GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
I'm still in the lobby but stepping away from the PS3 for an hour or so.

Btw: How many LMP's have done the qualifyer?
If 6.. 4th aint that good.. ;)

I'd like to run some laps later (9pm GMT approx) in the Corvette, should I use my own lounge or can I use the public one?

I'd like to run some laps later (9pm GMT approx) in the Corvette, should I use my own lounge or can I use the public one?

Check this thread right before you're ready, to make sure no one's in the middle of a quali run, and then check who's in the various GTP_3D3 lounges. It will most likely be fine to use the GTP_3D3Racing main lounge.

WRP001

I've submitted my time to the GTP_Registry so all is good :dopey:

👍 Note that the LMP qualifying deadline for Lobby A has passed already, but you are welcome to qualify for room B in that class until Thursday. GT class qualifying is still wide open and only a few drivers have qualified to date.

Send out friend requests from your GTP tag PSN account to the 3D3 lounges and join us for online practice and then just post here when you are ready to make your qualifying run and a steward will join up and observe if they are available.

OK, Here are the official qualifying results for the LMP class:

enduro_quali_lmp.png

Sorry for the slight delay. Marc (Hydro) had run a 2'01.921, but after full inspection of the replay he slightly cut Eau Rouge and that lap got a 2 second penalty and thus his 2nd best lap of 2'02.583 became his quickest.

Now a couple things to note about the results. First, Wardez's qualification is pending his addition to the official registry mid week which is expected. Second, we've opened up qualifying to additional LMP drivers for room B so those drivers who's two lap averages didn't satisfy the original requirement (times in red) can still be overtaken by new qualifiers. There will be a maximum of 14 total LMP drivers across both lounges. If we don't have that many then the GT class will occupy the remaining spots in B.

The drivers in green cannot be "displaced", but they will lose their spot in Lobby A if they decide to go on LMP reserve in an attempt to qualify for GT. The top 7 drivers are locked into A if they choose to commit to LMP. I've already heard from several and now the top 7 need to let me know ASAP:
  1. GTP_Aderrrm (committed)
  2. GTP_PASM (committed)
  3. GTP_Chorda
  4. GTP_WRP001 (committed)
  5. GTP_Hydro (committed)
  6. GTP_CSL
  7. GTP_DrWatson (committed)

The first reserve for Lobby A is Gravitron and will move up if any of the A qualifiers vacate their slots.

Drivers in the full results table above have the next 24 hours to make their decision or they'll be locked into LMP. The original deadline was 11:59 PM pacific, but since we had a 12 hour delay in publishing the results we'll push that deadline by an equal amount.

Finally, if the top 3 finishers above do not object I'm going to make a podium video of their qualification laps. Silence will be accepted as permission. :sly:

Last edited by a moderator:
A few common track infractions at Spa that will result in a time penalty

Running wide exiting La Source (turn 1)
Cutting Eau Rouge anywhere including bottom of hill to start, middle or exit
Cutting anywhere in Les Combes (right-left chicane to start T2)
Going wide on Malmedy
Cutting or going wide exiting Turn 11 (left after Rivage hairpin)
Going wide on Pouhon (turn 12) mid corner or on exit approaching Fagnes
Going wide on Stavelot 2 (turn 16)
Cutting inside grass at Blanchimont or going wide beyond right rumbles on exit (turn 18)
Cutting final chicane (turns 19/20)
Going wide on exit of final chicane.

What is "running/cutting/going wide" mean 4 wheels outside the rumbles or on grass?

Does "cutting anywhere" mean all four wheels have to be inside the rumbles at those specified places?

Answers are probably noob-like, but.................I am noob-like for this, so pardon the questions.

EDIT: I guess the podium video of their LMP qualification laps might answer a few questions.

What is "running/cutting/going wide" mean 4 wheels outside the rumbles or on grass?

Does "cutting anywhere" mean all four wheels have to be inside the rumbles at those specified places?

Answers are probably noob-like, but.................I am noob-like for this, so pardon the questions.

EDIT: I guess the podium video of their LMP qualification laps might answer a few questions.

You run the WRS and we are using the same basic rules (2 tires on track at all times, rumbles part of track). The only difference is if your "off" clearly costs you time there will be no penalty applied. But anything that could help your time will be penalized. Basically any cut in Eau Rouge needs to be penalized because time can be gained easily there.

For the race itself, it's more a matter of frequency / tendancy. One isolate "off" in Eau Rouge where you don't gain positions by taking advantage of it will not be penalized. But a pattern of going off track or using a cut to your advantage to gain positions or stay in the draft can and will results in time and/or position penalties.

If it's viewed as a total disregard for track boundaries then a DQ is in order. Honestly, I don't see any of the drivers in the field driving in a way that would land them in that category.

