GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Guess that means I'm committed to LMP then. Time to get cracking. 👍

I'm gonna wait to see if CSL's committing or not to LMP 'cause it looks like I'm the new reserve for A (pole on B) since Gravitron moved up. If CSL commits then I'm going for GT as I've been practicing for it a bit and fell back in love with my C6.R.

Eddie, it's doubtful you'll move up to A because if we drop too far we'll actually just run 6 LMP cars per lounge... unless some additional LMP drivers come out of the woodwork to qualify and fill up the class. We can't have only 4 cars in LMP/B as that won't be much of a mixed class race. Basically, I'll take that as you're going for GT and we'll just save your LMP quali time "in case".

And so begins Round 2 :D

Looks like Eddie is gonna be joining our little party too, I warn you all though, I have a few party tricks up my sleeve :sly:

Finally signed up for the support race(s? First one is at silly o'clock after a wedding reception :crazy:). I may have to update or cancel later, but...

I can be available for quali at:

0630-0710 GMT today and tomorrow, with tomorrow being easier for me but closer to deadline.

1130ish-1330 GMT today and tomorrow, much more easily from my timezone's perspective

Or around practice time for the Wednesday 3D3 race, but that's going to hurt.

I'm going to be on tomorrow between 17.00-21.00 GMT and attempt my quali in the end of that 4 hour period. Between 20.00-21.00 sometime..

Any steward awailable by that time?

I'm going to be on tomorrow between 17.00-21.00 GMT and attempt my quali in the end of that 4 hour period. Between 20.00-21.00 sometime..

Any steward awailable by that time?

We have a WRS weekly combo race at 20:00 PM GMT tomorrow with practice starting an hour prior so a steward might be hard to come by at that exact time. The race + qualifying will likely last until 21:30 PM GMT and a steward will definitely be available after the race.

19:00 or 21:30 is probably a better bet.

We have a WRS weekly combo race at 20:00 PM GMT tomorrow with practice starting an hour prior so a steward might be hard to come by at that exact time. The race + qualifying will likely last until 21:30 PM GMT and a steward will definitely be available after the race.

19:00 or 21:30 is probably a better bet.

Well, 19.00 should work out just fine. 👍
Little less practice, but I'm practically set up already. Just felt I needed some extra time to prepare..

But it's room "B", right?
If so, my "chorda" account is only friends with the main lounge and the "A" lounge last time I checked, so going to need a confirmation from the "B" room in order to be able to run my quali there. 👍

Well, 19.00 should work out just fine. 👍
Little less practice, but I'm practically set up already. Just felt I needed some extra time to prepare..

But it's room "B", right?
If so, my "chorda" account is only friends with the main lounge and the "A" lounge last time I checked, so going to need a confirmation from the "B" room in order to be able to run my quali there. 👍

I'll double check the B lounge ID tonight to be sure you can get in Dennis 👍

I'm jumping in room B if anyone wants to join. I'll be doing some mock runs to test fuel and tires and then switch to GT at some point also.

Thanks Marc. 👍

Where can I view the GT quali sheet?

UPDATE, regarding my GTP-account. I sent an email to PSN support 48 hours ago and have still not recieved an answer. 👎

So I'm going to create a new GTP-account, and then "transfer" my GTP_Registry information to the new account.. If possible.

Do I need to do something to get the DLC package on there btw?
I think I recall reading about a "family pack download" or similar..

Last edited:
Id like to qualify between 930 - 1030 gmt on Thursday if poss. Need to practice tonight as I've just not put the laps in.

Sound reasonable?

Id like to qualify between 930 - 1030 gmt on Thursday if poss. Need to practice tonight as I've just not put the laps in.

Sound reasonable?

No problem, I'll be there. 👍

*** QUALI in progress.**** - Room 3D3 B
Please do not enter the 3D3 B lobby until I have posted again - about 15 mins.

EDIT: Quali is done.

Last edited:
A note on the Saturday support races...

I would ask that all drivers update their status (Confirmed | Reserve | Cancel) for each support race (if there is any change in status) ASAP, but at least 2 hours prior to the race start. We'll need to make a decision on whether we run one or two lounges and the mic settings at that time.

Here's how we are going to make our decisions pending the updated registration counts on Saturday.

If the number of confirmed drivers is:

• Less than 14: We will run in one lounge with mics-enabled. (Max grid size including reserves = 14).
  • 14-16: We will run in one lounge with mics-disabled. (Max grid size including reserves = 16).
  • Greater than 16: We will run two lounges with mics-enabled and split the grids as best we can based on the mix of classes.

