GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
*** QUALI in progress.****
Please do not enter the main 3D3 lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins. ๐Ÿ‘

Lobby is open again.
Great quali Scott ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
Congrats Adam, Bart, and Dennis for the top 3 LMP spots. ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers: to Tim and Marc for the next 2 spots, and doing about 100X more steward-work for this than me. You guys kick the butt.

And everyone who has made it through a quali session so far...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I hope you were less tense and shaky than I was, but oh what an experience! Great fun. :)

Will be hitting F5 every few seconds to see what develops over the next few days. :lol:

EDIT: Good luck Scott! You picked it up REALLY quick! :cheers: Marc or Tim might already be in there, but if not, I can't make it till around 11:30pm CT.

Thank you! ๐Ÿ‘ :embarrassed:

About the quali procedure, it's nice, is'nt it? I just love the format.. It's really hard to now start to sweat a bit.. :lol:

I believe WSGTC was the first one to use this method.. And I've loved to do these qualifyers over the last 12 months. Even just spectating them is fun. ๐Ÿ‘

Actually we created it for the first season of Spec Miata (now FMSC), I initially pitched the idea of live qualifying since we couldn't rely on every one to be fair during group qualifying (every one was new to each other) so we came up with the format and then I pushed it onto Masi since both our series were in the same boat at the time (November 2010) and were reosrting to having every one upload Youtube clips of their runs for qualifiers. The live week-long qualifying method quickly became a standard with our different series soon after that. The first live qualifying for WSGTC was the Monza ore-season race and it was Nurburgring GP for spec miata after some testinf iirc.

Funny note: Jason (R1600Turbo) wanted to originally make the format a one-lap flyer. I kept begging him to make it two laps but he wouldn't budge, that is until El_Zissou told him simply, "one is to short, make it two" and suddenly Jason was like, "Great idea!"

Actually we created it for the first season of Spec Miata (now FMSC), I initially pitched the idea of live qualifying since we couldn't rely on every one to be fair during group qualifying (every one was new to each other) so we came up with the format and then I pushed it onto Masi since both our series were in the same boat at the time (November 2010) and were reosrting to having every one upload Youtube clips of their runs for qualifiers. The live week-long qualifying method quickly became a standard with our different series soon after that. The first live qualifying for WSGTC was the Monza pre-season race and it was Nurburgring GP for spec miata after some testinf iirc.

Funny note: Jason (R1600Turbo) wanted to originally make the format a one-lap flyer. I kept begging him to make it two laps but he wouldn't budge, that is until El_Zissou told him simply, "one is to short, make it two" and suddenly Jason was like, "Great idea!"

Eddie, you're like a dictionary.. lol..

All I remembered was that it was sometime in the beginning of WSGTC.. But it was the right thing to do. The first couple of pre-season qualis was just a mess due to whatever reasons.. Not able to upload replays etc.. And iirc, another reason for the live qualifying format was that it was 100% sertain at that time that the offline vs online physics were miles apart..

*reminiscing" :embarrassed:

Thanks to Tim, Mark, And Jon for observing my qualifying session. That was a lot of fun to be under the stress of one chance, 3 laps, see what you can do. It was very easy to allow small mistakes multiply into big ones under that pressure. I was thrilled with the time though, close to the fastest that I've turned in partice. Thanks again.๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
Nice laps, Scott! ๐Ÿ‘ This weekend is going to be EPIC. :gtplanet: ...And it's only Monday...:-/

@Tim or Marc.......not sure who alluded to it, but at one point it was mentioned that the support races would be, if I remember correctly, around one hour or about 50-60 laps.

Was there ever a definitive time/laps determined for the Support Races? I may have missed it if so.

Thanks

I was really looking forward to taking part in this, but the 4.11 update has really screwed me over and now my PS3 is not recognising any disks. :yuck:
Hope you guys have a great race, I'll try to follow the results.

DDiamond
@Tim or Marc.......not sure who alluded to it, but at one point it was mentioned that the support races would be, if I remember correctly, around one hour or about 50-60 laps.

Was there ever a definitive time/laps determined for the Support Races? I may have missed it if so.

Thanks

They told me around an hour. 60 laps would be close to the full 2.4 hour race.

I was really looking forward to taking part in this, but the 4.11 update has really screwed me over and now my PS3 is not recognising any disks. :yuck:
Hope you guys have a great race, I'll try to follow the results.

you're blue-ray laser has broken down....

The race length for the support races will be about 1 hour including formation laps. That means we're going to set the race to 25 laps.

