track_spa_francorchamps.jpg

EDK Goes to Laguna

8:00 PM PST / 11:00 PM EST / 04:00 GMT

img.php

Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00 @ Mazda Racway Laguna Seca

car_toyota_superautobas_apexmr_s.jpg
track_laguna_seca.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Each of these events was a ton of fun the first time around and among the admins they're personal favorites so we're bringing them back for one more round. A few of these races were run before the series became an official GTP sanctioned event. In fact Mountaineering was the event that kicked it all off for 3D3Racing back in September 2011. :cheers: Each of these events will run about 75 minutes with 15 minutes for qualification and 60 minutes of racing.

With this special event we are offering a wide range (and some different) time slots hoping a few members who can't take part in our regular Wednesday time slots will have a chance to take part in the fun.

Have fun! 👍

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing and GTP_3D3_B)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times

• NA: Thursday and Friday, February 23 & 24. Times TBD.
  • EU: Thursday and Friday, February 23 & 24. Times TBD.
  • Pre-Race: The lounge will be open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings (Varies by Event)

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live 15 Minute Single-Stint Pre-Race Qualifying
  • Timing: Begins at event start time after track reset and just before the race
  • Duration: 15 minutes

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: Varies By Event (~60 minute race length)
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Pit Stops: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: Varies By Event
  • Tire Restrictions: Varies By Event
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • Driving Line | TCS | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Mountaineering:

Decisions, Decisions

• Original Time Trial: GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 28 Event: Decisions, Decisions
  • Original Online Event: Decisions, Decisions Online
  • Track: Nürburgring GP/F
  • Laps: 30 (original event 25 laps)
  • Car Choice #1: ABT Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (from Standard Garage)
  • Car Choice #2: BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 (from Standard Garage)
  • Car Choice #3: Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 (from Standard Garage)
  • Tires: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Allowed. Specific upgrades allowed. Please see original event.
  • Example Tunes: WRP (Audi), Hydro (BMW, Audi)

Rock the KazSpa:

EDK Goes to Laguna:

• Original Time Trial: GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 40 Event: EDK Goes to Laguna
  • Original Online Event: EDK Goes to Laguna Online
  • Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Laps: 40
  • Car: Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00 (from Standard Garage)
  • Tires: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Allowed. Specific upgrades allowed. Please see original event.
  • Example Tunes: MadMax86, Use an offline setup with Max ride height for online.

KazSpaStart.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and stay in one grid.
With 17+ we will split the grid.

3d3_sat_120225_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing".
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your registration just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting only "cancel" as your time slot.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online Special Event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members and ORCA series drivers only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

DecisionsLap1.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesraceresults.png

RACE

special_II_res_tmr.png

special_II_res_decisions.png

special_II_res_kazspa.png

special_II_res_laguna.png

QUALIFYING

special_II_quali_tmr.png

special_II_quali_decisions.png

special_II_quali_kazspa.png

special_II_quali_laguna.png

Last edited:
Awesome, I should be able to make it.:)
The combo I won is at 5 AM my time, ah well.. it's weekend.:P

Hey Tim, great idea, thanks for organizing this. I'll probably register for one or two of these.

I think you have the GP/D map instead of the GP/F. Also, under course & car settings, you duplicated Laguna Seca and forgot Mountaineering. We'll forgive you for this time.

Hey Tim, great idea, thanks for organizing this. I'll probably register for one or two of these.

I think you have the GP/D map instead of the GP/F. Also, under course & car settings, you duplicated Laguna Seca and forgot Mountaineering. We'll forgive you for this time.

Thanks, I fixed the links/text in the Course & Car Settings.

For the images I link to the images from the WRS Leaderboard, but for Week 28: Decisions the images are not correct so I used the closest car/track possible (notice both car and track are wrong as we're not using a Denso). Just to be clear though, we are using the GP/F layout.

I should be able to make the first. Would love to do the the 2nd but just wont be here at that time.

For the Spa race, am I able to race on it still without having the track? or did they change it?

Can't miss out on DTM's at the Ring.:)

Sign me up.👍

Signed up as confirmed for Decisions and KazSpa, maybe for the others.
Hopefully I can make Mountaineering as well - Need a rematch against Tim ;)

I should be able to make the first. Would love to do the the 2nd but just wont be here at that time.

For the Spa race, am I able to race on it still without having the track? or did they change it?

I think they (PD) did change things a bit and you need the track now to drive there.
I'll check though, and get back to you.
If anyone knows for sure, please let us know.

Sorry, you need the DLC track to race on it online.

Note: If we have 12 or less for a race we will enable mics (GTP_3D3Racing). With 13-15 we will stay in one room, but switch to the mic-disabled lounge starting with qualification (GTP_3D3_A). With 16+ we will split into two mic-enabled lounges (GTP_3D3Racing & GTP_3D3_B).