Check this thread right before you're ready, to make sure no one's in the middle of a quali run, and then check who's in the various GTP_3D3 lounges. It will most likely be fine to use the GTP_3D3Racing main lounge.

*Checks this thread*

*Jumps in lounge*

Just kick me out or ask me to leave if/when you want quali time.

Well done Adam. I'll be proud of myself if after 2.4 hours I'm still on your lead lap. :)👍

*** QUALI in progress.****
Please do not enter the main 3D3 lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins. 👍

Lounge is open. Awesome GT qualifying effort Biffy.

I was not planning on doing quali for the LMP class at all yesterday.. So I was initially in the Vette yesterday. Then Marc told me that the LMP deadline was close, so I might as well throw in a time.. Said and done. But now, I have to decide if I'm going to stay in the LMP class before running my GT quali.. Honestly, I wish I could do both.. :lol:

I ran a 2:12.1XX in practice yesterday in the Vette. Don't know where that puts me (if it was an official quali that is), but it felt pretty good. And I love that car.

I'm also a bit concerned about racing LMP's.. Mostly because I've never done it before, and I'm afraid that the higher pace will perhaps make me do errors.. And I'd hate to ruin someone elses race just because I was a noob in that class..

Can someone try to explain the differnces in racing LMP's and Vette RM/GT500's?
I'd love some input. 👍

Cheers

Cool. 👍 Really thought I was vulnerable after my 2nd lap shenanigans.

Not even close ;)
Your 2 lap average still beats any single quali lap from all the other drivers.
I thought I joined you in the '01 club, but a minor off that I didn't think was wide live put an end to that.

I think it crushed Tim to ask me to verify my replay after he watched it, but in the end I was a bit wide in Eau Rouge. :(
Can't tell you how much it hurt to have to confirm my own lap and the subsequent penalty.
Tough room :lol:

Like Dr. Watson (Go Habs Go), I'm hoping to stay and finish on the same lap as Adam in the race 👍
That will be a lot tougher than it sounds I'm afraid.

You run the WRS and we are using the same basic rules (2 tires on track at all times, rumbles part of track). The only difference is if your "off" clearly costs you time there will be no penalty applied. But anything that could help your time will be penalized. Basically any cut in Eau Rouge needs to be penalized because time can be gained easily there.

For the race itself, it's more a matter of frequency / tendancy. One isolate "off" in Eau Rouge where you don't gain positions by taking advantage of it will not be penalized. But a pattern of going off track or using a cut to your advantage to gain positions or stay in the draft can and will results in time and/or position penalties.

If it's viewed as a total disregard for track boundaries then a DQ is in order. Honestly, I don't see any of the drivers in the field driving in a way that would land them in that category.

Thanks, Tim.

Question for the support races on Saturday. Are you guys planning to run only one lobby for each race or multiple lobbies? I'm hoping to be able to run both races and was thinking of driving GT in one, even though I am making LMP my primary choice. I thought it would be fun to get a race in with that beautiful car and also get a feel for what the GT drivers go through with traffic on Sunday. I would only want to do that if there were multiple lobbies and I wouldn't mess anything up. Otherwise I can do LMP for both.

And I want to make sure also that since I missed the original deadline for LMP qualifying, if I'm in the top 14 I would be locked into lobby B no matter my rank, right?

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying the Peugeot so I'm glad you suggested it. I got into the mid 2'03s today in practice.

I was not planning on doing quali for the LMP class at all yesterday.. So I was initially in the Vette yesterday. Then Marc told me that the LMP deadline was close, so I might as well throw in a time.. Said and done. But now, I have to decide if I'm going to stay in the LMP class before running my GT quali.. Honestly, I wish I could do both.. :lol:

I ran a 2:12.1XX in practice yesterday in the Vette. Don't know where that puts me (if it was an official quali that is), but it felt pretty good. And I love that car.

I'm also a bit concerned about racing LMP's.. Mostly because I've never done it before, and I'm afraid that the higher pace will perhaps make me do errors.. And I'd hate to ruin someone elses race just because I was a noob in that class..

Can someone try to explain the differnces in racing LMP's and Vette RM/GT500's?
I'd love some input. 👍

Cheers

You can run GT quali today or tomorrow morning, before you decide, but you won't get the full picture because not everyone will have qualified for GT by the time you must decide. I can say that 2:12.1 is *very* fast. I'm guessing you would probably end up in the top 2-3 in GT class with that time, but who knows who could show up.

None of us have a lot of experience racing in the LMP class. I wouldn't worry about that as you have as much or more general online racing experience as the vast majority of us.