I'll post full details on the procedures later, but so you can plan your tire and pit strategy:

GT cars will run 23 laps at "race pace" + 2 formation laps
LMP cars will run 24 laps at "race pace" + 1 formation lap

Also we will require a shorter version of the simulated driver change so we can work out any issues before the main event from both a driver and steward standpoint. We'll be requiring LMP cars to "pause" a bit longer during their simulated driver change than GT cars to further equalize the total race time for both classes.

Since this will not be a "timed" race like the Enduro the race will finish when the first car from either class passes the finish line after lap 25. Between the extra formation lap and a slightly longer driver change for LMP the lead cars from both classes should have a decent chance to complete all their race laps before the race finish delay timer expires.

We'll set the race finish delay timer to 140 seconds which is enough time to complete a single race lap.

They told me around an hour. 60 laps would be close to the full 2.4 hour race.

Thanks, Scott. I thought my 50-60 laps might be too high. One hour sounds good for my back. :)

EDIT: Sounds good, Tim! Thanks.

I'm jumping in the main lobby for a bit if anyone wants to join. I'll be running some laps in my Vette.

Quick note on the lounges.

Tuesday and Wednesday (3/20-3/21) are "official" practice/race days for the weekly WRS combo race (GT5 Week 28 Online: Snake in the Road) so the main lounge GTP_3D3Racing will be reserved for that car/track Tuesday and Wednesday. During this time please use the alternate lounge GTP_3D3_B to run any Spa qualifying or practice sessions.

Today (3/19) and after the races on Wednesday (3/22-3/25) Spa will get priority status in the main lounge.

Scott, note the above post RE: the main lounge...unless that has changed. We can still use "B". :)

Here are the updated qualification results after Scott (mcfizzle) ran his qualifier yesterday and most drivers have communicated their status to me. Scott qualified after the original deadline so cannot qualify for room A, but is in the pool with drivers that didn't satisfy the original speed requirement and any drivers that declare as Reserve to attempt GT qualifying for the remaining spots in B. Given his qualifying time he's locked into the race. ๐Ÿ‘

enduro_quali_lmp.png

As of now all drivers who qualified for A have committed to LMP (I'm assuming for CSL) as have at least 5 guys in B so the mixed class format should thrive in both lounges as long as we don't have last minute cancels. ๐Ÿ‘ Biffy has formally commited to the GT class.

At this point Ty would get a spot in LMP-B if either Wardez or w-g-e decide to run the GT class instead unless Ty prefers GT himself.

We have 27 drivers registered and 28 spots available so all drivers will be able to compete in the Enduro in one class/lounge or the other. There is still one driver that's been spotted at practice who has yet to register so we may end up with 28.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Those of you who are committed to the LMP class for the Enduro can still run GT class in one of the races on Saturday if you desire. But you should run the GT qualifier in that case so that we can set your starting position on the grid. If you don't run the GT qualifier you can still run, but will start in the back of that class.

Last edited:
We have 27 drivers registered and 28 spots available so all drivers will be able to compete in the Enduro in one class/lounge or the other.

Really? Cool! Given my best times in practice (2'17.xxx) I was starting to think I would need you to set up a C room just for me! :dopey:

Looks like we have 28 drivers as Pekka (MadMax86) has joined in for the GT class. ๐Ÿ‘

Note that the deadline for LMP drivers to commit is being pushed back again. We are investigating something found under final review of the quali replays which may impact the A/B lounge results. More information will be forthcoming as the admins evaluate and discuss.

***Attention all drivers***
Due to the fact that the GT class is being run with power restrictions (89.3% - 552 HP) we are adding a regulation rule in order to ensure all cars start the race with the proper power, and mechanical conditions.
All drivers are required to start the race with the oil light / indicator off.

The OP has been changed to include this rule:
Oil Change: Required (All cars must start the race with the oil indicator off)

The LMP class is not power restricted, but the rule applies to that class as well in order to keep the rules consistent.
Drivers will be reminded of this rule change prior to the race start so that an oil change can be done if required.

I'm going to officially commit as a RESERVE for the LMP class. If somebody drops out or cancels for whatever reason, I will hop in the Peugeot and take their spot. If the LMP grid stays full, I will run GT without a problem.

If any stewards available to watch me qualify in the next half hour or so Im in 3D3 room B, or I will try and make it another night due to EU practice for this weeks event.

*** QUALI in progress.**** - Room 3D3 B
Please do not enter the 3D3 B lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins. ๐Ÿ‘

Room 3D3 B is open again.
Nice quali Paul (Hasslemoff) ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
*** QUALI in progress.**** - Room 3D3 B
Please do not enter the 3D3 B lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins. ๐Ÿ‘

Room 3D3 B is open again.
Nice quali Paul (Hasslemoff) ๐Ÿ‘

Cheers ๐Ÿ‘

When I ran my qualifyer, the car I drove was not tuned to correct specs.
It was at 735 bhp and 707 pp, but since I for some reason had a High rpm turbo installed, in combination with that the car was not fully run in, the numbers ended up exactly at 735 bhp and 707 pp.