Awesome day planned, I have registered for them all (reserved on Laguna until I can secure car). Thankyou Tim for all of the work you do in organizing the online events, I look forward to each and every one.

Awesome day planned, I have registered for them all (reserved on Laguna until I can secure car). Thankyou Tim for all of the work you do in organizing the online events, I look forward to each and every one.

If the car can be gifted I'll get you one... don't remember.

Yes, it's tradeable... so send me a FR and I'll send you one. Same goes for anyone else who wants one... We have plenty of time that anyone interested will be able to get one via gift. Just don't wait until too close to the event.

EDIT: I sent a car to GTP_3D3Racing so we can distribute the car pretty easily if you are on that friends list.

PS> Even though my name goes on the OP of these threads the other OLR admins do plenty of the work putting them together. 👍

Last edited:
Just changed my registry status to confirmed for Laguna but reserved now for decisions. I thought I have 2 of the cars but I don't have any on this account and they can't be traded :(

Just changed my registry status to confirmed for Laguna but reserved now for decisions. I thought I have 2 of the cars but I don't have any on this account and they can't be traded :(

Can they be borrowed?

Al

Allibubba99
Can they be borrowed?

Al

Not for online use. Best bet is hope the next OCD refresh includes one or try and get your used car dealership to refresh and just keep checking. There are three cars to choose from so you've got good odds.

Because I mainly use another profile I backed up my gtp save and restarted. The BMW GTR will be in the ucd in 43 game days and the MR-S in 58.
I don't need any of the other cars in my garage, or at least not for now.
P.S. 1 Dream Car seasonal win has put me on level 11.

jtv90069
Because I mainly use another profile I backed up my gtp save and restarted. The BMW GTR will be in the ucd in 43 game days and the MR-S in 58.
I don't need any of the other cars in my garage, or at least not for now.
P.S. 1 Dream Car seasonal win has put me on level 11.

I'll send you the autobacs tomorrow when my "1 gift per day" resets.

You can refresh the garage just by cycling thru licenses tests... Don't need to take them just hit next and game days advance while you watch boring load screens. 5 times and a full refresh of garage.

Thanks Tim. If there's an influx of people asking for the toyota in the next 24hrs then I can just pick it up from the ucd (probably later today at this rate). At the moment I'm doing the Dream Car seasonal to level up and get some cash, I need 1,250,000 credits to get both and I should have about that once I am done with it.

I would like to put my hat in the ring to be badly beaten in the Mountaineering race please. Looks like fun.

btcanon
I would like to put my hat in the ring to be badly beaten in the Mountaineering race please. Looks like fun.

👍 it's a fun race!

Since its your first race with us read the registration post (3rd thread)... You need to send friend requests and fill out the google forms. Fell free to ask any questions here.

Glad you're joining us. :cheers:

Submitted entries into the Mountaineering and the Rock the KazSpa races (with a "maybe" for the "Decisions, Decisions" because I think my wife would kill me if I spend all saturday in front of the PS3 lol)

EDK, sorry about not joining the Laguna Race, but 4 AM is too much for an old man :D

First time EVER I enter a GTP sanctioned event. Time to use the tag I think ... :)

Last edited:
Welcome Hun 👍,you won't be disappointed,the races are awesome.

I submitted a entry for the Mountaineering :)

That race was missed for the EU so glad to have a second chance.

First time EVER I enter a GTP sanctioned event. Time to use the tag I think ... :)

Hun, I sent you a friend request from the main lounge: GTP_3D3Racing. We also have alternate private lounges we use if we have to split the grid or run a mic-disabled event, but your friends list was full so it wouldn't accept requests from GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B. We might not use these lounges for this event, but if you want to be safe free up a couple friend slots and send a PSN FR to both of these accounts.

btcanon, I sent out the FR for you from all three lounges. You still need to fill out the google forms to register however.

Hun, I sent you a friend request from the main lounge: GTP_3D3Racing. We also have alternate private lounges we use if we have to split the grid or run a mic-disabled event, but your friends list was full so it wouldn't accept requests from GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B. We might not use these lounges for this event, but if you want to be safe free up a couple friend slots and send a PSN FR to both of these accounts.

Will do, as soon as I get home (and to my PS3) later tonight. Thanks! 👍

Speedy gave you the link to the driver registration which only needs to be done once per driver (along with the friend requests).

Then to sign up for any individual event you have to click the button:

Each of our event threads has this button in the 3rd post (registration) which will link you to the individual form for that individual event (in this case special event). You have to click this and fill out the form for every event you want to register for (these 4 races are all using one combined form).

Back