GTP WRS-Online : Special Event I - GTP_WRS vs ORCA - Jan 28

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 189 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't attend this time either :ouch: , I'm sorry to say it so late but an unexpected situation makes me withdraw once more. :banghead:

Currently b-spec'ing the car, on 175hp at the moment. It's like watching paint dry. :yuck:

No practice yet. :scared:

Be there soon'ish. 👍

Currently b-spec'ing the car, on 175hp at the moment. It's like watching paint dry. :yuck:

No practice yet. :scared:

Be there soon'ish. 👍

Don't forget to change oil once you are broken in.

I didn't have GTP_3D3_A on my list so just sent a friend request to that ID... I assumed we'd be using the regular 3D3 lounge :dunce:

You are on the list chris... we need you in lounge now! you may need to log in and out of PSN to see the lounge in community.

Sphinx... you are missing qualifying... where are you?

Absolutely and Incredibly Awesone event guys! WRS you guys are a wonderful group with loads of talent. Clean to race with. Had fun the entire day.

Hope we do this again soon. Thank you for the opportunity.

I apologize to Chris and Dan I think in the first race, who I crashed in the straight at lap 9. HDMI cable got disconnected and couldn't see anything, tried to quit as fast as I could but when I watched at the stream you had lost so many places. Sorry again :(
In the 2nd race, It was better, except the fact that I forgot to start for two second bringing me second to last at the first turn :dunce: I made my way through the field and by lap 13-14 I could see Chris in the 1st place. Small mistakes, and since then there was a great race with Ren, finally I got past at the line as I geared up a little bit earlier than he did. Really enjoyed ! :D

I had an awesome time! Thanks to all that set this up! Lets do it again in a couple of months! How about GT 500 cars!

Al

Great Event ,thanks to Tim and Brandon for hosting this event.:)

Great first race ,followed by a great second race till lap 17, when a small tap ends all my inspirations of a good result.
Ah well,racing incidents happen.

Thanks all for the racing,

Clean and fair.👍

Thanks for the event everyone, had an absolute blast.
Great racing Owens, Yuri, Sagaris and bdub, and a big THANKYOU to Sjaak for the help in the first race.

First race was a disaster for me. Forced wide on the last turn, tried to hold it and then all hell broke loose. Not sure what happened but lost loads of time. Then joined battle with Ren and got DCd due to a router re-boot.

Second race was awesome until lap 8, when Dan decided to brake test me in the last sector. Not sure why - it was fierce wheel to wheel action til that point so I'm not sure what the problem was there. After reviewing the replay, Dan lost the back end off track on the last lap in turn 2 and veered into me.... I went way wide. Dan took off and I couldn't make up the gap with only half a lap left so he took the win. It was a racing incident though - I assumed foul play a bit hastily at the time after the lap 8 incident.

Surreal moment when Kevin shot off the track approaching turn 1 at about 140mph.... :P

I believe it was just nerves, but most drivers were at least a small bit overly aggressive in the first race, considering how easily the draft would pull you back up, but nothing serious happened my way, though I did witness a big crash that left me saying "WTF are those guys doing?!?!?", on the straight! :lol:
I assume that's where Anastasis lost HDMI, and presumably pressed start?
Gained me back some good ground though, since my early spin had set me back to 11th. :banghead:

The second race was a game of leapfrog, just 3 guys waiting till the finish, hoping to get the edge, which fortunately turned out to be me. :)
I noticed around 16 or so, they started getting a little more aggressive, so once I grabbed the lead on 18-19 I started carefully timing my movements to give specific drivers my draft, hoping to get them into side-by-side action behind me, one way or another it worked, I was able to lead the whole of the last 2 laps I believe, and take the checkered flag as comfortably as I could have hoped.

Good races out there, good performances by quite a few. 👍

Great Event ,thanks to Tim and Brandon for hosting this event.:)

Great first race ,followed by a great second race till lap 17, when a small tap ends all my inspirations of a good result.
Ah well,racing incidents happen.

Thanks all for the racing,

Clean and fair.👍
I'm thinking this was me? I know at one point later on in race 2 your car acted like it was impacted, but I felt absolutely nothing, though it looked unbelievably close. You were peaking your nose up on the outside of turn 2 I think, tbh I'm not sure why, there certainly wasn't room for a pass there, but I didn't think too much of it though, since you kept the draft and even had the lead afterwards.

All-in-all, it was very good out there guys, good racing day. :)

The only negative thing I saw was quite a few dirty qualifying laps, I'm not sure what the exact boundaries were, I assumed 4 wheels off track meant dirty if the driver didn't slow down, but I saw at least 4 drivers have 4 wheels off without slowing at all on their qualifying laps, between the two races.
I enjoy live qualifying, but it seems it works better when people watch and scrutinize.
The only reason I mention it, is because if you allow it once, you allow it twice, and next thing you know we start allowing 4 off, but only to a certain degree, then nobody knows where out of bounds is anymore. The issue becomes worse if untreated, that's all.
Not one of the laps I mention looked intentional at all, for what that's worth, but like I said, if untreated, it can grow quite quickly, just some food for thought.