In the event of a single lounge, but the potential to have more drivers than spots (including reserves) we will use the following protocol:

The confirmed drivers will get first dibs on grid spots and the reserves will get any remaining spots based on availability and their qualification time. If a confirmed drivers is not in the lounge 10 minutes before the race start their spot will be turned over to a reserve unless we've received a message that you are on your way and will be in time for the start.

The reserves are welcome to join the race lounge for pre-race practice until we are at 16 drivers. At that point point they will have to vacate the race lounge to allow confirmed driver to enter, but should continue practice in a designated alternate lounge. About 10 minutes before the race a steward will enter the alternate lounge and call alternates into the main lounge (if there are open slots) based on their quali times. Fastest LMP first, Fastest GT second, etc. If a confirmed driver tries to enter the lounge, but gets a message the lounge is full please send a message on PSN to one of the stewards who is in the lounge and we'll make sure a spot is vacated for you.

NOTE: if you still aren't sure of your participation by the commit deadline please stay on reserve list and do not confirm just to get yourself a confirmed spot. We're expecting all confirmed drivers to make the race and will frown upon last minute cancels on Saturday morning from the confirmed drivers. On the other hand if you are sure you can't make it please cancel your registration ASAP.

We don't want to lock anyone out of the race and we'll run two lounges if we have enough committed drivers, but we have to make a call on the # of lounges before the last minute. We will be sure to have a spot for *every* committed driver and reserves will have to take their chances.

Thanks.

Have cancelled my reserve spot in the first support race as the tentative nature of my appearance is becoming less and less likely so would rather count it out ahead of time.

Looking forward very much to the main event though, despite significant apprehension over abilities :D

Have cancelled my reserve spot in the first support race as the tentative nature of my appearance is becoming less and less likely so would rather count it out ahead of time.

Looking forward very much to the main event though, despite significant apprehension over abilities :D

OK, Reserve status means your not sure so if there is a chance we have no problem with keeping that status.

The request for a status update is primarily targeted at reserves who may now be able to commit (so we can reserve them a spot) OR committed drivers that might have doubts and should be using a reserve status (so we aren't surprised with a no show).

OK, Reserve status means your not sure so if there is a chance we have no problem with keeping that status.

The request for a status update is primarily targeted at reserves who may now be able to commit (so we can reserve them a spot) OR committed drivers that might have doubts and should be using a reserve status (so we aren't surprised with a no show).

Yeah I appreciate this wasn't what you intended with your message - I'd rather just make a decision now and I'm fairly certain as we creep towards the weekend that it'll be a no! 👍

Here is the LMP class podium qualifying video:

I feel like I backed into the podium with Hydro have a slight off on his 2'01.9 lap and Chorda having a spec issues. My best quali lap was a half second behind their best laps or even my personal best in practice. But just like poker you must gladly collect the chips when you win on the "river" because just as often it works out the other way around.

Once GT qualifying is complete I'll produce a similar quali video.

Great to hear Dennis!
I'll add that Id to the 3D3 racing lobbies 👍

I sent friend requests out last week to GTP_Chorda. I assume they are still outstanding and Dennis just needs to accept them. Once that happens we'll need to remove his non GTP tag account because we are nearing the 100 friend limit. We can wait until after the GT class qualifying.

Interesting to see, I've been lifting at Blanchimont and I see the podium finishers didn't. I will have to work on that, I think I don't always pick a great entry line for it. Nice job guys.

Interesting to see, I've been lifting at Blanchimont and I see the podium finishers didn't. I will have to work on that, I think I don't always pick a great entry line for it. Nice job guys.

For the race I'm not sure staying mashed on the throttle through Blanchimont is the best idea as it has an impact on the front tires, but for a quali run I think it's definitely faster.

Blanchimont in "dirty air" in these cars is a real factor too. You not only have to lift, you have to lift for a long time to prevent going wide on exit.

Oh, and my line in the video there was messed up. I should never have caught any of the grass on the inside... just choked under pressure as I turned in too early and lucky didn't end up spinning on the rumbles on exit -- which has happened to me on a few laps.

I had FR's from the 3D3 lounges waiting for me to approve. I've accepted all of them and are good to go. 👍

I'm heading for the B lounge right away!!

Even though I can not compete in any of the races being hosted this weekend I would love to watch them.

If there is any room in any looby for a spectator than I would gladly fill that spot. However, I know you guys have lots of participants and if no room is available I will understand. There is no need for an immediate answer, I watch this thread closley and a post just 30 minutes before the race that tells me if I can or not is fine.

Thanks

Back