If you feel better with GT then by all means make the swap. Personally, I'd recommend you stick with LMP, but it's your call. I've been practicing with this car for a couple weeks and it grows on me more and more every day I drive it. Much more throttle control required than in the GT class.

Note that if you decide to run GT you are welcome to join one of the support races on saturday just to give the LMP car a whirl -- or visa versa.

Question for the support races on Saturday. Are you guys planning to run only one lobby for each race or multiple lobbies? I'm hoping to be able to run both races and was thinking of driving GT in one, even though I am making LMP my primary choice. I thought it would be fun to get a race in with that beautiful car and also get a feel for what the GT drivers go through with traffic on Sunday. I would only want to do that if there were multiple lobbies and I wouldn't mess anything up. Otherwise I can do LMP for both.

And I want to make sure also that since I missed the original deadline for LMP qualifying, if I'm in the top 14 I would be locked into lobby B no matter my rank, right?

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying the Peugeot so I'm glad you suggested it. I got into the mid 2'03s today in practice.

We'll run as many lobbies as necessary on Saturday, but we may also push the limits of the lounge a bit more and stay in one lounge if we are 15-16... it all depends how many guys show up.

Speaking of which, as we get close to saturday I'm hoping the guys on reserve can update their status to either In or Out so we can make the lounge decision.

Scott -- yes you are right you cannot get into Lounge A in LMP because the deadline passed, but if you are in the top 14 you will get in Lounge B. I have a feeling we're going to be short in LMP as at least one driver has already defected to GT so shouldn't be an issue if you want to run.

You can race in each of the classes on Saturday... one per event... that's totally fine.

Last edited:
Just an FYI; Saturday is my busy day for racing so I'm not going to be at either of the support races.

Dunno how you lot are doing 2:12s in the Corvette. I'm 3+ seconds slower than that, so I'm doing several things pretty badly wrong! You're all limiting it to 552bhp....right?

Just an FYI; Saturday is my busy day for racing so I'm not going to be at either of the support races.

That's not a problem. Might want to pop in and practice later in the week when we do some full mixed class practices just so you are familiar with the other drivers and the speed differences at various parts of the track. Up to you though and not required, just recommended.

Dunno how you lot are doing 2:12s in the Corvette. I'm 3+ seconds slower than that, so I'm doing several things pretty badly wrong! You're all limiting it to 552bhp....right?

Nobody has qualified with a lap that fast (2'12.X) so we'll see how it shakes out.

My guess is this time was done with tyre and fuel depletion off if that helps millross.

You can run GT quali today or tomorrow morning, before you decide, but you won't get the full picture because not everyone will have qualified for GT by the time you must decide. I can say that 2:12.1 is *very* fast. I'm guessing you would probably end up in the top 2-3 in GT class with that time, but who knows who could show up.

None of us have a lot of experience racing in the LMP class. I wouldn't worry about that as you have as much or more general online racing experience as the vast majority of us.

If you feel better with GT then by all means make the swap. Personally, I'd recommend you stick with LMP, but it's your call. I've been practicing with this car for a couple weeks and it grows on me more and more every day I drive it. Much more throttle control required than in the GT class.

Note that if you decide to run GT you are welcome to join one of the support races on saturday just to give the LMP car a whirl -- or visa versa.

You're right.. Perhaps LMP racing is'nt that common.. But the pace will be high, in already really fast cars.. :scared:
And with the "inexperiance" within this group to race LMP's, I can def see some incidents, not any major ones.. But small mistakes due to the pace. Especially with the share time of the event in mind.

Reason why I wanted to race the Vette in the first place was for 2 reasons. 1. The car is just awesome to drive and looks stunning. 👍 2. I've been in quite a few mixed class races, but always in the faster class. So I wanted to try something new sort of.

But yea, I'm going to stop flooding this thread now with nonsense..
Leaning towards the LMP's..

Or the GT's..

@ Ren-Tec: The 2:12.1XX was done in Private Lounge, Real Grip reduction and Fuel/Tyre wear on. And limited to 552 bhp/ 624 pp, as stated in the OP:tup:

Last edited:
When is the deadline for me to commit to LMP or GT, considering just how bad my qualifying time was? I know I can put in a bunch of practice and at least get close to the pace, or I can just ditch that and go to GT where I'm a bit closer (I think; pretty sure I'm going to be in room B either way)?

Denilson

Any tips here, im running 621pp 552bhp Racing hards 1090kg fuel and tyre wear on in an online lounge tuned in nice but a 2:12 feels like Everest???

Denilson

Any tips here, im running 621pp 552bhp Racing hards 1090kg fuel and tyre wear on in an online lounge tuned in nice but a 2:12 feels like Everest???

624pp; 552 bhp;racing hards; 1090kg; fuel & tire wear and ditto!!! :sly:

Back