GTP WRS-Online : Special Event I - GTP_WRS vs ORCA - Jan 28

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 189 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thanks to WRP and Brandon for taking on this project. I know it's a lot of work and you deserve all the credit in the world for doing this for nothing more than a virtual pat on the back:sly:

For me this was a great event. Well organized and on time. I qualified poorly but managed a pair of 4th place finishes among some very heated competition. The level of skill throughout the field in the A group was so close it was just a matter of a couple of small mistakes here or there making the difference between 3rd and 10th. In the ORCA Alfa Zagato Series we get 2,3 or sometimes 4 guys running together for a while, but never 8 or 9 for multiple laps. Was very intense:nervous: and a lot of fun:)

The racing was about as clean as you can expect with such close competition. I think most everyone went off track a bit here or there but never habitually, nor to gain postion or advantage of any kind.

So when is the next one?:ouch:

I loved the first race! :)

I feel I let the team down in the second.
turtle.gif

Still, what an awesome day!
rockon.gif

Thanks again Tim and Brandon!!
thankyoub.gif

:cheers:

:gtpflag:

Let's do another one at Suzuka after the Orca season is over. :dopey: Less formal... just show up on a Saturday at that time and race. :lol:

EDK
Yeah, have not gone back to replay, but I was drafting for a pass on someone, and when I pulled out, I lost track of my braking point. Knew I had a problem when I saw the apex. :scared:

That was me. Figured you had either despaired at how awesome my paint job is, or were just blinded by the Sun when Tim's came into view again....

Was expecting the pass, but wondered if you had enough track left :D

I was mightily impressed both by how neatly you threaded the needle, and the pace of the hunt back up to 6th 👍

Massively enjoyed both races today, and the battles. Anastasis!

Shame I bobbled and lost draft early after messing up both quali laps in room A - wouldn't have finished much higher there, but a better view of the massive pack would have been cool. Haven't had a chance to check that replay yet.

Big :cheers: to Tim and Brandon for pulling this one off.
Great series, and great fun 👍

Congrats Dominic! That was a very tight, close, and absolutely amazing race.
I had a feeling that on lap 17 or so you were 'pacing yourself' as Sphinx and I battled on. It was a great call and proved that a smart driver will always win in the end. I was just lost in the battle at that point and wanted to make sure I didn't enter turn 1 on lap 20 in 3rd. Blew that :D
20 laps in a GTP_Sandwich got to me.
Thanks for the lesson :sly:

Can I race for GTP_ next time? :)
It kinda felt like I was playing for the Toronto Male Leafs (turns head and spits) instead of my beloved Canadiens.
I promise I'll run more TT's :lol:

Note sure if anyone has pics of the Round 1 - Room B qualification numbers or results, but here are the ones for the rest. Sorry the Round 1A quali is so fuzzy: Fixed (a little).
Round 1 Room A quali:
A1Quali.jpg

Round 1 Room A Results:
round1A_results.jpg

Round 2 Room A Quali:
A2Quali.jpg

Round 2 Room A Results:
A2results.jpg

Round 2 Room B Quali:
round2B_quali.jpg

Round 2 Room B Results:
round2B_results.jpg