Good races out there, good performances by quite a few. 👍

I'm thinking this was me? I know at one point later on in race 2 your car acted like it was impacted, but I felt absolutely nothing, though it looked unbelievably close. You were peaking your nose up on the outside of turn 2 I think, tbh I'm not sure why, there certainly wasn't room for a pass there, but I didn't think too much of it though, since you kept the draft and even had the lead afterwards.

No ,not you Dominic,

Can not recall seeing you on track,
you were far infront of the pack I was battling with.

Congrats on your win.:)

Vagabond
Surreal moment when Kevin shot off the track approaching turn 1 at about 140mph.... :P

Agree. I heard EDK go by the nose of my car more than I saw him... Was like a flash. Maybe my favorite moment of the race. He didn't touch me or anyone else as far as I know and didn't even impact my line, but if would have T-bone me we would have been a crumpled mess of gold chrome and purple passion.

That pack in race 1 was something I've never seen outside of a NASCAR restrictor plate race. All triangles as one. Crazy and hydro was on the right end of that train and I was on the other.

And I agree in future I think penalties in quali should be used. It's just impossible to enforce otherwise. I can say 100% that I never had 3 wheels off track for quali... Now the race I was rubbish at times and wondered if I ever had two wheels on track.

Brandon, thank you for agreeing to my crazy idea and then helping to make it all happen. Fun to do something special/different like this once in a while. 👍

To be clear, I don't think in this particular instance the qualifying really impacted the race, I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, just my anticipation spoken out loud is all.

No ,not you Dominic,

Got you mixed up with Sphinx. :D
You, Speedy and Sphinx, the three "S" mods that I've raced with. :lol:

Yeah, you could say I get confused easily sometimes.:dopey:

Yeah, have not gone back to replay, but I was drafting for a pass on someone, and when I pulled out, I lost track of my braking point. Knew I had a problem when I saw the apex. :scared:

Agree. I heard EDK go by the nose of my car more than I saw him... Was like a flash. Maybe my favorite moment of the race. He didn't touch me or anyone else as far as I know and didn't even impact my line, but if would have T-bone me we would have been a crumpled mess of gold chrome and purple passion.

Thanks for waiting after I disco'd at the start of race 2. Appreciate you guys doing that. 👍

As far as I recall, I actually timed it to slide past the front of you, as it was the only place I could go without taking everyone out. Pretty sure I actually released the brakes for a moment to make sure I got by you. Once I saw the situation I put myself in, my sole goal was to keep from ruining everyones race.

I was 23 second behind at T1, and I maintained about that gap for the rest of the race. Was actually kind of fun coming from the back, I got to run most of the race in clean air, except when I caught the pack of 3 ORCA guys. They were tough to get by. :crazy:

I assume that's where Anastasis lost HDMI, and presumably pressed start?

Once I couldn't see anything on my TV I pressed the button and moved the stick to the right 3 times to exit, in order not to hit anybody. But on the way doing this I felt some hard vibration at my controller :guilty:. Sorry :nervous:

No ,not you Dominic,

Sakes, I hope it wasn't me, I'll check the replay later. I was there when you spun but don't remember noticing how it happened. Also wish I'd been a little more teamwork-oriented with you, instead of just playing leapfrog. Great driving! 👍

Seriously great driving by both teams, from my view. Congrats to ORCA! :cheers:

Can't wait to see what Tim dreams up next! :lol: He seriously deserves to be paid real money for this. :cool:

Just watched the replay on the Speed(y) channel. Congrats to Marc for pole and a win in the first race, and an almost pole in the second one. And thanks to CSL and Sphinx (Dom and Jerry? -- hmm, sounds familiar...) for keeping Marc from scoring too many points for the wrong team! :D That looked like a great three-way battle!

Gravitron
Can't wait to see what Tim dreams up next! :lol: He seriously deserves to be paid real money for this. :cool:

The 2 ideas have already been cooked up and Marc is in on the madness... Thing is there needs to be downtime between these things to prevent burnout. But I'll get the itch again soon enough. :sly:

For now I just want to drive, especially after my "couldn't do diddly poo" performance today.

The 2 ideas have already been cooked up and Marc is in on the madness... Thing is there needs to be downtime between these things to prevent burnout. But I'll get the itch again soon enough. :sly:

For now I just want to drive, especially after my "couldn't do diddly poo" performance today.

You picked a great track 👍
I was sure it would be close, but not that close. It was like the Daytona 500 at one point.

You picked a great track 👍
I was sure it would be close, but not that close. It was like the Daytona 500 at one point.

Track pick was mine. ;)

Nice race we had, BTW. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back