Reason why I was so "sloppy" (I'm usually very strict with having the car set to correct specs) was that I ran the Vette, and that was the only car I was aiming to race.
Marc (Hydro) told me that the LMP deadline (that I did not care about since I was aiming for the GT class in the first place) was about to run out, and that I could at least submit a lap.
I thought: "Why not.."
So I went to my garage, and set the car up to 735 bhp and 707 pp.. And went out there.. Then, I had to leave for work, so had to rush my quali. So I just did it without thinking about the specs. (BHP and PP was correct so I was still let to track by the cpu)..
So it was more of a casual approach this first time I raced this car. Thinking about it, I should ofc doubble check both the OP and the car.. But the casual approach and the fact that I was short on time in combination that I did not aim to race the LMP at all ended up in this mess.

I deeply appologize to all participators and Stewards/moderators for this.

I understand that my quali run is not valid, and I'll accept any penalty/DQ the stewards decide on.

Sorry

Best regards
Dennis

Last edited:
If anyone wants to join in, I'm in the 3D3_B lounge right now.

When I ran my qualifyer, the car I drove was not tuned to correct specs.
It was at 735 bhp and 707 pp, but since I for some reason had a High rpm turbo installed, in combination with that the car was not fully run in, the numbers ended up exactly at 735 bhp and 707 pp.

Reason why I was so "sloppy" (I'm usually very strict with having the car set to correct specs) was that I ran the Vette, and that was the only car I was aiming to race.
Marc (Hydro) told me that the LMP deadline (that I did not care about since I was aiming for the GT class in the first place) was about to run out, and that I could at least submit a lap.
I thought: "Why not.."
So I went to my garage, and set the car up to 735 bhp and 707 pp.. And went out there.. Then, I had to leave for work, so had to rush my quali. So I just did it without thinking about the specs. (BHP and PP was correct so I was still let to track by the cpu)..
So it was more of a casual approach this first time I raced this car. Thinking about it, I should ofc doubble check both the OP and the car.. But the casual approach and the fact that I was short on time in combination that I did not aim to race the LMP at all ended up in this mess.

I deeply appologize to all participators and Stewards/moderators for this.

I understand that my quali run is not valid, and I'll accept any penalty/DQ the stewards decide on.

Sorry

Best regards
Dennis

Thanks for coming clean on that and we appreciate your honesty and we know it was not intentional and accept your apology.

The admins have ruled on the situation and we've decided that we have to DQ the quali run. Dennis will be vacating the spot in LMP/A meaning all drivers in LMP will move up one position. Dennis can rerun the qualifier for the LMP class, but he will be in the same category as the drivers who did not qualify before the original deadline. He basically can only qualify for LMP/B. Or he can just drop the LMP class and qualify for the GT class without any penalty. The choice is his.

We'll wait for his decision and update the quali results accordingly.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Not surprisingly considering he was on the fence anyway, Dennis has chosen to drop LMP and will be qualifying for the GT class. I'm sure Biffy will be thrilled with the added competition. :lol:

Tough break Dennis... But I'm sure you'll put in a great race in GT. ๐Ÿ‘

UPDATE: Not surprisingly considering he was on the fence anyway, Dennis has chosen to drop LMP and will be qualifying for the GT class. I'm sure Biffy will be thrilled with the added competition. :lol:

I lost against Biffy the other day in the GT3/GT4 race hosted by Aderrrm / PURE, so I'll defenetly try to swing things around.. BY A MILE!!! :lol: ;)
I'm comming for you Biffy!! :D

Tough break Dennis... But I'm sure you'll put in a great race in GT. ๐Ÿ‘

Yea, really sad, cause I set Bob in the LMP to run it in for me.. And just now, I did a 2:01.7 in it (at correct specs I might add). The car felt much smoother on exit on the throttle compared with the turbo version I used.. :lol:
I was starting to get ready for the experiance of racing the LMP's and was really looking forward to it.. Well, well.. S*** happens :ouch:
The GT class will be awesome! ๐Ÿ‘

To look at it from the bright side, since I was hoping to get some LMP experiance, I now get experiance i driving a slower class in a mixed race.
As you know, I've been in tons of mixed class races, but never in the slower class. So defenetly looking forward to it.

Now I just need to set my Vette up properly and get a good quali in.. With a car I know I have set up to specs. ๐Ÿ‘

Back