partake were those that have submitted their Qualifier replays. So everyone who got in on batch 1, or who will be part of batch 2, in the next week or two.

We had to deny 2 D1 guys since they hadn't gotten around to submitting yet.

I guess I am going to have to take my G27 pedals apart and try to fix. In that video, my gas pedal went dead for 4 or 5 seconds and I dropped from 4th to 10th, happened again later in another race but for a much shorter time. I have had issues of brake and gas pedals being slightly intermittent or sticking, but never going dead.

I had same problem with my G25 few years back. Solved my problem after replacing my potentiometer. :)

I had same problem with my G25 few years back. Solved my problem after replacing my potentiometer. :)
I took it apart and cleaned the potentiometer, all fixed now. I watched my replays from the Fuji races, and not only did the gas occasionally die, when it worked it was stuck on at over 10%. I was effectively trail braking the whole race, not too good for trying to brake hard at the end of the straight.

Last edited:
Here's the first race of room A! I must admit the middle of the race I was just struggling to hang on as @Twissy and @PASM showed outstanding pace, as it got near the end though I did what I planned on the last lap, just didn't quite make it!

If you want to have a front row seat to an epic battle, then give it a watch :)! Race 2 is uploading now and that has a little more action in from my side :)!

Thanks for posting the replay, Speedy 👍
I saved both race replays. I just watched my replay of this race, and both GTP_Nishracer and GTP_Sig were invisible to me. I believe I could see everyone in race 2.
I have the PS3 in DMZ and Upnp enabled. Is there anything else I can do?

Here's Race 2 from Room A!

A big battle between Me, Ghostdriver and Matthew! Was very fun indeed. The first was a bit crazy but ghost apologised after the race so was no problem then, but it did mean an epic battle :), between us 3!

Enjoy!

Here's the first race of Room B

Nice. Although I dropped to last in the first lap and later spun out, I managed to pass Dano89 before he disconnected. As seen in the replay, things got exciting during the last lap as I caught up to SKYLINE and Trux who were switching positions. Would have probably ended up in last if it wasn't for Trux going wide in the 2nd corner, giving me a chance to capitalize. Good race!

And here's the second race from Room B.

I hate to point this out, but this is a classic case of a jump start. :lol:

jumpstart.jpg

Serious Air!

jump2.JPG

I got eaten in both races :ouch: 1st race up to 3rd then back to last and 2nd race 6th to last :lol:.

Found the lag at the back of the field in race 2 very off putting.
Dodgy net code.. I've been spoiled by iRacing. Hard to concentrate when a competitors car is jumping 50ft in the air :boggled:

Yeah, GTP_Sig and RowdLL couldn't see eachother after rejoining from DC'ing from the first race.
And on top of that, they happen to want to take the same place on the grid. :lol:

If I cant go faster, at least I can go higher... ✈️

What hurt most in this invisible issue is that I lost to Sig on the last couple laps I think, without knowing it. It would have been nice to have a real fight for position on the last lap.

I will make sure router/ps3 is better set up next time, but really annoyed that gt6 (and gt5 before) are the only games I have online problems. It's just frustrating that something so important and so bugged never gets fixed by PD.

Back